• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm a Shrimperzoner, Get Me Out Of Here

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
So if the balloon went up and we were put back in the stone age how would we all get on? Could the faithful from this web site survive if required. Could you build shelter, find water, light fire and find food? Tell us what you would do to survive. Robbing an Tesco's does not count.

So if the balloon went up and we were put back in the stone age how would we all get on? Could the faithful from this web site survive if required. Could you build shelter, find water, light fire and find food? Tell us what you would do to survive. Robbing an Tesco's does not count.

Dunno, but dragging the women around by the hair has a certain attraction.

Dunno, but dragging the women around by the hair has a certain attraction.

Yeah, but the amount of hair that one would discover that women actually have sans razors might rather counter that...

caveman5.gif

On a serious note I would be bloody useless and the first to succumb to starvation if I hadn't poisoned myself already. I could create shelter and find water though so as long as I partnered up with a hunter-warrior I might have half a chance.

I did a survival course when I was in the Cubs or Scouts over at Belchamps.

We were told to construct a bivouac out of whatever we could find.

I managed to find a sheet of corrugated iron, which apparently went against the spirit of trying to construct a shelter out of twigs.

It didn't do much good anyway is it ****ed it down all night and it turned out that the flat land we were camping in a dried up river bed. We ended up spending most of the night in the minibus instead.

I managed to find a sheet of corrugated iron, which apparently went against the spirit of trying to construct a shelter out of twigs.

It didn't do much good anyway is it ****ed it down all night and it turned out that the flat land we were camping in a dried up river bed. We ended up spending most of the night in the minibus instead.

Reminds me of a survival course I did somewhere around Brentwood. We were meant to be doing a solo bivouacing exercise overnight, when some of the organisers came round and told us that they'd had some reports that a lion had escaped from a local circus...

I just assumed that it was BS and that they were on a wind-up (it later turned out to be partially true). Even though I was convinced that I wasn't going to be spooked by a cheap wind-up, it didn't really help the sleep situation - a couple of twigs and leaves doesn't really seem a sufficient defence against rampaging big cats - even imaginary ones.

Needless to say the various woodland sounds of frogs croaking, owls hooting, and that blood-curdling cry that foxes do when they're courting made damn sure that no-one got any sleep at all and we all turned up bleary eyed at the rendezvous the next morning.

Survival courses are meant to be manly pursuits for manly men, so nobody really wanted to admit that they'd been at all scared. We were all saying how we didn't fall for the lion gag. Suddenly a massive Golden Retriever came bounding in to the clearing right into the middle of the group - several World tree climbing, sprint, and trouser-filling records were set that morning...

My dad used to be an ADC for Scouts and Cubs so I used to go on a lot of camps with him over at Belchamps! I like to think I'd be ok on most things, but my downfall would probably be the ablutions area - can't do without a proper flushing loo and clean and at least warm running water! Actually, not sure if my back would take sleeping on the ground these days either! So maybe not.

All I can remember from these "Outdoor Bounds" courses I've done was illegal drinking in a nearby pub in Doncaster on the BR one (we were 16/17), and me and my mate Owen sharing a four man tent with two of the hotties in school (Tina Golding and Nicola ?) in our 5th year at school (unfortunately there was zero action, but was still a major coup!)

Sod all this climbing, walking and canoeing. Give me beer and women. :D

Back