• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

gpd

First XI
Well...here we are...again. More images of the new stadium. Only this time it looks like it has a secondary school in it - and this is part of making it appealing by building one for the town. (Legra Academy) Looks good to me...just want it passed so Ron can get going with it. Is there still a Cinema in it? Lots of living accommodation to help pay for it...and 4 sides!!! Personally I would like the seating to be a bit steeper sloped to make it it more intimidating to have the fans really close. But I would settle for having it built in the first place.
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/15666204.Exclusive_images_for_the_new_Southend_FC_stadium/

Looks very good indeed and critically appears to have councillors on side already- so the chances of it getting passed pretty high. Hilton Hotel (thats about right for a club of our ambitions- a Holiday Inn or Premier Inn would have been embarrassing..).

An interesting comment is that the current financial plan and project is designed to leave the club debt free? If that was the outcome along with the new stadium it is difficult to imagine even the most miserable contributor on here could be unhappy..

If this project left the club debt free I would be over the moon but, sadly, you could probably count how many clubs are on one hand. Other than that, looks good.

Looks amazing + i'm starting to think that my confident "" it will never happen in my lifetime"" statement from 30 years ago might be in trouble.

Especially if Uncle Ron gets Glenn Tamplin to build the stands - they will probably be put up overnight. :winking:

Looks amazing + i'm starting to think that my confident "" it will never happen in my lifetime"" statement from 30 years ago might be in trouble.

Especially if Uncle Ron gets Glenn Tamplin to build the stands - they will probably be put up overnight. :winking:

I'm sure Freddy will quote reasonably to put the roof on the first three sides:Worthy:

Looks amazing, could really push us on to another level. That said, I won’t get to excited until we kick a ball in anger at the new stadium.

Looks good

G7NNHg.jpg

CXTxKC.jpg

mcJN1X.jpg

Y7IXrl.jpg

Jp1WZa.jpg

Y5is0w.jpg

Just think if we'd won the Essex Senior Cup the prize money alone would have built that.

Damn you Theo Robinson. :angry:

It's changed direction again? I'm sure the last pictures before these the pitch was North/South but it's gone back to East/West again.

The North stand is now the main stand?

Back