• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im done with this shower of.......

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Let's be honest this season is a complete chore and complete bore and painful to watch.

I could have worked so many Saturdays and earnt money instead of coming, but I have a season card and came anyway.

But i have genuinely got to the point where I feel nothing for this set of players or the club in general at the moment. You would think there would be anger, or disgust, but generally I couldn't give two ****s at the moment.

I've paid my money and If I don't go I am not damaging the club. I know a few others who are die hards who are also gonna have a break for a while.

Been going for 26 seasons and this is the first time I'm genuinely not fussed about going or not.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Yep.

My Christmas tree isn’t out of the garage yet and we are:
11 points from safety
52 conceded (fastest to 50 since 1966)
0 home wins

Some people will say “true fans like us will still go week in week out”... there’s a fine line between dedication and stupidity

Wonder how many of the half season cards will be sold that the club were offering the other day. Only a true glutton for punishment would do that!

I’m feeling similar levels of despondency.

Someone said on here recently that 4 managers have got the same outcome, which points to the players. This resonated with me as absolutely spot on. However I would like to add to this that it must also go deeper: there has to be something deep rooted and rotten at the club.

I remember under Tilson when players weren’t getting paid, when Sturrock pulled together a squad from 4 players in about a week. Even then was better than now. Never have I seen a group of Southend United players so uncommitted, so abject, so poor, as the current bunch.

It pains me to say it, but I welcome relegation. However, only if the wholesale squad changes are made and whatever is destroying the club from within is addressed and put right. Rock bottom can become the foundation on which the club is reborn stronger and better. The problem is not letting our rock bottom become perpetually further away from our current position: the free-falling has to be abated. If that takes relegation to L2 then so be it, but please uncle Ron, use the opportunity to put right everything that needs doing so at that time. Don’t scrimp and shortcut, paper over the cracks. Do it properly and do it once. It must start in January.

UTB

Last edited:
Stop going. Genuinely stop going. I know we all wear rose tinted glasses to a degree because it’s the club we all love and have done for many years but this lot simply don’t deserve it

They need to be playing in empty stadiums because that’s what their performances warrant. I haven’t been to the last few home games and I actually feel better. I don’t get angry when I see we’re getting slapped again, I just sit back and think “well of course we are”

You cannot polish a **** and this is steaming pile of dog ****e

"You cannot polish a **** and this is steaming pile of dog ****e"

That's unjust and an insult to every steaming pile of dog ****e!

I was driving up to Norwich whilst the game was on and heard on Talk Sport Southend were 4-0 down and physically starting laughing.

I've been a fan for 26 years and for that whole time I really cared if we conceded a goal and it really annoyed me. Now I laugh.

My fear isn't division 2 (that's a given) it's the very high possibility of non league football the season after next. UTB is spot on the rot in our club is a lot deeper than SC or the current crop of woeful players. As supporters we all work hard for our money and spending it week in week out watching in agony is more than I can take so I am taking a break. I don't like bashing managers and we have quite a few of them since PB but if SC thinks we will survive even division 2 playing the tactics he obviously employed yesterday then I really fear for my beloved club and our future.

My fear isn't division 2 (that's a given) it's the very high possibility of non league football the season after next. UTB is spot on the rot in our club is a lot deeper than SC or the current crop of woeful players. As supporters we all work hard for our money and spending it week in week out watching in agony is more than I can take so I am taking a break. I don't like bashing managers and we have quite a few of them since PB but if SC thinks we will survive even division 2 playing the tactics he obviously employed yesterday then I really fear for my beloved club and our future.

The National league is a tough division these days, half of the clubs in there are ex league sides neither of the two clubs who went down last season are doing that well and Chesterfield are just above the relegation zone!

I’ve had enough. I actually got a bit annoyed at the people clapping the players off yesterday. It’s like going to watch a show and giving a under deserved standing ovation ( which happens a lot these days). It just takes away any meaning behind it. They don’t deserve any adulation.
I guess they should enjoy it, I can’t see many of these players having a pro career or at least playing at any decent level after this season.

The National league is a tough division these days, half of the clubs in there are ex league sides neither of the two clubs who went down last season are doing that well and Chesterfield are just above the relegation zone!
However I’m friends with a few Bristol Rovers fans and though they went up by the skin of their teeth, they quite enjoyed that season in a weird way. It allowed them to rebuild their identity and come back stronger. So I’ll take that example...I hope to God we never have to find out how tough that league is, I know this current team would struggle there. I’m hopeful we can do our rebuilding in L2.

I agree with the initial post.

However, to those non-season ticket holders planning to stay away, please at least sign up to Blues Lottery. Supports the one functioning part of the club and you are still providing the club some funding for our future.

If hundreds or thousands stop going completely, Southend United will be finished - for all of us.

I agree fully, Season ticket holder since 92, left at HT yesterday and can’t see me going back for a while.
Will keep contributing to the club, just won’t subject myself to the football...

However I’m friends with a few Bristol Rovers fans and though they went up by the skin of their teeth, they quite enjoyed that season in a weird way. It allowed them to rebuild their identity and come back stronger. So I’ll take that example...I hope to God we never have to find out how tough that league is, I know this current team would struggle there. I’m hopeful we can do our rebuilding in L2.

Funnily enough we did too, although that was a long time ago now, two seasons 1990-1992. Of course it was helped by the rivalry between our manager Roy McDonough and the Wycombe manager Martin O'neill. There was not many ex league clubs in there then so we were regarded as a big scalp! We thought it was the end of the road when we went down following a grim period for our club, but it turned out to be great fun and ended up with a Wembley trip in the FA trophy and a great day out for the travelling 25K plus Colchester fans. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards

Also, now with the TV coverage and so on, the NL is on a par with the bottom half of Division 4 and has more TV air-time. It's not the graveyard it once was.

The whole issue with us is the new stadium and the need to be higher up the pyramid. Like RH itself, Ron must be seeing the whole thing crumbling before him ATM.

Funnily enough we did too, although that was a long time ago now, two seasons 1990-1992. Of course it was helped by the rivalry between our manager Roy McDonough and the Wycombe manager Martin O'neill. There was not many ex league clubs in there then so we were regarded as a big scalp! We thought it was the end of the road when we went down following a grim period for our club, but it turned out to be great fun and ended up with a Wembley trip in the FA trophy and a great day out for the travelling 25K plus Colchester fans. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards
Exactly that and for that reason I remain hopeful despite the worst season I’ve ever experienced as a Southend fan. Like I say I hope we don’t get to that point as undoubtedly it’s harder to get out of that division now. You’d definitely need a team of battlers to get out of there. I watched that documentary on Salford .. that was telling.

I’ve had enough. I actually got a bit annoyed at the people clapping the players off yesterday. It’s like going to watch a show and giving a under deserved standing ovation ( which happens a lot these days). It just takes away any meaning behind it. They don’t deserve any adulation.
I guess they should enjoy it, I can’t see many of these players having a pro career or at least playing at any decent level after this season.
I felt the same, I walked round the edge of the pitch and stood and watched the Oxford players celebrating in front of their fans, richly deserved. I was embarrassed that my team did not give them a game. I looked Cox in the eye as he sauntered past, he did not give a f***?

I’m absolutely staggered that the players are still being applauded off after each thumping.

Wonder how many of the half season cards will be sold that the club were offering the other day. Only a true glutton for punishment would do that!
It will only be a few more weeks and Ron will want your £400 (£250, £150, £85, £24) for next years season tickets!

Back