• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
weird stuff cos I was certain Powell would have kept us up and moved things on again this season...

no real reason to think sacking Powell changed anything except keeping the Roots Hall moaners quiet for a week or so .

as for Bond he will get sacked sooner or later - even if we win the champions league - so I guess the OP is right about that

It's been two matches for god's sake, it's far too early to be calling for his head.

Must admit I never had a great deal of faith in him to start with and thought he was a very strange appointment. For me he has not helped himself with some strange team selections and less than help post match comments. Our record under him is poor and we only stayed up by the skin of our teeth to get him the job.

To be fair on the plus side I think he may have done better than we have done of late with our signings so would like to see how we are doing in a another ten games or so before being too negative. I am not normally one for chopping and changing managers but feel I may be loosing faith far sooner than normal in Bond's case.

so a quick question....during pre-season we played 4-3-3...….and 3-5-2.and of course our old favourite..…...4-4-2

so should we have just stuck to one game plan...of course we should...….but I don't understand why players are unable to adapt to a different way of playing, these are paid professional players who should be able to adapt to a formation placed in front of them....they have training everyday to get this sorted yet they turn up at a game playing like they have never even trained together...……….I for one have to be adaptable in my job and I have to get on with it and work with the demands of my Management ……..but yet as players this doesn't seem to be the case...……..maybe there are question marks on all sides of this set up at the moment...……..sadly the ones suffering the most as usual is the supporters

Unlike Powell, Bond did not start with a huge credit balance of goodwill inthe bank, and given he had no previous connection with the club, his chequered career as a coach and limited experience as a manager that is understandable. It's also fair to say he is not an engaging or fluent communicator in his dealings with the media. We only just survived last season thanks to Humphry's goal and whether Bond should take credit for the great escape is debatable.
However, whilst I personally do not have faith in him it seems only fair that he has maybe half a dozen games to get a better idea of where we are headed. If we are still struggling then action will need to be taken while the season is still young..

I despair with some of the stuff that gets posted. KB has had 2, just TWO, games with what is still just half of his team, and lots of players from the previous regimes.
Judge him after the winter transfer window.
And while I am giving an opinion, Ox is not a world beater gk, no news there but neither is he deserving of some of the stuff put on SZ and FB. Same goes for anyone in our current squad; where I don't see a bunch of lazy loafers that some seem to.
And give Ron his due, he does try to back his managers and he does seem to recognise the ethics and basic principles of honouring a contract..
An example some supporters would do well to try to adopt.

It’s not just bond that w
I despair with some of the stuff that gets posted. KB has had 2, just TWO, games with what is still just half of his team, and lots of players from the previous regimes.
Judge him after the winter transfer window.
And while I am giving an opinion, Ox is not a world beater gk, no news there but neither is he deserving of some of the stuff put on SZ and FB. Same goes for anyone in our current squad; where I don't see a bunch of lazy loafers that some seem to.
And give Ron his due, he does try to back his managers and he does seem to recognise the ethics and basic principles of honouring a contract..
An example some supporters would do well to try to adopt.
exactly this

Well I would like him to treat the media and players with respect. Thought he was a total embarassment to both himself and the Club yesterday. Both before and after the game.

It might only be 2 games but in those 2 we've looked clueless. A lot of work in all departments to be done. We seems miles behind everyone else I've seen.

Anyone who went to Rochdale last season, when we desperately needed a win, will be concerned that the team selections and tactics are baffling and unsuccessful again this season.

It’s not just these two games that people are concerned about.

The majority of three of the last four games bear comparison with the worst we have seen in the last fifty years.

Of course he deserves more time but he needs to wise up quickly.

Dear God, we haven’t even gone beyond August. Can you imagine if some of our supporters became chairman?

If he does make a mess of the next 10 games at least we have an improved squad if he was to go. I'm not worried yet. Fortunately i was on summer holiday for the Blackpool game but i did see the Coventry game. We were woeful in the first 45 and much improved in the next 45. I expect it will be another slow start but we will begin to pick up points. What worries me most though is the dreadful home form again. We must improve at home..

For me something just doesn’t sit right. I don’t care if it’s 2 games or 20 to slate players publicly usually means there’s a high degree of anxiety and unrest in the camp. He’s had plenty of time learning under Harry how to deal with players and press, he’s either really slow to learn or just out of his depth. He needs to sort things with our best 2 players or he will be gone very quickly. Ron isn’t stupid and I’m sure communicates with the senior players.

We're only two games in and over 40% want Bond gone already?! And I thought I was 'glass half empty'.
Not sure that 'losing faith' equates to wanting him gone right now, more of an expression of concern over his tactics, team selection and ability to succeed.

Not sure that 'losing faith' equates to wanting him gone right now, more of an expression of concern over his tactics, team selection and ability to succeed.

Excuse me. Dont let facts get in the way of this thread.

Before yesterday's interviews I would have dismissed that view Sheldon, but I must agree, this early in the season and to be as edgy and spiky as Mr Bond was yesterday when facing BBC Essex, who, it has to be said are very sympathetic to managers of the two main teams in the county when they interview them on match days, I now empathise with your view.

Towards the end of CP's reign as manager you could hear the despair, disappointment and frustration in the tone of his interviews, but he would always try and stay positive on what needed to be done and how he saw the way to turn things around. And that was well into a poor run of games, not after getting out of jail on a massive game, whilst on a short term contract and winning a 2 year deal, now being 2 games into a new season with an opportinity to push on with your own team and tactics.

The one thing CP didn't do was have a go at the players in public. I can't see that being motivational! If I was Coxie or Humphreys, I would go straight back at Bond asking him to watch the video of all the chances that had been created or lack or them, mores the point!! (Would have probably earnt me a spell in the reserves lol), but my point is, he has probably created an opportunity for conflict in the squad rather than harmony.

So, we might only be 2 games in, but the atmosphere doesn't seem to be effervescing with upbeat ideas and positivity from Mr Bond. That has to be a concern. It'll be interesting to see how the pre match interview goes on Tuesday, for me he has to make it and not pass the buck to his back room staff, but this conjecture and speculation is all of Mr Bond's own making.

Back