• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iFollow this season

I was looking forward to watching the Luton game tomorrow, but then realised that due to my house move I might not have broadband set up.

I can hotspot off my mobile onto my laptop attached to my TV. Has anyone tried using ifollow on mobile data rather than broadband?

Is it worth paying my £10?

I was looking forward to watching the Luton game tomorrow, but then realised that due to my house move I might not have broadband set up.

I can hotspot off my mobile onto my laptop attached to my TV. Has anyone tried using ifollow on mobile data rather than broadband?

Is it worth paying my £10?

If you get to watch it tomorrow can you keep quiet on the score until Tuesday night. :Smile:

Communication with regards to what the customer is entitled to seems to be a little bit lacking with regards to ifollow.

I have the option to buy a match day pass without the £45 UK season pass, but not when I’m trying to do so through the app. I have to sign in on some sort of internet browser, like safari on my phone.

Whether that means I won’t be able to watch it through my phone once I’ve bought the pass, I don’t know. Hopefully because my laptop is as slow as Anton so won’t stream very well.

Personally, I've never understood their pricing policy of £4.49 a month or £45 a year.

Considering they hardly publish anything on iFollow for the 3 months in season break, add to that, customers that travel globally either for holiday or business (where games are played in the middle of the night), I would have thought they would have had the annual subscription at around the £35-£40 mark, to make it more enticing to customers and having an annual subscription up front in their bank account.

I assume the same is in place for watching the Luton game from Ireland? And do you get access to full match replays at all with any of the subscriptions? Reluctant to try because of the stories of bad quality/sound issues.

Thinking of doing this tomorrow. I used it last season via a proxy and the commentary was so out of sync it was abysmal... has that been rectified this season?

Commentary has been fine. The Bradford game the commentary volume was too low and drowned out by the crowd noise but it was not out of sync.

Their is a guy in Australia, don't know if he is on here who puts the iFollow up into a stream most weeks and just asks for PayPal donations. Worth searching on twitter for.

Two questions:

1) How much of the £10 match fee goes to the club ( or the £8.33 after VAT)
2) Will the stream lag the one minute behind real time that happens on the radio commentary. Chris Phillips' and the Clubs Twitter feeds are quicker on goals scored than iFollow

Monthly Pass

Access audio commentary and exclusive club content one month at a time

• Live audio commentary of all matches
  • Full match replays*
  • Video highlights
  • Behind the scenes content
  • Valid for 30 days from date of purchase
  • Receive the weekly club newsletter †
  • Watch matches live in high definition*
£4.49

Does anyone know whether this indicates that after the match is over, people with a monthly pass (or season pass) will be able to watch a full match replays for free? That is what the asterisk against the "Watch matches live..." (marked with a red cross on the website) and against the "Full match replays" suggests to me...

Two questions:

2) Will the stream lag the one minute behind real time that happens on the radio commentary. Chris Phillips' and the Clubs Twitter feeds are quicker on goals scored than iFollow

Andy Holt, the Accrington chairman seemed to indicate that not a lot went to the club.

Two questions:

1) I wouldn’t try and fight it. It’s the future of sport viewing - people will still go to away if they can afford to. The club would get more money than you not going at all...

2) Yes, of course it’s delayed a little. You MIGHT be able to get updates a few moments quicker if you sit and stare at a twitter feed resetting for 90 minutes but iFollow offers a bit then teletex score updates.

I don't look at any of the almost real time twitter etc. game updates. Looking at the scoreboard clock against my PC's time it's about 2 min difference.

This is my second season of using iFollow and there has been some occasional issues during the nearly 50 games that I have watched.

However, it has given many overseas Blues fans the chance to view their beloved Southend "live". I would rather have this then having to rely on other social media outlets giving me text updates.

To all those non-overseas Blues who are considering using iFollow tonight my message is "sign up, use it and take the opportunity to see the Blues in different way. It's an alternative option that 2 seasons ago was not available. That must be at least one major plus point"

Back