• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm glad Barrett didn't get the job.

Hazey

Director
I was one of the (many) posters who were hoping for the Adam and Tilly management team during the post-Bond wilderness. Now I find myself thanking my lucky stars that it didn't happen.

I feel immensely sorry for Sol Campbell with the situation he finds himself in. I don't know if he's a good manager at this point, but he's doing what he can with what he has. To Sol, we are just another team- I think that's fair to say. For Adam Barrett to have come in at this point and be put into this situation, at a club he loves dearly, would have been painful to see as a fan. I do still think Adam will manage us one day- or at least I hope he does- and I hope that when he does the club finds itself in a healthier place than currently.

I'm just glad he isn't the one fighting the inferno currently blazing around the club! A legend deserves more than that.

Last edited:
Our club is in a state of extreme neglect. Reminds me of Doncaster Rovers back in 97/98. The ground is falling apart and the team finished Saturday's game with four senior professionals on the pitch.

I am also glad Barrett didn't get the job - it would have finished his managerial career before it had started and it would surely have tainted his relationship with the club.

I agree, let a more random, dare I say uncommitted manager see us through these dark days. COYBB

Our club is in a state of extreme neglect. Reminds me of Doncaster Rovers back in 97/98. The ground is falling apart and the team finished Saturday's game with four senior professionals on the pitch.

I am also glad Barrett didn't get the job - it would have finished his managerial career before it had started and it would surely have tainted his relationship with the club.

Roots hall has been neglected for years. Its bordering on a health and safety nightmare.

How many more years does the old girl have left?

The way the club is being run is criminal.

Roots hall has been neglected for years. Its bordering on a health and safety nightmare.

How many more years does the old girl have left?

The way the club is being run is criminal.

I’ve often wondered over the last couple of years, how Roots Hall hasn’t been condemned yet.

Tell you one thing, nevermind the fact that it’s falling apart, I wouldn’t fancy scratching my hand on anything sharp in there.

End up with a tropical disease or some ****.

Sol, is doing a very good job, given the circumstances. The team, has shape and desire and the youngsters are a credit to the Club. The senior players we have left are a credit to themselves. No more throwing the towel in with the first goal conceded.

Milligan at long last is showing that he is a decent player and must a tremendous help to the kids during the games.

We shouldn't forget what Sol achieved as a player and I woiuld imagine the youngsters especially are learning a lot from him.

good players rarely make good managers or so they say, his expereinces may help the lads but lets hope he turns out to be a good coach.

Your right re shape and desire and also on Milligan

And one of those was Elvis!

I seem to remember myself and many others saying if AB came in it could end up like SCP did.
As much as we would all like to see a hero come in and sort things out, it rarely works out that way and they are reliant on the team above them (ie; the board), and as we all know, that's not going too well at the moment either.
Better to be a good coach than a failed and let down manager

I agree. So glad he didn't get the job. I would like to remember him as the legend that he is, rather than the guy that took us back down to Div 2.

I agree. So glad he didn't get the job. I would like to remember him as the legend that he is, rather than the guy that took us back down to Div 2.

At least he would have made an effort to try to win a few games when we actually had some players to choose from.

We Don't Need Another Hero.

I'm Holding Out For A Miracle.
Are doing playlists? How about...

The Kids Are Alright (The Who)
My Generation (The Who)
All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople)
Changes (David Bowie)
Children of the Revolution (T-Rex)
Young Hearts Run Free (Candi Staton)
Alright (Supergrass)
Young Turks (Rod Stewart)
When I Grow Up (Garbage)
Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
School's Out (Alice Cooper)

Though I don't most of our team will be old enough to recognise most of those songs. :Smile2:

Are doing playlists? How about...

The Kids Are Alright (The Who)
My Generation (The Who)
All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople)
Changes (David Bowie)
Children of the Revolution (T-Rex)
Young Hearts Run Free (Candi Staton)
Alright (Supergrass)
Young Turks (Rod Stewart)
When I Grow Up (Garbage)
Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
School's Out (Alice Cooper)

Though I don't most of our team will be old enough to recognise most of those songs. :Smile2:

Just take a look around you, what do you see? Kids with feelings, like you and me. Understand him and, he'll understand you, For you are him and he is you.

If the kids are United then we'll never be divided. If the kids are united then we'll never be divided.

I don't know, I think I kind of disagree a bit. I think he'd have instilled some pride long before now and I think he'd have had an automatic connect with both players and supporters that appears to still be lacking in my eyes.

He'd probably also have accepted that he was planning for League 2 at the start and done so accordingly.

Just take a look around you, what do you see? Kids with feelings, like you and me. Understand him and, he'll understand you, For you are him and he is you.

If the kids are United then we'll never be divided. If the kids are united then we'll never be divided.
I thought of that one about 2 this morning and couldn't believe I'd forgotten it!

So, would you still want AB to be here this season?

Clearly the appointment was a poisoned chalice and anyone’s chances of success were very low given the inherited squad and financial troubles. This would certainly not have been the ideal way to start a career in football management so, for Adam’s sake, sadly the answer is ‘no’.

If the question were ‘Would Adam have done a better job, won us more points, given us a better chance of avoiding relegation and, if we still exist next season, would we be far less likely to plunge into the National League?’ then the answer would be a resounding ‘yes’ for all of the reasons I have previously posted plus plenty more (eg see OBL’s post above).

Back