• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iFollow this season

I follow will not be televising Crawley cup game either as Sky bought the rights for TV Cup games. Starting to think that buying a season IFollw pass is a waste of money!
As previously stated the FA Cup games were not included this season or last season. It's a shame but something that I accept. For my 3,300 czk I still believe I am getting a great offer and chance to see my beloved Blues...

I'll probably give this a try on Tuesday night, but I haven't registered yet, so is it a long winded process I should start now, or can I just log-on Tuesday and it's done pretty much instantaneously?

Thanks for any advice,

Just registered for tomorrow's game, as I won't be at RH.

Looking forward to seeing if the £10.00 is worth it. :Thumbs up:

If so, I'll use it for the Christmas away game at Oxford.

Just registered for tomorrow's game, as I won't be at RH.

Looking forward to seeing if the £10.00 is worth it. :Thumbs up:

If so, I'll use it for the Christmas away game at Oxford.

Oh no you wont!

Please note, for UK users, matches within the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons will be blacked out and not available on iFollow. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will also be unavailable.

Really! .. I'm not going to Oxford, so they've just lost themselves £10.00! :Facepalm:

How odd. I can kind of see the Saturday thing, though I don't agree with it, but Boxing Day and Easter seems a bit too far. I'm sure they can broadcast live matches at 3:00pm on those days on TV over here.

Edit : Just checked and Sheffield United v Derby County is live on SKY at 3:00pm on Boxing Day.

They in theory are trying to balance access through streaming and maintaining attendances - If Ifollow wasn't available would you be going tonight?

I've watched Luton, Burton and Walsall on Ifollow and its OK from one camera. I've just upgraded to fibre broadband to up my speed as it has frozen/blurred a couple of times. Any controversial incident or a goal I expect a replay that of course doesn't come - but you can scroll back through the coverage - something to do at half time and the end of the game.

A few weeks ago I compared the commentary on Ifollow with the medium wave BBC Essex radio commentary which if the weather conditions are ok I can just about hear in the afternoon on the Sussex coast. The Ifollow commentary has a 50 second lag behind the radio!

I presume the picture streaming also has this lag however I have noticed that the commentary does lag behind the stream.

Thanks, LB.

No, I wasn't intending to go tonight anyway, so would have listened on the radio.

For me, it's not a replacement for going to RH, but for the odd home game when I wasn't going anyway and particularity for away games, I think it's very handy.

Out of that £10.00, do the clubs keep any of that or does it all go to SKY/ifollow do we know?

Thanks, LB.

No, I wasn't intending to go tonight anyway, so would have listened on the radio.

For me, it's not a replacement for going to RH, but for the odd home game when I wasn't going anyway and particularity for away games, I think it's very handy.

Out of that £10.00, do the clubs keep any of that or does it all go to SKY/ifollow do we know?

I've heard that the clubs get a bit but not much. I don't think Sky get anything - I thought IFollow was an EFL initiative - but they don't show games that are covered by Sky -I guess because of the contract they will have with Sky.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/21/what-is-ifollow-football-league

A number of clubs opted out.

Thanks, LB.

I thought SKY had some say as they sponsor our division, but I might be wrong.

I like the idea of ifollow, especially for away games. For example, tonight, it's good that Scunthorpe fans can see the game.

Last edited:
Right, I'm all set for my first view of the ifollow coverage.

Do people bother with the stats stuff usually?

Back