• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
Je, though yesterday wasn't great, we're only 2 games into the season!!!

He was running out of time before the Sunderland game?? Give it 10 games for Christ sake

Couple of things.

1. You are a tad aggressive. You might need a nap.

2. Yes he was running out if time as he isn't the right man for the job and shouldn't have been appointed. in my opinion.

Just to remind you all, I called powell running out of time in September of last year:

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/im-losing-faith-in-chris-powell-are-you.97325/

What say you shrimperzone?
I don’t think we need the go away comments, but it does seem a bit early to be going in on Bond don’t you think Matty? If it’s based on your opinion that he shouldn’t have been appointed, then it’s more a case of never having faith in him than losing faith in him, no?

I don’t think we need the go away comments, but it does seem a bit early to be going in on Bond don’t you think Matty? If it’s based on your opinion that he shouldn’t have been appointed, then it’s more a case if never having faith in him than losing faith in him, no?

Sunderland at home was a wonderful thing. But with that exception, can you hand on heart say that 2 games in he looks like he knows what he's doing?

If Sunderland earnt him some faith, yesterday eroded it.

You didn't call CP out until September @Pale Blue Dot and yet Bond gets the treatment in August. As Hank says, just a bit early in my opinion. I'll probably have another look in September to see what the poll says, especially as we can sign players up till the end of August.

Couple of things.

1. You are a tad aggressive. You might need a nap.

2. Yes he was running out if time as he isn't the right man for the job and shouldn't have been appointed. in my opinion.
Not aggressive at all mate just give it 10 games yea

I don’t think we need the go away comments, but it does seem a bit early to be going in on Bond don’t you think Matty? If it’s based on your opinion that he shouldn’t have been appointed, then it’s more a case of never having faith in him than losing faith in him, no?
Why what’s wrong with go away it’s the last thing we need to be discussing after 2 games

Why what’s wrong with go away it’s the last thing we need to be discussing after 2 games
You're correct, but if all Zoners just tell the other posters they don't agree with to go away, it's not gonna be a great season for discussion is it?

Must admit never had faith in him from the get go.
In his 8 league games in charge 3 of them have been as bad as I’ve seen in my 21 years of following Southend home and away.

Can’t accept the idea that Coventry are a good team they are as woeful as Kevin Bonds tactics; 2 weeks in a row it’s hit 2pm and the pub has fallen into despair about our starting line up, its bleedingly obvious our players aren’t capable of playing it from the back Guardiola style.

It’s bleedingly obvious we’re lacking width. Signing two/three wingers should have been priority number 1 in the summer. Granted Nduku has now been signed, but still leaves us with just two wide options and macca been consistently poor for quite a while now.

Pretty sure that first half we were playing 6112. Mantom seems to be made this years scapegoat incredibly unfair imo. Not many players can run a midfield from right to left on their own.

Hutchinson isn’t ready despite growing into the game and should probably be benefitting from a loan at a conference team. To play in a relegation battle at this level is a tough ask for a young lad week in week out

Positives - Milligan is composed and tidy, but think he’s standing out a bit because we’re a shower of ****. Ralph was good at Cov. Cox and Humphrys will score given service. Lennon started the season quite well. Dimi is back soonish. Hutchinson and Kelman look good for the future

You didn't call CP out until September @Pale Blue Dot and yet Bond gets the treatment in August. As Hank says, just a bit early in my opinion. I'll probably have another look in September to see what the poll says, especially as we can sign players up till the end of August.

Sorry I don't get your point. I was right then and I'm allowed to think I'm right now.

Not aggressive at all mate just give it 10 games yea

Mate. Lol. He's had 8 games. If we lose the next 2 am I allowed an opinion then?

Must admit never had faith in him from the get go.
In his 8 league games in charge 3 of them have been as bad as I’ve seen in my 21 years of following Southend home and away.

Can’t accept the idea that Coventry are a good team they are as woeful as Kevin Bonds tactics; 2 weeks in a row it’s hit 2pm and the pub has fallen into despair about our starting line up, its bleedingly obvious our players aren’t capable of playing it from the back Guardiola style.

It’s bleedingly obvious we’re lacking width. Signing two/three wingers should have been priority number 1 in the summer. Granted Nduku has now been signed, but still leaves us with just two wide options and macca been consistently poor for quite a while now.

Pretty sure that first half we were playing 6112. Mantom seems to be made this years scapegoat incredibly unfair imo. Not many players can run a midfield from right to left on their own.

Hutchinson isn’t ready despite growing into the game and should probably be benefitting from a loan at a conference team. To play in a relegation battle at this level is a tough ask for a young lad week in week out

Positives - Milligan is composed and tidy, but think he’s standing out a bit because we’re a shower of ****. Ralph was good at Cov. Cox and Humphrys will score given service. Lennon started the season quite well. Dimi is back soonish. Hutchinson and Kerman look good for the future

Good point well made.

Sorry I don't get your point. I was right then and I'm allowed to think I'm right now.

My point was that I think you are early in your opinion and as you included Chris Powell I used that timing comparison in my reply. Of course you're allowed your opinion and post it whenever you think fit. By the same token I'm entitled to voice my view.

I have faith in him
As said before we are only 2 games in
We always for some reason do better in the second half
Last week at Coventry/Birmingham we played ****e in the first half, but were a dam site better in the second.
We still have new players that need to gell with each other yet.
I'm going for top 6 by the end of the season.

I am losing faith in some of our so called supporters who seem to have the ability to lose faith in someone, be that the manager or the goalkeeper, after just two games of a new season.

Back