• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Chris Powell. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Chris Powell are you?

• Total voters

Interesting, and very surprised it's not much higher given the injuries and justifications we often assume here that Powell is forced to turn to youngsters.

Suppose we may be an odd case as we have a lot of very young/inexperienced players (Bishop, Elvis, Dru, Kelman, etc.) but next to no-one who is 21-22 with a few years of first team football under their belts.

Now looking like CPs claim about having to play youngsters is balls as well!!!

Goes back to my argument that I don't think he's managed our youngsters well at all.

Interesting, and very surprised it's not much higher given the injuries and justifications we often assume here that Powell is forced to turn to youngsters.

Suppose we may be an odd case as we have a lot of very young/inexperienced players (Bishop, Elvis, Dru, Kelman, etc.) but next to no-one who is 21-22 with a few years of first team football under their belts.

Yes, if you looked at the number of u21s played I expect it would be a very different story but because of the short-termism of the previous regime we have nobody in that category and instead are using 17-19 year olds with some 20 year olds who lack first team experience.

It would also be interesting to see those L1 figures broken down to see how many are loanees being developed for another club (like Taylor Moore and Sam Hart, who'll make up probably a third of our minutes) as opposed to youngsters on permanent deals.

It's worrying for English football that we've given more time to u23s than all but Leicester in the Prem.

Safe to assume, and fairly obvious to most I would think that Rigsby was joking. Relax and as you were.
Probably safe to assume and fairly obvious to most that Powell isn’t a good manager but here we are. I’ll take loss on that one

Probably safe to assume and fairly obvious to most that Powell isn’t a good manager but here we are. I’ll take loss on that one

Don't worry no offence taken, my fault for forgetting some of you youths missed out on Python.

Back