• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper_Wez

First XI
I was going to post this on the tread about the AGM, asking if anyone going along wanted to say a quick sorry to RM from me. Instead I have just decided to mentioned a slightly embarrasing encounter I had with Mr (and I think Mrs) Martin at the weekend.

I was having breakfast in a cafe in Leigh at the weekend ('Stop The World' I think it was called). Anyways... After a fantastic poached egg on toast I walked up to queue at the counter to pay and noticed RM sitting on the chair in the corner of the room on his own. I lowered the volume of my voice and leaned towards my girlfiend and started reeling off all of the reasons that I hate the bloke, and may have mentioned a recent sexual assault accusation.

Having vented a few years of RM hate in her direction I was then confronted with an angry looking Mrs Martin (I can only assume they are married). She had been standing in front of me in the queue listening to every word. She didn't say anything, but if looks could kill I'd be splattered all over the wall of that cafe.

They left in a bit of a huff, leaving me with a very red face :embarrassed: wanting the ground to swallow me up! Unfortunately it didn't, and because they walked incredibly slowly along Leigh Broadway I was left with the awkward task of having to walk past them both as if nothing had happened.

So yeah... if anybody wants to give an apology on behalf of 'that bloke in the cafe at the weekend' then it'd be much appreciated ;)

Why feel sorry/ashamed/embarassed?
If you say you've got reasons for "genuinely hating him" then you should be happy to pass those onto him face-to-face. I know I'd be delighted to find myself in that situation with the way I feel about RM's recent conduct.

Why feel sorry/ashamed/embarassed?
If you say you've got reasons for "genuinely hating him" then you should be happy to pass those onto him face-to-face. I know I'd be delighted to find myself in that situation with the way I feel about RM's recent conduct.

Not ashamed, but a little embarrased yes.

I guess its because i've never been faced with a situation like that one. 'Hate' was a litle strong, maybe I should have gone with 'dissapointment' or 'disapproval' at the way the club is run more than anything else.

When I saw how just a tiny conversation between my girlfriend and I had affected his wife I did feel a little sorry for both of them (and like a bit of an idiot for talking about him behind his back).

It has to be said that there is no changing the way I feel about the running of the club etc. over the past couple of years.

In Sturrock we trust. UTB.

Not ashamed, but a little embarrased yes.

I guess its because i've never been faced with a situation like that one. 'Hate' was a litle strong, maybe I should have gone with 'dissapointment' or 'disapproval' at the way the club is run more than anything else.

When I saw how just a tiny conversation between my girlfriend and I had affected his wife I did feel a little sorry for both of them (and like a bit of an idiot for talking about him behind his back).

It has to be said that there is no changing the way I feel about the running of the club etc. over the past couple of years.

In Sturrock we trust. UTB.

Fair enough (until the last sentence).
I certainly don't trust him as far as I could throw him...

I can confirm that she is Mrs Martin, we used to be neighbours in the 80's are can say that they are both very nice people and i wouldnt expect her to explode in anger from what little memory I have of her (i was quite young back then). They never once complained about myself and my brother hitting tennis balls etc into their garden and they were both very nice people to live next to. I think if you were to apologise it would be accepted

Negotiated his new position whilst the previous incumbent was still there are very much preparing to carry on "as usual" for one. Lack of professional respect etc

Which, as much as you may loathe it, is a practice widely carried out in football... Of course, if you were unemployed and somebody offered you a reasonable position in a company to replace a currently employed person you've had no previous dealings with, you'd turn it down without a moments thought on moral grounds, wouldn't you?

I'm sorry Mr Martin,
I'm sorry to be so blunt,
I'm sorry Mr Martin,
But you're a such a.......

Answers on a postcard to: Interpol Shrimper, C/O Shrimperzone, Shrimperzone Towers.

if you were unemployed and somebody offered you a reasonable position in a company to replace a currently employed person you've had no previous dealings with, you'd turn it down without a moments thought on moral grounds, wouldn't you?

Yes, but then again I am infallible :angel:

How long will it be before Interpol Shrimper starts to mistrust Shrimper_Wes because they had a meeting in a Leigh cafe?

First Scriven, now Sturrock, next Shrimper_Wez...

How long will it be before Interpol Shrimper starts to mistrust Shrimper_Wes because they had a meeting in a Leigh cafe?

First Scriven, now Sturrock, next Shrimper_Wez...

I await the inevitable facebook group seeking a boycott of Stop the World Cafe as they had the cheek to serve the Martins lunch......

Last edited:
Back