• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
I didn't have faith in him last season and I didn't want him to get the job full time. That said, you've got to give him until October at least before you judge. It is way to early at the moment. If after, say, 10 games, we've only got 12 or fewer points, then he'll be under pressure. We had;

13 points after 10 games in 2018/19 and the same in 17/18.

11 in 16/17 and 15 in 15/16

We're only two games in and over 40% want Bond gone already?! And I thought I was 'glass half empty'.

There is definitely a feeling of the knives being sharpened already for Bond. Brown wasn't the most popular and after he delivered promotion it seemed as though there was a hesitance to give him too much stick on match day. Powell never got any either because of his association with the club and, well, he's a lovely fella. Bond, I do feel if things go wrong and results prove hard to come by then the crowd will not hesitate to get on his back. Judging by the social media reaction, it may come much sooner rather than later.

Hopefully come Sept, we will have sorted out our best formation & the players to use for it, then onwards & upwards.
If not, then could Ron afford to offload KB & pay him up?. Doubt we're talking 'loose change' here, & as we know money isn't exactly brimming at the Club?.

Havn't lost total faith in KB, I'm sure RM will give him a few more games.
I really don't like a 3-5-2 set up anyway, sorry but he doesn't inspire me with his lackluster comments after the game.
Knee jerk reaction well that's just me.
Would like of him to say getting this lot to training on Sunday morning for a frank talk with all players , expressing their views as being 3 down at HT not acceptable. Time will tell if we have a good enough team, and perhaps some sort of cup run in us would be nice.

If he does make a mess of the next 10 games at least we have an improved squad if he was to go. I'm not worried yet. Fortunately i was on summer holiday for the Blackpool game but i did see the Coventry game. We were woeful in the first 45 and much improved in the next 45. I expect it will be another slow start but we will begin to pick up points. What worries me most though is the dreadful home form again. We must improve at home..

:Off Topic: How did you like La Paillade,btw?

Just to remind you all, I called powell running out of time in September of last year:
What say you shrimperzone?

So you took a punt on a 50/50 situation? Getting it right in September is a guess and fortunately, for you, your wish came true.

Any manager should be given at least ten games before he is under too much fire. I would rather things were wrong at this stage of the season than later. We have time to turn things around.

I admit that I am less than excited by KB's time with us and was dismayed to hear his last after match interview but he still has my backing to try and make things right. Maybe in December I might be calling for his head or maybe I will be pleasantly surprised by an upturn in our fortunes. Time will tell and KB at least deserves time.

I am losing faith in some of our so called supporters who seem to have the ability to lose faith in someone, be that the manager or the goalkeeper, after just two games of a new season.

I entirely agree with you about the manager but I am less sure about the goalkeeper comment. The Ox has looked 'shaky' for some time. Bishop, in my mind, is a good prospect. He will make mistakes at this stage of his career and playing will help him to improve. Oxley should not be making the mistakes he does at the stage he is at in his career. He is a good keeper but, and whether its just confidence, he ain't doing the business.

If we play 532 every week. It’s a yes. If we revert back to 442 to make the most of the strikers then it’s good bye bond

So if Bond has been wrong in his team selections.

Well now you have actually seen SH play. Then who will be man enough to admit on here that not starting with Humphrys at Cov was the correct decision.....Not debatable 100% correct.

Whilst your all forensically analysing Bonds interview. Why don't you ask your self what Cox really means when he said it felt like last season. The look on on faces of one young family in the East said it all.......That's because on the shirt of one of them it said Daddy.

We had the worst home record in L1 last year with 2 games left at home. We got six points which is the only reason we can moan why any young player on full debut isn't good enough for L1 .......Two weeks running.

I don't do polls but I'll guess they haven't changed. The same people who didn't want Bond here in the first place won't want him after 2 games.

I was rather hoping after all the good that came from the Sunderland game. We the fans might realise we could make a difference if you actually are a supporter.....There's a clue in the name.

Sadly it would seem more people would rather be the first to slag Oxley than spot the clear foul in the first place. No wonder Humphrys went quiet after he gets a sneaky and sinister elbow in the face. They get away with it because they had quickly worked out at RH you can.

Even the clear red on Elvis ends up a 50/50 with the ref because the home fans had to be dragged to their feet to protest. Still on the plus side the targeting of Elvis by Blackpool fans makes a welcome change than when our own fans target him......I'm told at last there is an investigation under way about the Millwall game, including the police.

Last edited:
I watched Kevin during the game, he seemed almost unengaged? His posture was very passive, barely got animated at all even after Oxley's **** up. I wonder at 61 if he really has got fire in the belly for this sort of fight?? Yes the wind played a huge part in the standard of football, but Blackpool were a league above us at least. Lennon was trying to spray 40 yard passes into a howling gale, twice he hit the same cross field pass to Blackpool's midfield who just lapped it up, KB did not even shake his head. What ever our game plan was it did not exist after ten minutes. the whole team looked like strangers. If KB is still with us come May I'll be very surprised.

Bond on his interviews does not seem the most comfortable or come across too great but too early to judge Bond.He kept us up last season when we were in a precarious position and deserves some time.Fingers crossed we start picking up points on Saturday at Lincoln which will be a very tough game

. Ron isn’t stupid and I’m sure communicates with the senior players.

I wouldn't trust a player who was telling tales to the chairman 2 games into a season. Nor do we want a chairman that would listen.

When Sunderland players boasted how they went to their Chairman over Di Canio..... The leader and spokes person was none other than
that pillar of the community Adam Johnson

I watched Kevin during the game, he seemed almost unengaged? His posture was very passive, barely got animated at all even after Oxley's **** up. I wonder at 61 if he really has got fire in the belly for this sort of fight?? Yes the wind played a huge part in the standard of football, but Blackpool were a league above us at least. Lennon was trying to spray 40 yard passes into a howling gale, twice he hit the same cross field pass to Blackpool's midfield who just lapped it up, KB did not even shake his head. What ever our game plan was it did not exist after ten minutes. the whole team looked like strangers. If KB is still with us come May I'll be very surprised.

What do you want him to do? Jump up and down waving his arms around like a demented lunatic calling a grown man a ****? How does that help?

The same people that think he’s bang out of order for criticising players in a press conference think it’s ok to publicly act like a lunatic slaying his players live in front of a full house?

Oxley made a mistake. Some poor goalkeeping. I know it, you know it, KB knew it, 6000 people knew it and Oxley himself knew it!! What’s the point of shouting and screaming about it when he wouldn’t hear you anyway?

If you made a monumental error (and let’s be honest we’ve all made them!) at work that you and everyone else knew you’d made how would you feel about your boss standing in front of you calling you a wan**r in front of everyone? Or would you have more respect for him if he quietly walked away and left you to try and put it right ?

This obsession we have with needing to jump around on the sideline drives me mad!! He didn’t show any emotion when we beat Sunderland either but I don’t remember people questioning whether he’d done his job well that day.

Oh despair- after 2 games... really..
As we know Ron gives people plenty of time and will with KB irrespective of the number of Corporate Jones' there are amongst us fans.

So if Bond has been wrong in his team selections.

Well now you have actually seen SH play. Then who will be man enough to admit on here that not starting with Humphrys at Cov was the correct decision.....Not debatable 100% correct.

Whilst your all forensically analysing Bonds interview. Why don't you ask your self what Cox really means when he said it felt like last season. The look on on faces of one young family in the East said it all.......That's because on the shirt of one of them it said Daddy.

We had the worst home record in L1 last year with 2 games left at home. We got six points which is the only reason we can moan why any young player on full debut isn't good enough for L1 .......Two weeks running.

I don't do polls but I'll guess they haven't changed. The same people who didn't want Bond here in the first place won't want him after 2 games.

I was rather hoping after all the good that came from the Sunderland game. We the fans might realise we could make a difference if you actually are a supporter.....There's a clue in the name.

Sadly it would seem more people would rather be the first to slag Oxley than spot the clear foul in the first place. No wonder Humphrys went quiet after he gets a and sneaky and sinister elbow in the face. They get away with it because they had quickly worked out at RH you can.

Even the clear red on Elvis ends up a 50/50 with the ref because the home fans had to be dragged to their feet to protest. Still on the plus side the targeting of Elvis by Blackpool fans makes a welcome change than when our own fans target him......I'm told at last there is an investigation under way about the Millwall game, including the police.

Good post mate, but I just wanted to pick up on the point in bold, and challenge it slightly.

That first 45 minutes on Saturday was the worst half of football I’ve seen at Roots Hall, for over 15 years - and that includes relegation seasons.

I believe in any other season, the start we’ve made so far, wouldn’t have necessarily been reason to panic. We would have accepted that it’s a new manager (sort of), a new set of players & everything needs time to bed in.

However, coming off the back of that debacle last season, a run of underwhelming performances and shipping goals in pre-season, has continued into our first two League games.

As a result, some people are - rightly - concerned.

Now, I don’t necessarily think it’s panic stations just yet, but I understand the precarious situation we’re in.

So I’ll remain supportive, and all I ask in return, is that Bond & those players who pull on the shirt, give me something to remain supportive of.

Back