• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you were on the run

DTS

The Business
Lets say you had commiteed a hiddious crime against society that would discust even your own family such as murder, armed robbery or brought a season ticket at the Orient and there was a national manhunt on for you.

Where would you go? Who could you turn to to help you?

Personally whilst its not very original I think I would go over to Costa Del Sol....One of my best mates in the world Spanish Rick owns a travel company out there and I am sure he would help me.

I reckon I would send a few nights in some obscure Andalucian Village before heading off for a new life in Brazil or Argentina I reckon.

Your thoughts please.??/
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,14:17)]before heading off for a new life in Brazil or Argentina I reckon.
Somewhere in South America would be my choice.

If committed armed robbery I would have made somewhere in the region of 100k GBP. In current climate could live quite comfortably on around a tenner a day somewhere like Ecuador/Peru/Boliva. So would be able to hide out for 25+ years and let the dust settle....

i would head to Northern Corfu.

I been on holiday there a quite a few times, i know quite a few of the locals, so could get by, and everyone is so laid back etc, it would take years for the police to bother to come and look for me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,14:59)]The Dengie Peninsula - I know the marshes like the back of my hand and no-one would find me ...
Not meaning to question you but would living in a marsh land really give you the lifestyle that you have now become acustomed?

Also would you not be better outside the UK?

Just ideas..?
rock.gif

I would carry on as normal

If I had been stupid enough to be so ill prepared to have left any evidence what so ever , then I should be ready to take the consequences.

Then after prepartation and long enough to have not aroused suspicion I would move house.

Nothing would indicate more that I was in trouble than me legging it away from Family and SUFC...

I know rather isolated farm in Victoria Australia just outside of Warragul. A good few miles down a dirt track - reckon I could hide out there for a while and keep the Blue Healers away from the door.

Food wouldnt be a problem either as there's loads of good free food on the fat of the land.

Paraguay or Uruguay. If some Nazis can commit war crimes and then get away with it scot-free by relocating to Montevideo or Asuncion, then I reckon I ought to manage it too.

upside.gif

Matt, I reckon there are a number of faceless international firms where we could work undetected for a number of years if we so desired!

A more appealing destination would be South America or South East Asia. Being a gringo or gweilo respectively you don't get asked too many questions and if things got hairy you can probably buy your way out of trouble in either Bolivia or Cambodia.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 11 2006,15:39)]Paraguay or Uruguay.  If some Nazis can commit war crimes and then get away with it scot-free by relocating to Montevideo or Asuncion, then I reckon I ought to manage it too.

upside.gif
Exactly mts, this continent is crawling with ex cons from various other countries and Sao Paulo would be even better if you ask me with its size etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,17:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 11 2006,15:39)]Paraguay or Uruguay.  If some Nazis can commit war crimes and then get away with it scot-free by relocating to Montevideo or Asuncion, then I reckon I ought to manage it too.

upside.gif
Exactly mts, this continent is crawling with ex cons from various other countries and Sao Paulo would be even better if you ask me with its size etc.
Come to think of it, Ronnie Biggs managed to stay in Rio for feckin' ages just by getting a local knocked up!! **** it, I'd head there and put some local skirt in the family way!

laugh.gif

Easy,
North west Western Australia.

Only 200,000 peole in an area the size of Europe.

You'd never be found.
There's a farm there that is the size of Belgium !!!!!!!!

Remember that Japanese cult that let of the Sarin in the Japan underground?
They secretly bought a few thousand acres in the middle of the Great Sandy desert and let off an experimental nuclear bomb there!!!!!!!!
Guess how long it took to find the site?

4 f%&kin years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't find a nuclear hole on the ground in Western Australia they're not gonna find you.

Rio sounds very appealing, or somewhere like Peru, Chile or Argentina.

Always wanted to go to New Zealand, but is that a place where Interpol could quite easily get you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,16:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,14:59)]The Dengie Peninsula - I know the marshes like the back of my hand and no-one would find me ...
Not meaning to question you but would living in a marsh land really give you the lifestyle that you have now become acustomed?

Also would you not be better outside the UK?

Just ideas..?
rock.gif
A national manhunt would probably exclude the ability to leave the UK by air or sea unless you're very quick about it ... and even then there would be computer records of your departure, unless you're using false identification which means that the crime was premeditated and therefore you should hang. A more spontaneous crime would mean that you'd have to go underground in the UK for a while and the Dengie is the perfect place ... you could even sneak across the North Sea in a small rowing boat under the cover of darkness after a few days ... not that I had anything planned, no ...

Back