• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Where are you going, and who would you most and least like to go with?

MOST

The wife, kids and I have not long been back from a week in Lanzarote. I think if had to go with a Blues player I would go with Mark Phillips. I want someone who is a family man as I dont think the non-parents players are going to understand the issues of going with kids (moaning, always want something, nightmare on the plane).

I also think he would be a good laugh at the late night entertainment. I also imagine he likes a beer so a bot of banter should be no issues.

He has just edged out Chris Barker who whilst meeting a lot of my criteria I think might be a typical Northerner aborad EG get smashed, sunburnt and make lude pervy comments at the Mrs all day.

LEAST

I think Kane has got to be my least favoured holiday player. No offence to him but I can just see it now. The Mrs and I trying to get some shut eye, knowing we have an early start to go and climb a volcano - when Kane bumbles in at 4am with a fat old munter, carrying a kebab and starts get on her in the bathroom. Sorry Kane mate but its no on.

Thoughts?

Id take Teddy Nesbitt with me to the Outer Hebrides.

Then leave him there without access to Twitter.

Great thread - haven't been enough of this type of thing lately IMHO.

Neil Harris would be my pick, for no other reason than he strikes me as a really decent bloke.

Never would I want to go on holiday will the Bilel Moshni. I want a relaxing time and don't want to be constantly worried about what he might do next.

I'd take Barry Corr. Being continually injured he'd be available for babysitting duties for the odd evening and in turn he won't be in a fit state to hit on the Mrs.

Wouldnt take Gilbert, as I fear he'd bore the tits off the family.

I'd take Michael Timlin with me to Portugal and then go out for a bit of Tapas with some friends leaving him alone in our apartment occasionally checking that he is OK. What could go wrong?

:hilarious: Someone green this man.

Then.

Most - Gilbert. It would give me a chance to get to know the real man - and not just the showman that we see week in, week out, playing his heart out for the club as if his life depended on putting in a good performance. The man beneath the fragile shell that is a mask on the creative and caring individual that is bursting to get out. We would go on a water-painting landscapes holiday in the Lincolnshire Wolds and visit the lovely gardens in that area as well.

Least - Harris. Philandering, promiscious, lazy, card-cheating, lude, leering thug that even Barclay's traders shy away from. He is always looking a fight and he doesn't know the difference between a constable and a Constable or a Mozart and a Brahms. Breakfast - lager. Lunch - more lager. Tea - lager and chips washed down with vodka and a kebab for supper and a Jimmy Carr DVD before falling asleep on the sofa. No thanks Neil. I would rather go on a find the Higgs boson holiday with Ron Martin .........

Being a cheapskate I'd take the non-existent goalkeeper!
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Most - a river cruise with JP Kalala as my guide. Starting out from the Thames Estuary we'd take a trip into the heart of darkness.

Least - Sean Clohessy. A trip to his home town would be more like the bowels of darkness.

I'd take Bilel on holiday to Colchester, then tell him that the town looked looked at him a bit funny, like.

That'd teach 'em

Yesterday afternoon I said I was taking Gilbert on holiday with me ...... and then he suddenly leaves the club. Ungrateful cur!

Back