• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im done with this shower of.......

Then look at the two who were declared “injured” for yesterday, but still took part in the training session after the game. There’s your problem.

Which two are they ? Manton and Hyam ?

Then look at the two who were declared “injured” for yesterday, but still took part in the training session after the game. There’s your problem.
Huh?

Both Mantom and Humphrys were ruled out earlier in the week. We were told by Sol they're still not ready, and he even explained that he wanted to be more gradual about bringing them back into the team because he believes that has lead to players breaking down again. taking part in a gentle training session on the pitch after a match is a world away from being fully recovered and in contention to play.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...mphrys-faces-another-two-three-weeks-injured/

Not sure why they're the route of our issues. If they're injured, or recovering from injury, then that's just football.

It gets harder and harder to follow this lot

And from Dorset it is ****ing hard

Its running SUEPA that keeps me enthused and involved at the moment which has really been such a joy for so many reasons, tho even there with the HOF Eve postponement I'm feeling a bit let down - and after all the effort (over 100 + hours easily), effectively shelved for the time being, not a word from our chairman who maybe has other things on his mind but could have at least picked up the phone for a minute to explain direct which would have gone a long way to easing things. Oh well.

It gets harder and harder to follow this lot

And from Dorset it is ****ing hard

Its running SUEPA that keeps me enthused and involved at the moment which has really been such a joy for so many reasons, tho even there with the HOF Eve postponement I'm feeling a bit let down - and after all the effort (over 100 + hours easily), effectively shelved for the time being, not a word from our chairman who maybe has other things on his mind but could have at least picked up the phone for a minute to explain direct which would have gone a long way to easing things. Oh well.

Great shame.

Well done with all of the work.

Why was it postponed?

Great shame.

Well done with all of the work.

Why was it postponed?

Insufficient ticket sales which meant at the venue we had incurring a loss which the club was not prepared to accept. This kind of event has always sold well in the past but the clubs woeful form has, we feel, put folk off. Ticket prices too need to be looked at. We had a great eve planned, but will go again with it now on 10 July

Huh?

Both Mantom and Humphrys were ruled out earlier in the week. We were told by Sol they're still not ready, and he even explained that he wanted to be more gradual about bringing them back into the team because he believes that has lead to players breaking down again. taking part in a gentle training session on the pitch after a match is a world away from being fully recovered and in contention to play.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...mphrys-faces-another-two-three-weeks-injured/

Not sure why they're the route of our issues. If they're injured, or recovering from injury, then that's just football.

Yeah, I don’t buy the injury story, sorry. Same as I never bought the Ridgewell injury story.

Mantom is rumoured to have previous as a shirker, and as much as I rate Humphrys, I think his heads all over the place.

Campbell even admitted, there are players who aren’t playing at the moment for various reasons. Reading between the lines - which isn’t that difficult - there’s cleary more to it, than just injuries.

But let’s say it’s legit for the sake of argument. Since when do injured squad members take part in post-game sessions?

I’ve seen plenty of injured players sit in the stands at Roots Hall before, never once seen/heard of them changing into training gear, and getting involved in post-game sessions.

Also, I’d have thought that those injured players will already be rehabilitating from Monday-Friday (barring Wednesday, which is the squad’s day off IIRC?) and possibly Sunday aswell, if they’re called in (although I’m assuming the Physio’s would have the final say on that) So it would seem a little excessive, to also get them training after a game, on a Saturday evening.

For real, I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong, but things don’t add up anymore with this club.

But let’s say it’s legit for the sake of argument. Since when do injured squad members take part in post-game sessions?

I’ve seen plenty of injured players sit in the stands at Roots Hall before, never once seen/heard of them changing into training gear, and getting involved in post-game sessions.

Maybe because they are close to being ready to return so using the time post match to have a run out on the actual pitch (hasn't someone said B&L isn't in the greatest condition recently?) - I thought it was good use of time. The subs often have a warm down post match so it's not unusual for players to be out there after a game.

Maybe because they are close to being ready to return so using the time post match to have a run out on the actual pitch (hasn't someone said B&L isn't in the greatest condition recently?) - I thought it was good use of time. The subs often have a warm down post match so it's not unusual for players to be out there after a game.

Have you ever heard of injured players, getting involved in a post-game training session before?

Especially on a freezing cold November evening, out on a pitch that has just been played on.

All for a light run out, when at least one of them is still 2-3 weeks away from contention?

Come on, I’m not having that

Genuinely, I have never heard of that ever happening before. I’m happy to be corrected on that front, but it just doesn’t make any sense.

What does make sense, is players not wanting to be here, not wanting to train & not wanting to play.

Time will tell. If those players are available and included in Tuesdays game v Burton in 10 days time we’ll know if post game training was useful, required or worthwhile....or not.

What you are describing is self-harm.
The NHS state:
Self-harm is when somebody intentionally damages or injures their body. It's usually a way of coping with or expressing overwhelming emotional distress.

This team damage your soul, to find it fascinating is gross masochisiam!?

I did say it was fascinating in a perverse way. Southend United has perverted my soul.......:Smile:

in Sols own words things had "got a bit loose" around the club and his tightening up is a work in progress.

I don't think anyone is allowed to take the p~ss anymore and having them all at the game and doing a bit afterwards shows that at least someone is in charge and calling the shots ..

I spoke to my barber in Leigh this morning and *one of the senior players* pops in there occasionally. Apparently the lads have been moaning about the extra training, Sol is working them much harder .. that's good if you ask me and long overdue. But raises many many questions about what the hell they've been doing since Brown left.

Edited so as not to implicate said player

I spoke to my barber in Leigh this morning and *one of the senior players* pops in there occasionally. Apparently the lads have been moaning about the extra training, Sol is working them much harder .. that's good if you ask me and long overdue. But raises many many questions about what the hell they've been doing since Brown left.

Edited so as not to implicate said player
Says all we need to know about this lot

Funnily enough we did too, although that was a long time ago now, two seasons 1990-1992. Of course it was helped by the rivalry between our manager Roy McDonough and the Wycombe manager Martin O'neill. There was not many ex league clubs in there then so we were regarded as a big scalp! We thought it was the end of the road when we went down following a grim period for our club, but it turned out to be great fun and ended up with a Wembley trip in the FA trophy and a great day out for the travelling 25K plus Colchester fans. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards

Shall I move this to the playing out from the back thread or the route 1 thread?

John White.

Who else has put their body and career on the line for us?

He'd have a better excuse of not remembering that than you!

Shall I move this to the playing out from the back thread or the route 1 thread?

He'd have a better excuse of not remembering that than you!
How the **** did I forget that!

Fair play. He's another one though who this season unfortunately just looks like he can't really be arsed. Body language all wrong. Maybe I'm being harsh after that injury but he just doesn't work anywhere near hard enough IMO

Yeah, I don’t buy the injury story, sorry. Same as I never bought the Ridgewell injury story.

Mantom is rumoured to have previous as a shirker, and as much as I rate Humphrys, I think his heads all over the place.

Campbell even admitted, there are players who aren’t playing at the moment for various reasons. Reading between the lines - which isn’t that difficult - there’s cleary more to it, than just injuries.

Also, I’d have thought that those injured players will already be rehabilitating from Monday-Friday (barring Wednesday, which is the squad’s day off IIRC?) and possibly Sunday aswell, if they’re called in (although I’m assuming the Physio’s would have the final say on that) So it would seem a little excessive, to also get them training after a game, on a Saturday evening.

For real, I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong, but things don’t add up anymore with this club.
I actually think that after a home game is a perfect time for a small training session with the subs and the players returning from injury. Here's why:

- Training is lighter on Friday going into a game
- Players don't train on a Sunday/is a day off

So you basically end up having 2/3 days off which isn't ideal if you're trying to get these players back and up to match fitness as quickly as possible. Also:

- The fitness and coaching staff are at the game
- The players are expected to attend the game

So they're already in place to do some training work. The subs do typically have a warm-down after the game. So it seems to me to make a lot of sense. I don't know if other managers typically do it, I'm not really that fussed, and I think you're reading a bit too much into it. From the photos and what Chris Phillips reported, it didn't seem like a large high-intensity training session, probably just an opportunity for the players to stick some boots on, and get some ball work done on a decent pitch.

I actually think that after a home game is a perfect time for a small training session with the subs and the players returning from injury. Here's why:

- Training is lighter on Friday going into a game
- Players don't train on a Sunday/is a day off

So you basically end up having 2/3 days off which isn't ideal if you're trying to get these players back and up to match fitness as quickly as possible. Also:

- The fitness and coaching staff are at the game
- The players are expected to attend the game

So they're already in place to do some training work. The subs do typically have a warm-down after the game. So it seems to me to make a lot of sense. I don't know if other managers typically do it, I'm not really that fussed, and I think you're reading a bit too much into it. From the photos and what Chris Phillips reported, it didn't seem like a large high-intensity training session, probably just an opportunity for the players to stick some boots on, and get some ball work done on a decent pitch.
I think it's probably this plus Sol making a statement along the lines of you're still getting paid bloody well despite not playing so you aren't sloping off to the bar or home to play FIFA straight after the game, you're part of the group and will act accordingly.

Right now most of our players would rather be doing a half hearted warm down than be in the home dressing room at 17:00

Back