• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

im stupid and desperate!!

stu blue

Schoolboy
hello to the pc experts on SZ. my norton anti virus ran out about 2 weeks ago and i have now deleted it from my laptop. however, when i try to type in A V G on google, type in the A V G address directly in my address bar or even search for A V G on SZ to look for previous threads about this, my internet shuts down, but it is fine, even if a little slow when looking at any other sites, hence the spaces inbetween the a v g. I have a HP laptop roughly 13 months old. Anyone who can help!?!

hello to the pc experts on SZ. my norton anti virus ran out about 2 weeks ago and i have now deleted it from my laptop. however, when i try to type in A V G on google, type in the A V G address directly in my address bar or even search for A V G on SZ to look for previous threads about this, my internet shuts down, but it is fine, even if a little slow when looking at any other sites, hence the spaces inbetween the a v g. I have a HP laptop roughly 13 months old. Anyone who can help!?!
Check your firewall/ even parental controls? Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions.

Or the parental controls might have something to do with it if they're switched on.

cheers for that Dave. how do i get into parental controls? i did warn you i am stupid!!

cheers for that Dave. how do i get into parental controls? i did warn you i am stupid!!
Start button > Control Panel > Parental Controls.

Is this your parents laptop or something? If so you're going to need to have administrator rights.

Glad to help
(Real name is Dan btw :))

cheers for the link, but when i clicked on it my internet just shut down and therefore threw me out of SZ!!

Off to bed now, I'll leave you with a few ideas:

*Internet browser type in 192.168.1.1 - Username: admin Password: password
and check your internet filter settings.

*Try a different browser

*Try connecting to someone else's wireless and try from there.

I'll help you if all of them fail tomorrow.

Dan

what internet browser are you using?

if your using firefox, try running it in safemode and see if you still have the same issue, it may be to do with some kind of firefox extension. to do this go start > program files > mozilla firefox > firefox (safe mode)

cheers jon. i have tried using google and yahoo and even pasting the link straight into my address bar at the top with no luck!?

havent got program files on my start up but think i do have firefox. any other way of switching it off?

you can get to program files by clicking start > my computer > c drive (C: ) > program files...

is your internet browser closing only when you try searching for avg?

Back