• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you were a Chilean miner...

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
What is the first thing you would do after you stepped out of the FENIX 2?

After putting in an overtime claim I would probably go for a full English.

Judging by the state of some of the WAGs, I don't think I'd leave...

Ha ha. I saw a report the other day detailing what some of them were looking forward to dressing up in and then I saw their pictures. However seeing the clip on BBC of the first miner to emerge was a great start to my working day. An amazing story and these people deserve whatever benefits come their way for the rest of their lives.

They have already arranged a foundation style group to pool all their profits from their stories . It was also rumored they found a rich vain of gold down there so who knows . Fantastic they survived for 17 days before being discovered and brilliant work from the rescue teams .

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Being trapped underground is hardly a novel experience, as anyone who commutes in London can testify. And I bet the miners didn't have to endure some "public service announcement" every 3 minutes proclaiming that they were running a good service on all lines, despite the lack of any westbound services having been sighted in the last 15+ minutes. *****.

I'd step out of the capsule and say 'There's a little girl down there, you might know her. Maddie someone....'

They have already arranged a foundation style group to pool all their profits from their stories . It was also rumored they found a rich vain of gold down there so who knows . Fantastic they survived for 17 days before being discovered and brilliant work from the rescue teams .

The company owning the mine was on the verge of bankruptcy, and had its bank accounts frozen by the Chilean government in order to make them pay up for the rescue costs, so the company would've almost certainly gone under had it not been for the discovery of a mineral vein by one of their test drills that they were used to send supplies to those trapped.

Apparently, it's enough to make some people very rich, very quickly.

The company owning the mine was on the verge of bankruptcy, and had its bank accounts frozen by the Chilean government in order to make them pay up for the rescue costs, so the company would've almost certainly gone under had it not been for the discovery of a mineral vein by one of their test drills that they were used to send supplies to those trapped.

Apparently, it's enough to make some people very rich, very quickly.
Given the law suits from 33 miners , the government and probably a few others , it won't be the company ;)

I would proclaim that after 77 days, we had still had no luck locating Ron's Warchest

Do you reckon they had a farting ban whilst they were trapped down there?

if so, i would want to be about the 4th to leave, and drop a right eggy one just before i left.

Do you reckon they had a farting ban whilst they were trapped down there?

if so, i would want to be about the 4th to leave, and drop a right eggy one just before i left.

someone at work said that the pressure change as they ascend will cause them to do some huge farts. That shaft must absolutely stink!

someone at work said that the pressure change as they ascend will cause them to do some huge farts. That shaft must absolutely stink!

In which case I hope they were all given sausage and egg Mcmuffins and hash browns this morning. McFarts.......

I've been really overwhelmed watching it all. A real good news story (as long as they keep coming up!).
I love the rockstar way they appear in their new Ray Bans and the high-fives, thumbs up, hugs and tears show what an amazing event it is.
Napster posted a great link on Twitter - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rescatemineros/show/
Watching the second miner on BBC News was great too - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11530337

I think I'd want to sit OUTSIDE a pub, down a few beers, run around like a loony, then use the mine story as a great chat up line...

I've been really overwhelmed watching it all. A real good news story (as long as they keep coming up!).
I love the rockstar way they appear in their new Ray Bans and the high-fives, thumbs up, hugs and tears show what an amazing event it is.
Napster posted a great link on Twitter - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rescatemineros/show/
Watching the second miner on BBC News was great too - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11530337

I think I'd want to sit OUTSIDE a pub, down a few beers, run around like a loony, then use the mine story as a great chat up line...

Unfortunately, it's a better news story if something was to go wrong which, touch wood, doesn't happen.

Do you reckon they're excited as I am about not missing the SZ Eggheads episode?

Unfortunately, it's a better news story if something was to go wrong which, touch wood, doesn't happen.

Do you reckon they're excited as I am about not missing the SZ Eggheads episode?
I'm sure they all had it series linked on Sky+ anyway.

planet-of-the-apes.jpg

rescue.jpg

chileanim.gif

b3ta is full of win today!

Back