• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you think the Ricketts signing is big...

gilbo

Coach
Not one for starting rumours, but I have heard from my next doors dog groomer's hair brush supplier who went on holiday to Bognor and got drunk with the village idiot and so on....

That will might be signing a midfielder from Aston Villa who has one england cap and goes by the name of Lee Hendrie.

Now he would be potentially, on paper a very good signing.

I think your person is on drugs but then I dont think I ever thought we would get Rickets..

Still I am sure Hendrie could do better than the Blues...

down.gif

I read somewhere that Hendrie has a drug/alcohol problem! It may have ven been suggested by Stan, who was/is a very good friend of his (not sure why he would say that though if he was a friend). However, the only credibility that I would give to this rumour (and it is not much) is that IF Hendrie was looking to leave Villa, he might chat to Stan, who might send him our way. Still, very doubtful though.

One thing that I would say though, and this is borne out by todays two signings, some Shrimpers are obviously not yet fully aclimatised to us being in this years championship. This IS the big league fellas. Much bigger than the last time we were here. A player who cannot get regular first team action in the Premiersh!te will now look to the Championship as a natural second option. This means that the quality is up because there are some very good players in this division. The only downside here is that there are around half a dozen clubs with parachute payments from the Premiersh!te in their bank accounts. Trouble is the likes of Wolves, Norwich and Ipswich have lost theirs and that brings them closer to our level. I truly believe that we can reach mid table this year, particularly after todays signings. Forget the little club syndrome....WE are here because we deserve to be and intend to stay!!! COME YOU SHRIMPERS!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ June 30 2006,14:40)]Not one for starting rumours, but I have heard from my next doors dog groomer's hair brush supplier who went on holiday to Bognor and got drunk with the village idiot and so on....

That will might be signing a midfielder from Aston Villa who has one england cap and goes by the name of Lee Hendrie.
Not one for saying people are talking b******s, but I...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ June 30 2006,14:57)]I read somewhere that Hendrie has a drug/alcohol problem!  It may have ven been suggested by Stan, who was/is a very good friend of his (not sure why he would say that though if he was a friend).  However, the only credibility that I would give to this rumour (and it is not much) is that IF Hendrie was looking to leave Villa, he might chat to Stan, who might send him our way.  Still, very doubtful though.

One thing that I would say though, and this is borne out by todays two signings, some Shrimpers are obviously not yet fully aclimatised to us being in this years championship.  This IS the big league fellas.  Much bigger than the last time we were here.  A player who cannot get regular first team action in the Premiersh!te will now look to the Championship as a natural second option.  This means that the quality is up because there are some very good players in this division.  The only downside here is that there are around half a dozen clubs with parachute payments from the Premiersh!te in their bank accounts.  Trouble is the likes of Wolves, Norwich and Ipswich have lost theirs and that brings them closer to our level.  I truly believe that we can reach mid table this year, particularly after todays signings.  Forget the little club syndrome....WE are here because we deserve to be and intend to stay!!!  COME YOU SHRIMPERS!!!!
Top post there Ian, lets hope you're right

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ June 30 2006,14:40)]Not one for starting rumours, but I have heard from my next doors dog groomer's hair brush supplier who went on holiday to Bognor and got drunk with the village idiot and so on....

Stephen Hendry more like.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ June 30 2006,15:00)]
[b said:

Or Stephen Hawking.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ June 30 2006,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ June 30 2006,15:00)]
[b said:

Or Stephen Hawking.
Yes, he's about as mobile as Lee Hendrie!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If we signed Lee Hendrie (come on, who am I kidding), I might actually puke with excitement.

Take a deep breath, though... come on, it ain't gonna happen... is it?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 30 2006,15:11)]If we signed Lee Hendrie (come on, who am I kidding), I might actually puke with excitement.

rock.gif
like i said i'm not one for posting pure rumour. i have heard that there is a chance.

Maybe they've tempted Hendrie with The Blue Belles as his Essex Hareem & that's why they might not be doing the pre-match/HT ents anymore?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gilbo @ June 30 2006,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 30 2006,15:11)]If we signed Lee Hendrie (come on, who am I kidding), I might actually puke with excitement.

rock.gif
like i said i'm not one for posting pure rumour. i have heard that there is a chance.
To make your post even more credible, any chance of revealing a toch more about your source?

If we sign Hendrie, the excitement of signing Francis, Hammell, Ricketts and Hendrie may prove to be too much...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 30 2006,14:42)]I think your person is on drugs but then I dont think I ever thought we would get Rickets..

Still I am sure Hendrie could do better than the Blues...

down.gif
To be fair Ricketts was always a possible as he was unwanted at a club within the same division as us...Hendrie is (as far as I am aware) not unwanted and if Villains did want to get rid, I would imagine he would attract the attention of a lot "more appealing" clubs than Southend....would be amazed if this one were true, but hey, I've been amazd before - to me he gives the impression of being a arrogant little sh!t, but decent player none the less.

i read somewhere at the end of last season he wanted to go somewhere he would get a lot more first team action

Back