• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
OK, I am out of patience with him, Please , please , please Ron put him out of his misery.

A full back as a winger, I don't care what level he got them, but a player with 70+ goals stuck on the wing and a winger on the bench and another new formation.

Another blank up top, and side only has to have an incisive 2 minute spell to beat us. It's pathetic!

The guy is out of his depth in management, go back and find a manger to work with a be a number two, but manager you aint Mr Bond!!!!

Ok I thought bond was a poor appointment from day one but here we are.
Lots want him out...fair enough.
The eternal question is however the same who realistically would we replace him with. There would be a shed load of applicants as there is with any managerial vacancy...but realistically who.should we get in.

Never liked changing Gaffers at a drop of an hat,but Bondy baby you are making me very worried,i don't think your licence to thrill is working,time for you to be pushed in to the shark invested pool.

Ok I thought bond was a poor appointment from day one but here we are.
Lots want him out...fair enough.
The eternal question is however the same who realistically would we replace him with. There would be a shed load of applicants as there is with any managerial vacancy...but realistically who.should we get in.

Barrett

I’m not saying that this would necessarily be bad or good. But you’ve got to have the aim to give 10 games at least to new managers.

But the big point here is, why is everyone’s new manager selection policy always an ex player or somebody famous... I’m not saying this is you mate but it’s like people only know the names of ex players and famous players. With no understanding. Or am I being harsh?

I think that’s what little faith I had gone now.

Look, there’s a reason Bond has managed a combined total of 4 years in his 30-year post-playing career. It’s because he’s not a manager. He’s a good technical coach and has made a good career of coaching players at the top level. But his ideals are not suited to the League 1 footballer.

Paul Clarke put it perfectly on the radio last night. It’s an admirable philosophy but one which simply doesn’t work with his personnel. The qualities and technical attributes that you need in each position to play the way he wants to play are qualities and attributes which very, very few of our players possess. That even goes for most of the players he has signed, which I find even more bizarre. Good players in my eyes but largely-speaking, I don’t think he has gone out to acquire players who will fit into his system. He’s just got in what he can and tried to shoehorn them into his system. And these guys are not Premier League footballers, with good reason with all due respect, so they can’t be coached and moulded in the way that he’s used to with players at the top level. So everybody saying “it will come good, it will click in the end” are going on a wing and a prayer, because there is nothing I’m seeing which suggests that these players will ever settle in this system and with their instructions. So how long do we wait? If he is dead-set on playing this way then he should hold off on doing so until he has acquired the right kind of players for it. Until then, keep it simple and play a system and style which suits the players that you have and plays to their strengths. What he’s doing at the moment is accentuating the weaknesses of many of them, and Bond’s idealist view of coaching those weaknesses out of them doesn’t hold water with most players at this level. Time to be pragmatic instead. If he’s going to be pig-headed and continue to pursue this then I think we’ll have to accept that relegation is likely this season.

He’s out of his depth and needs to be put out of his misery before we fall even further behind. We missed the boat after Powell left - there were some good, young, dynamic managers available. I know that Darrell Clarke and Paul Hurst applied and I can’t get my head around why they were overlooked in favour of Bond. I do think Adam Barrett would be back in a flash and at the moment his passion for the club, his man management skills and his motivational skills are exactly what we need. After listening to what he has to say after our matches for the last couple of years, I wouldn’t say no to Paul Clark being involved either - I like the way he sees the game and he speaks an awful lot of sense.

I’m not saying that this would necessarily be bad or good. But you’ve got to have the aim to give 10 games at least to new managers.

But the big point here is, why is everyone’s new manager selection policy always an ex player or somebody famous... I’m not saying this is you mate but it’s like people only know the names of ex players and famous players. With no understanding. Or am I being harsh?

I just think there’s so little out there. Even when Powell went, the bookies list was so uninspiring

The home form is abysmal. Crowds will decline. I know Barrett is inexperienced but so is Frank Lampard

I don’t just keep saying “Barrett” for next manager to be an arse. I do genuinely believe he will be our next manager. That could be next month or that could be in 2022 after Bond miraculously turns this around but I truly believe AB is next

I think that’s what little faith I had gone now.

Look, there’s a reason Bond has managed a combined total of 4 years in his 30-year post-playing career. It’s because he’s not a manager. He’s a good technical coach and has made a good career of coaching players at the top level. But his ideals are not suited to the League 1 footballer.

Paul Clarke put it perfectly on the radio last night. It’s an admirable philosophy but one which simply doesn’t work with his personnel. The qualities and technical attributes that you need in each position to play the way he wants to play are qualities and attributes which very, very few of our players possess. That even goes for most of the players he has signed, which I find even more bizarre. Good players in my eyes but largely-speaking, I don’t think he has gone out to acquire players who will fit into his system. He’s just got in what he can and tried to shoehorn them into his system. And these guys are not Premier League footballers, with good reason with all due respect, so they can’t be coached and moulded in the way that he’s used to with players at the top level. So everybody saying “it will come good, it will click in the end” are going on a wing and a prayer, because there is nothing I’m seeing which suggests that these players will ever settle in this system and with their instructions. So how long do we wait? If he is dead-set on playing this way then he should hold off on doing so until he has acquired the right kind of players for it. Until then, keep it simple and play a system and style which suits the players that you have and plays to their strengths. What he’s doing at the moment is accentuating the weaknesses of many of them, and Bond’s idealist view of coaching those weaknesses out of them doesn’t hold water with most players at this level. Time to be pragmatic instead. If he’s going to be pig-headed and continue to pursue this then I think we’ll have to accept that relegation is likely this season.

He’s out of his depth and needs to be put out of his misery before we fall even further behind. We missed the boat after Powell left - there were some good, young, dynamic managers available. I know that Darrell Clarke and Paul Hurst applied and I can’t get my head around why they were overlooked in favour of Bond. I do think Adam Barrett would be back in a flash and at the moment his passion for the club, his man management skills and his motivational skills are exactly what we need. After listening to what he has to say after our matches for the last couple of years, I wouldn’t say no to Paul Clark being involved either - I like the way he sees the game and he speaks an awful lot of sense.

yes, Paul Clarke was spot-on on BBC Essex after the game, couldn't agree more with this post.

Yes Paul Clarke always talks sense on the radio but has no more chance of becoming our manager than Nick Alliker.

AB would be a good one. If we really put our minds to it we could spoil another club legend. That would be two in less than a year.

Your first job as a manger is the most important. Hope AB sees sense and doesn't waste that chance with us. I like the fact he can still come here with his family and enjoy it.....Sadly that can never happen for CP ever again.

Who ever it is they won't heal up Humphrys face. Hopper has along slog a head and we will be lucky to see anywhere near his best until the new year. Cox has never been a good forward for others to play alongside and us fans will go out of our way to make sure Theo fails.

As for the team cant pass.....I thought that was the whole idea of football......After all we booooooed the team of last season for hoofing. ....Maybe Cox has grown 6 inches this summer and it might work.

Back