• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
Its painful for those poor fans who just haven't been able to function for weeks now.....All because of Bond. The prolonged agony must be terrible to have to suffer. Has Ron not got an ounce of humanity in him?

I really do feel for you all. The sadness in peoples lives is now worrying me. I really can't read anymore.

Its painful for those poor fans who just haven't been able to function for weeks now.....All because of Bond. The prolonged agony must be terrible to have to suffer. Has Ron not got an ounce of humanity in him?

I really do feel for you all. The sadness in peoples lives is now worrying me. I really can't read anymore.
Sod off then

I have regained my faith in Bond! He is the messiah of Roots Hall and will rise from the dead. He will lead us to the promised land of Championship football have faith fellow Shrimpers! Amen

You are the one supposedly in the know so perhaps you can let us mere mortals what is going on behind the scenes, and then we can all get on with our sad little lives.

I posted a win percentage table a week or so ago to show that the only permanent manager with a worse record than Bond was Dick Bate. I've updated it now to include the last couple of defeats. I've also included an extra column now to show points percentage, ascribing 3 points for a win and a point for a draw (including cup games). This shows that using this method Bond's record is even WORSE than Dick Bate's!

I don't think we needed any more proof, but in case anyone was wavering.....

Screenshot 2019-09-06 at 10.16.04.png

Can someone send this to Ron Martin please? (Or give me his e-mail address and I'll do it!)

Sacking a manager might be the easy bit. Finding the right replacement could be tricky. We can’t afford another mistake.

We have a cinema in the town centre, very close to a number of restaurants.It doesn't get full
very often ?

I posted a win percentage table a week or so ago to show that the only permanent manager with a worse record than Bond was Dick Bate. I've updated it now to include the last couple of defeats. I've also included an extra column now to show points percentage, ascribing 3 points for a win and a point for a draw (including cup games). This shows that using this method Bond's record is even WORSE than Dick Bate's!

I don't think we needed any more proof, but in case anyone was wavering.....

View attachment 8918

Can someone send this to Ron Martin please? (Or give me his e-mail address and I'll do it!)

Sturrock the best on there

So he managed a League 2 club.....with League 2 players......and has a better win % than many League 2 managers have. Just after helping to pick the club up off its knees, no less.

All relative ain’t it?

I'm not dismissing him at all, and I accept we owe him a debt of gratitude for keeping us going but better than Tilson? I think not.

Anyway, what's this got to do with Bond?

You forgot to put 'and players' after poor fans

What I like about Ron is that he isn't an itchy trigger finger chairman. Unfortunately, in my view, his appointments have turned out to be poor despite on paper having some credibility. It is still commendable that he does not get rid on the back of our voices or a small patch of form, he gives managers time. Remember Sir Alex Ferguson?

Tilsons figures destroyed by a relegation resulting from the players not being paid for 6 months and having to persuade them to keep risking their plying careers for the sake of the club/RM

I reckon Tilson can sniff out a bogus less 100% trier player and spot a talent and could keep this
club together for the season - probably do a lot better than that -

the issue is would he want the stress and heartache again ?

Back