• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pancake

Youth Team
but to say i now believe you have the best possible draw for Wembley and a promotion of your own

You Guys are superb and don't deserve the heartbreak of today.

Go home , Regroup and come back strong next week and so on

I am backing you all the way

I have said this before that Southend gained a place in my heart after the game that wasn't

Please allow me to support you over the coming weeks

Here is to a successful Playoff push

Kel

Cheers Kel and congratulations on promotion. Really hope we're playing you next season but the playoffs are a lottery!

Congratulations on getting the third auto place you lucky, lucky, lucky git. We look forward to abusing you on here in the future.

Shall i tell you how close it was for us throwing it to Wycombe

Adam El-Abd blocked a shot in 90+3mins which was heading for the corner

Just make sure you beat Wycombe in the final

Cheers Kel and congratulations on promotion. Really hope we're playing you next season but the playoffs are a lottery!
At least you have got rid of your main threat in the play offs (Bury).Likewise,we would have rid our main threat had you gone up.Always the best option one of us going up.
Definate will be topping up my now tv with a sky sport week pass for the play offs.

Best of luck in the playoffs Shrimpers, genuinely hope you make it via Wembley, (the thought of Ainsworth, Westley or Sheridan celebrating promotion makes my flesh crawl). Never in a million years thought things would pan out as they did today and had resigned myself to playing Plymouth over two legs but I guess none of you will be booking holidays in Morecambe for the foreseeable future.
I have to say your fans, like Rootshallbloke, showed a lot of class today by coming on our MB to congratulate us, even when in the depths of despair, so soon after what must have been a crushing blow.
I think our Directors showed real class as well today by deciding there would be no promotion celebrations on the pitch after the game thereby rubbing Tranmere noses in it after their relegation. There was a celebration instead when the team returned to Gigg Lane.
Well what a season, roller coaster doesn't begin to describe it, and hopefully we'll lock horns again next season.
All the best.

Best of luck in the playoffs Shrimpers, genuinely hope you make it via Wembley, (the thought of Ainsworth, Westley or Sheridan celebrating promotion makes my flesh crawl). Never in a million years thought things would pan out as they did today and had resigned myself to playing Plymouth over two legs but I guess none of you will be booking holidays in Morecambe for the foreseeable future.
I have to say your fans, like Rootshallbloke, showed a lot of class today by coming on our MB to congratulate us, even when in the depths of despair, so soon after what must have been a crushing blow.
I think our Directors showed real class as well today by deciding there would be no promotion celebrations on the pitch after the game thereby rubbing Tranmere noses in it after their relegation. There was a celebration instead when the team returned to Gigg Lane.
Well what a season, roller coaster doesn't begin to describe it, and hopefully we'll lock horns again next season.
All the best.

Didn't know that. What a touch of class, hats off to everyone who put that in place and to the fans for respecting it.

All the best for next season Shaker. I like you Bury lot, you're a good bunch!

Well done Bury. You deserve promotion over the season, we just had a miraculous run when it all seemed lost eight matches ago - which makes our pain all the worse of course.

Shall i tell you how close it was for us throwing it to Wycombe

Adam El-Abd blocked a shot in 90+3mins which was heading for the corner

Just make sure you beat Wycombe in the final

That would have capped a dreadful day as I don't think any of us wanted you in the play-offs with us!

Many congratulations Pancake (and krambo/Shaker1), you deserve it and good luck in L1. I just hope and pray we can still join you next season.

Come on guys, let's regroup and get behind the lads. We can still do this and what better place than at Wembley!

#COYB

but to say i now believe you have the best possible draw for Wembley and a promotion of your own

I have said this before that Southend gained a place in my heart after the game that wasn't

Kel

Pancake, you have generously given us much needed perspective after the disappointing result at Morecambe.

For some reason, Southend can never beat Morecambe whatever the circumstances although I suspect our team selection had a lot to do with the outcome. And I believe Jake Cassidy is a much underestimated player.

You have got to take your hat off to Jim Bentley. He is young, extremely shrewd and knows to maximise the talent of his players. It is amazing that a bigger club has not yet come in for him.

Meanwhile, I still think we can win the play-offs.

Probably an opportune moment to thank the Bury guys again for their advice and help regarding the match at Gigg Lane.

I wasn't there, but I imagine it helped those that were.

See you in League 1 next season!

Kel
Congratulations on the promotion. I pray to God we will be there with you next season.

Cheers pancake. It is always refreshing to see rivals show civility. Well done Bury and hopefully we will see you in L1!

Thank you both, kind of you to take the time to come over and say those words of encouragement. Fingers crossed we've not rode our share of good luck and good fortune out the window and there's still a bit left to make this Brown's third time lucky season, in a similar way to Tilson's.

All the best.

Have you seen the football league show? I was expecting a sombre affair. There were definitely celebrations (and rightly so). Congratulations

Kind words and shows real class. It looked at one point that Wycombe might be going up which was the worst possible outcome. We've avoided Plymouth too who I think will present more problems than Plymouth. Hopefully we'll meet again next year! 👍

Kind words and shows real class. It looked at one point that Wycombe might be going up which was the worst possible outcome. We've avoided Plymouth too who I think will present more problems than Plymouth. Hopefully we'll meet again next year! 

How many Plymouths play in this league? :smile:

Pancake, you have generously given us much needed perspective after the disappointing result at Morecambe.

For some reason, Southend can never beat Morecambe whatever the circumstances although I suspect our team selection had a lot to do with the outcome. And I believe Jake Cassidy is a much underestimated player.

You have got to take your hat off to Jim Bentley. He is young, extremely shrewd and knows to maximise the talent of his players. It is amazing that a bigger club has not yet come in for him.

Meanwhile, I still think we can win the play-offs.

Here and here! :thumbsup:

Back