• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If your best mate turned gay.....

Poll

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
would if affect your friendship.

Before any of the hilarious comedians on the board come out with "is there anything you need to tell us Dave" or any other Brighton related jokes I can assure you this is not a personal question.

I was out with our Life Assurance bloke last week as he said he needed a beer. Anyway it turns out that his best mate for 15 years has just come out the closet and is now a full on homosexual. He has also had a boyfriend for two years.

Our life assurance bloke was annoyed as he felt the other bloke had led a lie all this time and said he couldnt trust him again and was not even sure he wanted to be mates any more.

I had a think about this with my mates and to be honest I think altough its not very PC I would be really annoyed.

You should (and I do) tell my mates everything and if one of my mates had covered up something as big as this I would wonder what else they had kept quiet.

I also think that 50% of what me and my mates do is talk about women problems, perv on birds on the beach etc - Its what bonds you together.

Thoughts / Comments please.

DtS

i would be well annoyed if they had kept it secret for a long time, so agree with you there dave. Fundamentally I don't have any problem with it and I have a fair few gay friends, just the thought that a mate felt that they couldn't tell me straight up about it would probably **** me off

would if affect your friendship.

I also think that 50% of what me and my mates do is talk about women problems, perv on birds on the beach etc - Its what bonds you together.

Thoughts / Comments please.

DtS

Typo? You mean 98% surely?

I'm inclined to agree. If you're good mates, why would he keep it a secret for so long?

What a "Bummer"..

I guess I would feel let down ..but maybe he was just to embarressed before to tell his mate.

Nothing would change. I have had the same experience with a mate who admitted that he was gay (although he was so obvious anyway) and my only retort was that it meant that there would be more chicks available ...

Nothing would change. I have had the same experience with a mate who admitted that he was gay (although he was so obvious anyway) and my only retort was that it meant that there would be more chicks available ...

Did he ever have a bird though Mike.

As our life blokes mate had a really nice bird of six years too....I think that was the shock factor.

Did he ever have a bird though Mike.

As our life blokes mate had a really nice bird of six years too....I think that was the shock factor.

He did in a way. But I think it was all about peer pressure. The rest of us were wandering around ****ing all and sundry and he wasn't ready to take a bloke back to the flat with our knowledge. So he'd return with a lass who, it turned out, was gay as well. In hindsight, it was all so obvious but in the late hormonal-crazy teens, we didn't bat an eyelid as we were too busy fumbling with our own conquests.

SZFC recently had this problem when Yorkshire Bambi came out of the closet. We all asked a few questions, but in the end it was ok. I've long suspected this is a Yorkshire/Northern thing so maybe this stretches to Yorkshire Blue is too.

I didn't know pople 'turned' gay.

What would you do if your best mate turned Eastern European or Black?

Last edited:
It doesn't really change anything, it just answers a few questions! A mate of mine came out at 32. If anything, you're just happy that they don't have to pretend anymore.

You can understand why some blokes wouldn't tell their mates for ages, they'd be terrifed.

Oh, and gay blokes continue to sit and perve on girls, probably more than straight blokes.

Boobs, it seems, are just brilliant, no matter which way you swing.

SZFC recently had this problem when Yorkshire Bambi came out of the closet. We all asked a few questions, but in the end it was ok. I've long suspected this is a Yorkshire/Northern thing so maybe this stretches to Yorkshire Blue is too.

Sorry to disappoint you, but being male you're not my type.

As long as this mate in question didn't expect me to accept his new mincing tendencies and accompany him to gay bars or outwardly show his affections by copping off with geezers in public, I would have no problem with it.

I'd accept that things would have to change a little. You couldn't carry on talk of goosing birds for instance, but as long as the things you had in common before the closet breaking are still there (aside from sexual preference of course), things shouldn't have to change a great deal.

funnily enough, one of my mates told me he was bi-sexual the other day...

I hadnt seen him for a few months, and he's alwaysd been quite a ladies man, but he told me he is now in a relationship with a man...

The term Bi-sexual is a bit confusing if you ask me... surely if your actually in a relationship, you're either one or t'over??

Back