• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
I don;t want to get to carried away as our best seasons in teh past 10 years have been when we have gone into a season not expecting too much , but I look at the rebuilding job Sturrock has done and I can't help thinking he has a real good side and Balance going on .

This guy like him or not knows how to get promotion and we have pace going forward , some experience up top and some big lumps included just for the log ball merchants of this division , the team is also fairly hungry from what I can see and look like they want to play for the Manager ..................exciting times ahead this year I hope .

UTB

Im liking what your posting here:thumbsup:
I just hope we dont lose the first game and everyone starts slating all the new signings
(although im sure this will happen, if we lose!)

Completely agree, I'm more excited now then I have been in a long time, and I believe that Sturrock's signings have made it all that more exciting. Buzzing for the new season to start!!!

I think what PS is doing this year with the carefully thought out new signings, who all have some form of decent pedigree, makes what he did last year (i.e. throwing together at no-notice a side of nobodies & players unwanted by anyone else etc, and turing them into a competitive unit) all the more miraculous. I think only now its really sinking in for me that we could so easily have dropped straight out of the league last year with a less experienced & capable manager. :Worthy:

I'm sorry but I'm hoping we lose the first game, as that normally menas we then go onto have a very good season....

very much looking forward to this year . Football is all about emotions , and I am enjoying the thought of being bloody brilliant this year. Yes it may all well go bottoms up, but I for one will enjoy the positive atmosphere for as long as possible.

In fact I might call Ron and ask if he has any more if the 'believe' signs :winking:

Me too, although we are still crying out for some pace up top, could cost us.

Maybe but to be honest I'm not so sure. We have bags of pace on both wings so not much up front is less of a problem than it would otherwise be. Besides Dickinson doesn't look that slow for a big man.

I havnt looked forward to a season so much since since going in to the championship which seems like a lifetime ago. We have the look of a really well balanced squad this year with a huge amount of potential. There's no hiding it looks set to be a tough league this year but I have a lot of faith in sturrock!

I don;t want to get to carried away as our best seasons in teh past 10 years have been when we have gone into a season not expecting too much , but I look at the rebuilding job Sturrock has done and I can't help thinking he has a real good side and Balance going on .

This guy like him or not knows how to get promotion and we have pace going forward , some experience up top and some big lumps included just for the log ball merchants of this division , the team is also fairly hungry from what I can see and look like they want to play for the Manager ..................exciting times ahead this year I hope .

UTB

I too am liking what the wee man is doing (not so wee outwards!). But we must be patient...wise man say 'everything comes to he who waits'. There will be issues, some things won't work as expected and other things will hit us from out of the blue. But I think we have the spirit (key) and players to deal with what's thrown at us and make it a good season. Let's hope so.

definately starting to get a buzz, a can't wait feeling, have even caught myself on the os watching the clock tick down (but then i have problems but the nurse brings my medicine n alls ok) got my tickets, roll on 3.pm august 6th

Trying not to get too excited as we have had so many false dawns over the years but got to say I really feel that this could be a start of the good times. Obviously its all cycles and I am not saying we are going to become world champions but I am hoping that the good times are coming back.

With players like Hally, JJ, Harris, Granty, Sawyer there are players I really look forward to watching.

If my source is correct then we should be seeing a good crowd at the Hereford game, the West stand is nearly sold out apparently. Can't confirm it of course, but if it is then that's a good signing of the optimism surrounding the place.

I hope your source is correct Shrimper - that would be great. Normally though August and early Sept attendances are not up to scratch as holidays have a big effect. Really hope we start getting 6/7000 figures regularly with 'sell outs' for big games. This in itself gives the players a big lift. Roll on next Saturday - cant wait.

I hope your source is correct Shrimper - that would be great. Normally though August and early Sept attendances are not up to scratch as holidays have a big effect. Really hope we start getting 6/7000 figures regularly with 'sell outs' for big games. This in itself gives the players a big lift. Roll on next Saturday - cant wait.

Is there such a thing as a big game in league 2? That said roots hall current capacity attendance record was set in league two against yeovil with 11,700 piling in. Bizzarre that we have welcomed both man utd and chelsea and neither of those yielded a bigger gate.

I reckon around 6500 for the opener with an average of 6500-7500 as we close in on promotion

It would be great to get back to regular 8k+ but it will take time.

Back