• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
Wasn’t he someone that RM was interested in previously?

Most of them i answered myself but I did report one person who sent several and wouldn't stop... Ricey dealt with it swiftly and they have never contacted me since.

I was actually following on from your recent thread, not saying who is right or wrong.

Things will get a lot worse on here before they get better and I for one don't want to see the same points of 3 different threads. I was going to post on the post match thread but it was soon hi-jacked.

As from today I may also have a conflict of interest, so i will take a back seat for a while.
You’ve been approached to be the new manager ? You and grapevine as your assistant? (although this number 2 role at Southend maybe alittle below Mr Football himself)

Worked a miracle? He kept them up in the exact same circumstances everyone seems to think KB did with Southend....there just happened to be a worse team!!!

Honestly I despair

He did work a miracle, and under much different circumstances to KB. Macclesfield were 7 points adrift when he took over. Where was Southend when KB took over? The players were getting paid late, and then not at all. It's now reported the Sol Campbell wasn't paid the last 4 months. A lot of players would have downed tools, maybe some did. So he had a much harder job than KB.

He did work a miracle, and under much different circumstances to KB. Macclesfield were 7 points adrift when he took over. Where was Southend when KB took over? The players were getting paid late, and then not at all. It's now reported the Sol Campbell wasn't paid the last 4 months. A lot of players would have downed tools, maybe some did. So he had a much harder job than KB.

He took over in November!!

We can paint the picture we want....He took 31 points from 25 league games!!!! KB took 8 from 6?

I make that a better points per game ratio....?‍♂️

Again, I’m not saying he did a bad job....I questioned the miracle and likened it to the escape Southend made which was ultimately mainly due to other teams inadequacy rather than their own brilliance.

Get a grip

Back