• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iFollow this season

first time I've used Ifollow - quite impressed - apart from the scoreline of course ?

Yeah I had a first go on this today. Good quality, shame about having to watch Hylton and Lee - two players that could use a good kicking.

At least we only wasted the £10 to watch it on iFollow rather than actually go to visit Lootown - a place I have no inclination to go back to ever again!

Ifollow was surprisingly good, even the wife was surprised of the quality until I told her I had to pay. Bonus was that my card was refused and was still able to watch the game.

While I think disappointment is justified, I think the tone and extent of some of the negativity is a bit overblown.

It’s only been a few games and some aspects of our play have been really pleasing and promising for me - apart from Tuesday we’ve created a stackfull of chances in our games so far. That wasn’t an accident in my view. Walsall at home last season was a worse performance under CP and probably Plymouth away too. The defence is a worry but we know it’s not what CP would want to pick as his first preference. A fair chunk of wages, by our standards, go to Ferdinand and Kiernan who aren’t available and the new signing in defence unfortunately got injured.

Wingers are absolutely a big part of how CP wants to play but again he has big earners he inherited who underperform and the new signing got injured.

Unai Emery hasn’t had a fantastic start either and all the talk had been that he will need 3 or 4 transfer windows to completely turn things around. That’s Arsenal in the Premier League - I’m not sure why everyone thinks CP at Southend in League One should definitely have the whole place ship shape after just one.

We’ll grow in strength this season I think, just as we have in the previous few seasons. We don’t often start particularly well - in fact it’s often much worse than this.

When I log on to my VPN this morning, it won’t even let me open the Southend United App on my phone, let alone purchase a match pass. Anyone else having the same issue?

My IFollow today is quite hopeless as the longest continuous action i have been able to watch is about a minute and a half and would have seen less than ten minutes of the game in total so far.

My IFollow today is quite hopeless as the longest continuous action i have been able to watch is about a minute and a half and would have seen less than ten minutes of the game in total so far.
10 minutes longer than me, only got the radio for company.

Disappointing.We don't look anything like a top 6 side atm.

Well it will be tough to compete to that level. It gets tougher every year. Who is up there so far? Peterborough (spent millions on players), Sunderland (£50million parachute payment), Portsmouth (20,000 home gates), and a couple you might not expect like Walsall etc. I think we have started very well indeed, considering the injuries and small squad. But then I have lower expectations than you.

Well it will be tough to compete to that level. It gets tougher every year. Who is up there so far? Peterborough (spent millions on players), Sunderland (£50million parachute payment), Portsmouth (20,000 home gates), and a couple you might not expect like Walsall etc. I think we have started very well indeed, considering the injuries and small squad. But then I have lower expectations than you.

On the contrary I'll be happy enough if we stay in L1 and even happier if we imrove on our 10th spot last year.But as I said, I think a top 6 slot is beyond us.

Does anyone else think that they are just delaying the inevitable here? Im not abroad but also dont live in southend anymore, I would gladly pay to watch the matches on ifollow, and whenever I come back to Southend I try and schedule in a home game as theres nothing like watching the blues at roots hall live. So it would increase the clubs income not decrease it if I could pay per game to watch. And like with all things technological, the people dodging the security with vpns etc are always going to be just one small step behind to finding ways to watch.

Back