• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond. Are you?

I'm losing faith in Kevin Bond - Are you?

• Total voters
Looks like Charlie Kelman understands him even if you don't

I'm glad for Charlie but if you have a look at the iFollow interview with our coaching team you'll see what I mean.

Edit having just seen the extended match highlights on iFollow I don't think any case can be made for coaching having any part in Kelman's goals.

Last edited:
Just because you are right once Pale Blue Dot, doesn’t make you a hero or have the potential to be right again. Come back after 10 games.

I'm glad for Charlie but if you have a look at the iFollow interview with our coaching team you'll see what I mean.

Edit having just seen the extended match highlights on iFollow I don't think any case can be made for coaching having any part in Kelman's goals.

A tad harsh I think... on that basis what goal could possibly be attributed to coaching at this level? I think Kelman's movement for both goals was superb, possibly instinctive but a player low on confidence perhaps may think twice before committing themselves forwards in those type of runs.

We have no idea what they're working on in training but Todorov is an international forward - all of our lot can learn something from him and I'm sure he has a way of communicating his message to get it across.

Curious, beyond a striker getting into the right positions and executing perfectly, what evidence are you looking for that might show the coaching is working? Even more curious, how would you make the case for coaching ‘not having any part’ in those two goals?

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

Curious, beyond a striker getting into the right positions and executing perfectly, what evidence are you looking for that might show the coaching is working? Even more curious, how would you make the case for coaching ‘not having any part’ in those two goals?

Tangled was hoping for a 2-1 to Stevenage last night as his proof.

Which is a real shame because I like some of his thoughts on footy. Men who grew up watching SUFC last century should not be quoting win percentages after 2 games of the season.....They never existed back then and league tables weren't even published after just 2 games.

To make an early judgement on a manager. We looked at any new signings and were delighted if even one youth could make the starting 11. We would have loved the idea that the new boss wanted to play football and there were no local radio interviews to get upset about and convince ourselves of imaginary spats.

If a homegrown lad had scored 2 away goals we would be doing a conger round the terrace.....Sadly 40 years on some people had to cancel there 'Bond out' post instead.

Which is a real shame because I like some of his thoughts on footy. Men who grew up watching SUFC last century should not be quoting win percentages after 2 games of the season.....They never existed back then and league tables weren't even published after just 2 games.

To make an early judgement on a manager. We looked at any new signings and were delighted if even one youth could make the starting 11. We would have loved the idea that the new boss wanted to play football and there were no local radio interviews to get upset about and convince ourselves of imaginary spats.

If a homegrown lad had scored 2 away goals we would be doing a conger round the terrace.....Sadly 40 years on some people had to cancel there 'Bond out' post instead.

Bond out

A win is good, a cup win for us is very good, an away win in a cup feels special.
However there is good and not so, good that Macca seems on the right track to getting back to the good player he can be, not so good that Lennon got a new injury or that Hump warmed the bench (issues?)
Mr Bond must have had some involvement in the team starting well last night from the whistle and also after the interval; how often have we started slowly? especially on 46 minutes.
If, a BIG IF, we can get a settled line up and a run of games without a defeat then, maybe, some of the "Bond out" brigade will simmer down and observe the good as well as poor.
I live in hope.
COYB!

???

I have recently read Joey Barton’s autobiography believe it or not a excellent read, he rated KB highly as a coach , in today’s world many people seem that criticism isn’t allowed. Coxy to me seems the type to want to prove people wrong, psychology sometimes is a excellent motivator, unless your a snowflake

There's a huge difference between negative & positive criticism and calling someone a "snowflake" because they don't respond to being belittled in public or yelled at in private shows that you have very little understanding of psychology. Not everyone responds to the Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment.

Coxy got a bit of a managerial hard time during Phil Brown's term of office. Brown dropped him to the bench and offered some public verbals. Cox came back into the side and ended up our top scorer and had, probably, his best season with us so far. I don't have an issue with Cox's reaction, lets see how Humphrys handles it all.

Yes, well. Without making it personal, that’s why I asked the original poster to share their own rationale.

Apart from the striker making his run and jump across the front of the keeper instead of with him, which the tendency has been under the previous two managers

Apart from the striker making his run and jump across the front of the keeper instead of with him, which the tendency has been under the previous two managers

I was right Behind Bondy and he was constantly positively coaching Charlie, including telling him exactly where to make runs, including across the keeper, excellent understanding and direction from Bond.

Interestingly he was far more vociferous, than at Home. 95% of the time positively so, orchestrating play as far as he could both in defence and attack

I was very impressed with his comments

The real quality strikers in the game, have an instinct that puts them in the right place at the right time. You can't coach that.

Where does the "instinct" come from then ? is it something genetic ?

Its about playing the percentages, years ago I made my son watch a Van Nistelroy goal.

A very simple goal it was too, but he appeared to be in the right place at the right time ...it was percentages, he was in the only place where he would be able to do something whatever the ball did,

My Son learned from that where to go to make a difference .

It might not be able to be coached into Cox or Robinson, but Humphries / Kelman / Hutchinson/ Acquah should still be taking stuff on Board.

Perhaps that's why Wabo fell out of favour

I was right Behind Bondy and he was constantly positively coaching Charlie, including telling him exactly where to make runs, including across the keeper, excellent understanding and direction from Bond.

Interestingly he was far more vociferous, than at Home. 95% of the time positively so, orchestrating play as far as he could both in defence and attack

I was very impressed with his comments

Pet hate of mine , strikers attacking the keeper on a cross rather than jumping across the face.

The keeper sets himself up to jump up and catch the ball he cannot adjust particularly quick to a late run across him. Even if you don't make contact it may well take their eye off the ball

What evidence can you (or anyone else provide for that matter) that it was coaching that got Charlie Kelman his two goals last night? I'd say it was the natural instincts of a born goalscorer which got him his goals.

(Sorry not to reply earlier btw,I've just arrived in Helskinki).

Do you have any evidence for this ridiculous claim? Thought not.

Back