• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you were an out of work manager.....

BALDY

Striker
And you read this forum on a regular basis would you want to manage here?

Of course they would. Telling me if Harry Kewell was offered a vacancy tomorrow he wouldn’t hot foot it down here.

the lure to be a football manager at a decent level must be huge and I’d expect if Phil was sacked we’d have untold numbers of applicants.

how good they would all be is another thing.

Early season with plenty left I would jump at the chance!
Maybe later staring at relegation I wouldn't!

Yes - the issues with the squad are plain to see, and the solutions are potentially also within the squad. Chairman has also said another signing or 2 is possible, so some budget left. What's not to like?

Of course they would. Telling me if Harry Kewell was offered a vacancy tomorrow he wouldn’t hot foot it down here.
Christ, the appointment of Harry Kewell would be so much worse - he makes Brown look like Tuchel, Guardiola and Klopp all rolled into one….

Of course, sign a two year contract work for three months get sacked and then get 19 months pay for doing fa? Sounds like a good wheeze to me.
I think that I will go for it myself lol

Being Southend manager for 3 months probably takes 10 years off your life expectancy anyway.
I think I could overcome that with my sheer joie de vivre and lust for life.

But thanks be to Sooty, I have a job so there is no chance I will end up as Southend manager. Unless Ron resorts to a press gang.

Back