• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm glad Barrett didn't get the job.

I don't know, I think I kind of disagree a bit. I think he'd have instilled some pride long before now and I think he'd have had an automatic connect with both players and supporters that appears to still be lacking in my eyes.

He'd probably also have accepted that he was planning for League 2 at the start and done so accordingly.

I think Sol Campbell has been slowly changing the culture at Southend, but he is clearly frustrated by the fact that that the Chairman was not able to deliver the support he expected during the transfer window. And given the mess that Sol inherited I think he should given a chance to rebuild the side over the summer. I also believe the Chairman's reluctance to be clear about the restrictions that the club is currently operating under has placed Sol in a difficult situation where he has had to take a lot of public heat for situations he was not responsible for or could control.

Ron Martin fed off Tilsons loyalty and finally destroyed his career ....

Martins incompetence has left Campbell with nothing to work with -

Martin should find a decent buyer and get lost

The reason i didn't want AB to come here was because i really like the guy and knew what would be coming.

Its actually selfish to want him to be here and ruin his career just so that we go done with 10 more points than we will.

The one great thing from this season is we still will see AB in charge one day....Hopefully at FF:Whistling:

Ron Martin fed off Tilsons loyalty and finally destroyed his career ....

Martins incompetence has left Campbell with nothing to work with -

Martin should find a decent buyer and get lost
Did he? Wasn't it getting Lincoln relegated did that?

The reason i didn't want AB to come here was because i really like the guy and knew what would be coming.

Its actually selfish to want him to be here and ruin his career just so that we go done with 10 more points than we will.

The one great thing from this season is we still will see AB in charge one day....Hopefully at FF:Whistling:

You must have kept quiet about that in front of Phil.

Your last paragraph presupposes that there is still a club to be in charge of!

He’s getting it in the summer anyway

Tbh, I don’t know why we persist with threads about how awful this season is, when in reality, we only have 6 months to come up with, and finalise, a new song for AB&T.

It’s no secret that the “Going up with Tilly & Brush” chant, was the driving force behind our earlier success, so it’s essential that we hit the ground running in August with another anthemic song, to kickstart that promotion run.

Instead, we’re sitting here wasting time arguing over Sol Campbell’s interviews & Ron Martin’s Bentley.

Sol hasn't been given a chance by Ron so I think that we should do so. There are some encouraging signs. The players are all committed to the cause now, they appear to be fitter and there are no longer dark rumours of dressing room cliques. Spike Milligan is showing that he is actually a good player, Elvis has blossomed into a senior pro at a junior age, Clifford and Kelman look the real deal and McLaughlin is more like the good player layer that he used to be. If only Sol was more tactically astute....

Did he? Wasn't it getting Lincoln relegated did that?

I spoke with Tilly back in 2009 at a Chelmsford City game (for some reason we did not have a game that Saturday) , he was struggling big time ... Ron was pulling in the horns and he said he had nothing to refresh us with. He was looking at a player who was playing at City (opposition but would not tell me who). To be honest he looked haunted I knew he would be gone in a few months as he was. Managers are human beings, we forget that. He was going through a divorce as well. I'm so please AB has not come near our poison chalice, he's a lovely bloke and deserves to give management a go with a club that is on an even keel. Ron is Machiavellian, Campbell was his choice let them decide our fate together.

I spoke with Tilly back in 2009 at a Chelmsford City game (for some reason we did not have a game that Saturday) , he was struggling big time ... Ron was pulling in the horns and he said he had nothing to refresh us with. He was looking at a player who was playing at City (opposition but would not tell me who). To be honest he looked haunted I knew he would be gone in a few months as he was. Managers are human beings, we forget that. He was going through a divorce as well. I'm so please AB has not come near our poison chalice, he's a lovely bloke and deserves to give management a go with a club that is on an even keel. Ron is Machiavellian, Campbell was his choice let them decide our fate together.

Rubbish, Ron has no interest in Sunderland......Other than when we play them.

Back