• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm going to have another rant about a different sport, this time....

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Women's tennis, or as some of the men on this board calls it "Monkey Tennis".

Sharapova is now on the box, and what does **** me off about watching women's tennis is the screaming that they make when they hit the ball. It never used to be like this. It's like they are being attacked by something/someone.

Is it necessary, girls?!

haha
I was just thinking about starting a thread along those lines..

it's so annoying!

surely they don't even need to do it!

Well personally I can't think of a better reason to post:

sharapovaRex_450x646.jpg

My girlfriend told me that in Israel, the crowd once got so annoyed with the grunting of the female players during a match there that they started joining in. The players in question were not amused!

well due to loyalty to my countryman, im watching roddick- tipsarevic on BBCi and the screaming and groaning is even more disturbing as they dont quite have the same appeal of sharapova

Can't stand the grunting to be honest. Not a massive fan of women's tennis, far too much of the play seems to be down the middle of the court for my liking. Get some of the podgy women running round a bit.

Watched Venus Williams against our last British ladies hope today (her name escapes me but she played very well) and was surprised to hear her/he grunting a bit. Don't ever recall her/he doing that before.

I thing Chris Evert (Lloyd) used to make the odd noise and that was 25+ years ago

I think its something to do with the exertion, in order to hit the balls as hard as they do the women have to exert themselves at a higher level than the men. The extra efort generally comes with a sharp exhalation which invariable results in sound.
The throwering events in Athletics are another example.

It can get a bit tiring though if all they are doing is belting christ out of the ball, but in the same direction and close enough to the opponent so she can do exactly the same. Baseline tennis is rather tedious at times

My girlfriend told me that in Israel, the crowd once got so annoyed with the grunting of the female players during a match there that they started joining in. The players in question were not amused!
haha! :clap:
that would be great!
If they want to grunt etc.. the crowd should be able to join in!

.. brilliant!

If Maria Sharapova screamed like that near me, I'd be a very happy man. :)

:clap: :clap: Just close your eyes and drift away...

On a serious note it does make what is quite a dull sport more annoying. Imagine if footballers groaned everytime they made a pass

:clap: :clap: Just close your eyes and drift away...

On a serious note it does make what is quite a dull sport more annoying. Imagine if footballers groaned everytime they made a pass

It was bad enough the entire West groaning every time King Kev made a pass.

Back