• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Date - 1st July. Venue - Tilly's bedroom.

The alarm goes off at 7 am.

ST: <yawn> Ah well, another day another dollar. To be fair, it is the start of a new contract year. I wonder if Brushy has sorted out our new players. Better ring and find out.

<Dials Brushies number. Phone rings for ages. Eventually picked up and answered in a rather sharp manner.>

PB: Hello! Who is this - it'd better be important - I've just got to the play off finals in Football manager!

ST: Hi Brushy it's Tilly here. White rabbits white rabbits white rabbits, pinch punch first day of the month and all that stuff. It's the 1st of July - the new contract year begins. How have you got on signing the new players?

PB: Yeah, all done. I got Huntingdon as you requested. I also managed to sign Dervite and Harding as well and picked up Michael Owen. It's made a huge difference - as I say I have got us to the play off finals. We'd have walked the league if we'd signed them in August but I couldn't get them until the January transfer window. It took me that long to offload Granty and Herd but you'll never believe it - Man Utd paid £2m for Johnny and I shifted Grant for £3m to Spurs. We had to break the bank for Owen and the wages are crippling but Ron Martin sold out to a Saudi Oil Sheik and we had a £5m injection of funds, Cracking. If only we could do that in real life, eh?

ST: What do you mean in real life... when I phoned you from the golf course I MEANT in real life you plonker! Not on bloody football manager! So have you not signed anyone at all? In real life?

PB: No... I thought you were doing it. After all, you're the manager!

ST: For Gods sake... I'd better get down the club.

<ST races at breakneck speed to Roots Hall. He is greeted by his PA>

ST: Morning Chantelle. Any messages?

C: No but I have just taken a phone call from someone called wiggy? He wants a word.

ST: OK, put him through.

W: Tilson you complete muppet! Why haven't we signed anyone yet?

ST: Err... We're working on it. Don't worry, it's all in hand. <Checks current transfer list of available players>. There's a couple of lads available I'm looking at... a centre half from Dagenham called Michale Alaile - 6 footer, solid...

W: 6 footer? What's that 3 left and three right?

ST: 6 feet tall wiggy...

W: Well that's no bloody good is it? Clarke and Barrett are only that tall and look at the goals we leaked. We need a 6'3" giant back there.

ST: There's Godwin Antwi from Liverpool, 6'1" Ghanain, can play centre half or center midfield.

W: Still too short, too young, untried, never heard of him. Next?

ST: Jonathan Boardman from Dagenham. He's 28, 6'2"...

W: If he's that good how come Dagenham don't want him? Bound to be rubbish. Do you want us back in league 2 you muppet? Keep going...

ST: Michael Duberry is available on a free from Reading...

W: Yeah but what are his wages? Plus he's about 60 by now! Wake up man - why do you want to pay that overweight overpaid lump of a centre half anything at all so he can see out his career at half pace with us! Build for the future man!

ST: Brian Saah from Orient. He's young, quick, 6'3", commanding, gets the odd goal, available on a free and we can afford him.

W: Do you want a mutiny? Don't you dare sign any old scumbag from that Borient at Birdbrain Road. He's rubbish. Must be if he played for them... and that goes for the Col U sheepshaggers too.

ST: Matt Lockwood's available...

W: Don't even think about it. 10 years too late.

ST:Well, who do YOU want me to sign then?

W: I don't care man! Anyone! Just sign someone and tell that tightarse Ron Martin that he needs to get his chequebook out! We need signings! Just get people signed!

<click>

:doh:

July 1st 2009, Aboard the Good Ship Martin Dawn...

Admiral Ron Martin: Yarr, Shiver Me Timbers... I be looking for Treasure...

First Mate Steve: We have no Map, Sire, Alas... I fear all is lost

Admiral Martin: Nonsense Steve! Follow the compas... The War Chest be here somewhere!

First Mate Steve: Captain, it's been months... There's no sign of the War Chest and the crew are hungry. Macca's been at the Rum and is needlessly shooting Cannon Balls across the open seas, Captain Barrett's looking a ghastly shade of pale and, bless him, Little Johnny's got scurvy.

Admiral Martin: Is this a mutiny? I ought to have you all walk the plank!

Captain Barrett: Steve, We have a Problem... Clarkey's wondering around the Hull crying for his Mummy. He say's he's been at Sea far too long and wants to return, He also says the search for the War Chest is pointless and is mumbling something about a Field somewhere he wants to go to.

Admiral Martin: Aghast! Throw him overboard... The search for the mysterious magical War Chest carries on Regardless!

Date - 1st July. Venue - Macca's bedroom. Time - 11am

Midfield Maestro Alan McCormack: Crap, it's the top of the morning and I'm late for training. I've got to go sweetheart.

<Macca jumps out of bed, yanks on some pants and a t-shirt>

OBL: You don't need any training love, I'll give you your own private workout right here...

<OBL sprawls across the crisp cotton sheets suggestively, Macca gets undressed...>

Last edited:
date - 1st july. Venue - tilly's bedroom.

the alarm goes off at 7 am.

St: <yawn> ah well, another day another dollar. To be fair, it is the start of a new contract year. I wonder if brushy has sorted out our new players. Better ring and find out.

<dials brushies number. Phone rings for ages. Eventually picked up and answered in a rather sharp manner.>

pb: Hello! Who is this - it'd better be important - i've just got to the play off finals in football manager!

St: Hi brushy it's tilly here. White rabbits white rabbits white rabbits, pinch punch first day of the month and all that stuff. It's the 1st of july - the new contract year begins. How have you got on signing the new players?

Pb: Yeah, all done. I got huntingdon as you requested. I also managed to sign dervite and harding as well and picked up michael owen. It's made a huge difference - as i say i have got us to the play off finals. We'd have walked the league if we'd signed them in august but i couldn't get them until the january transfer window. It took me that long to offload granty and herd but you'll never believe it - man utd paid £2m for johnny and i shifted grant for £3m to spurs. We had to break the bank for owen and the wages are crippling but ron martin sold out to a saudi oil sheik and we had a £5m injection of funds, cracking. If only we could do that in real life, eh?

St: What do you mean in real life... When i phoned you from the golf course i meant in real life you plonker! Not on bloody football manager! So have you not signed anyone at all? In real life?

Pb: No... I thought you were doing it. After all, you're the manager!

St: For gods sake... I'd better get down the club.

<st races at breakneck speed to roots hall. He is greeted by his pa>

st: Morning chantelle. Any messages?

C: No but i have just taken a phone call from someone called wiggy? He wants a word.

St: Ok, put him through.

W: Tilson you complete muppet! Why haven't we signed anyone yet?

St: Err... We're working on it. Don't worry, it's all in hand. <checks current transfer list of available players>. There's a couple of lads available i'm looking at... A centre half from dagenham called michale alaile - 6 footer, solid...

W: 6 footer? What's that 3 left and three right?

St: 6 feet tall wiggy...

W: Well that's no bloody good is it? Clarke and barrett are only that tall and look at the goals we leaked. We need a 6'3" giant back there.

St: There's godwin antwi from liverpool, 6'1" ghanain, can play centre half or center midfield.

W: Still too short, too young, untried, never heard of him. Next?

St: Jonathan boardman from dagenham. He's 28, 6'2"...

W: If he's that good how come dagenham don't want him? Bound to be rubbish. Do you want us back in league 2 you muppet? Keep going...

St: Michael duberry is available on a free from reading...

W: Yeah but what are his wages? Plus he's about 60 by now! Wake up man - why do you want to pay that overweight overpaid lump of a centre half anything at all so he can see out his career at half pace with us! Build for the future man!

St: Brian saah from orient. He's young, quick, 6'3", commanding, gets the odd goal, available on a free and we can afford him.

W: Do you want a mutiny? Don't you dare sign any old scumbag from that borient at birdbrain road. He's rubbish. Must be if he played for them... And that goes for the col u sheepshaggers too.

St: Matt lockwood's available...

W: Don't even think about it. 10 years too late.

St:well, who do you want me to sign then?

W: I don't care man! Anyone! Just sign someone and tell that tightarse ron martin that he needs to get his chequebook out! We need signings! Just get people signed!

<click>

:doh:

brilliant !

Date - 1st July. Venue - Frankie and Benny's. Time - 8.15pm

<OBL sits alone on a table for two. She slowly nurses a large glass of Pinot Grigio whilst glancing towards the door>

<Macca enters, wearing training kit and looking out of breath>

Macca: I'm sorry I'm late darling, Tilly made me go and pick up the balls I lost in Waitrose car-park, I only found 14 of them.

OBL: It's ok Al, I've only just arrived

<Macca flags down a waiter and orders a Guinness>

Macca: How was your day?

OBL: Well after you left the house I fixed myself some food, watched Eggheads and then posted a couple of times on the 'zone, you're still in the Big Brother competition!

Macca: Fantastic, Tilly's asked me to take over from Rev's in doing the weekly blog, I'm thinking about spicing things up a bit, people like to hear about Mayhem and kebabs right?

OBL: of course! I could give you some lovely cake recipes to add in as well!

<the waiter comes with the Guinness, and they order a couple of pizzas>

Macca: listen OBL, there's something I want to ask you. We've been seeing each other for nearly 2 years now. It started with a restraining order against you, but in the past months you've proven your love to be genuine. I've got something for you...

<Macca glances down to his lap, and OBL notices a large bulge in the front of his tracksuit bottoms, her eyes light up>

Macca: ...I know people mention the age gap, you are old enough to be my Nan. But that doesn't bother me in the slightest...

<Macca reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small box>

Macca: Will you do me the honour... of making me the happiest little irishman in the world?

<Macca opens the box to reveal a gold ring with an emerald on top. He moves around the table and onto one knee>

OBL: oh my. oh my GOD! Alan... I'm lost for words, let me just post this on the 'zone! I would love to be your wife, but you know I can't. What about my husband?... what about RICEY!?!

Macca: Don't worry about Ricey sweetcheeks, he's been signed by Huddersfield for £200,000. He won't be bothering anyone again...

.......TO BE CONTINUED (if i can be arsed)........

Last edited:
A short while ago, in a football league not all that far away...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel dissenters, striking from a hidden base behind their keyboards, have won their first victory against the Empire. During the battle, rebel spies managed to steal secret plans for the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Web Blog, a fully loaded web creation with enough power to destroy an entire platoon of non-conformists.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Wiggy races home aboard her beaten Ford Star-Ka, custodian of the stolen blogs that can save her kind and restore cynicism to the blue-tinted galaxy.

The Star-Ka, with the driver firing menacing backward glances, races along the A127. It is pursued by a larger transporter - an imperial Ka-destroyer with "Welcome to Blues County" emblazened on the side. You cannot see inside as the windows are blue-tinted. Sticking to the new 50 mph limit of the route, the Empire vehicle gradually catches the smaller one, casting an immense shadow over the Star-Ka and all inside her.

Interior: The Star-Ka

An explosion rocks the Star-Ka as its engine misfires. Two robots, T2-Kray2 and We-Threepio look old and battered. T2-Kray2 is a short, claw-armed tripod that speaks in an incomprehensible language. His face is a mass of computer lights surrounding a "reality-seeing" eye. We-Threepio, on the other hand, is a tall, slender robot of human proportions. He has a red-repped metallic surface and can speak a thousand languages but understand none of them. He is the robot embodiment of Princess Wiggy.

We-Threepio: "Did you hear that? They've purposely led with a ridiculous low bid. We'll be blown out of the water for sure! We're doomed."

The Kray unit makes a series of electronic sounds that only another dissenting droid could understand.

We-Threepio: "There'll be no escape for the Princess this time".

T2-Kray2 continues making bleating sounds. Tension mounts as a loud engine revs and the sounds of propaganda can be heard moving around the outside of the hull of the Star-Ka.

Suddenly a tremendous blast opens the door of the small Ka and a score of fearsome armoured millennium-shirted Rontroopers reach inside the vehicle.

The awesome seven-foot tall Dark Lord of the South(end) makes his way to the vehicle. It is Darth Scriven, right hand of the Emperor. His face is obscured by flowing black robes and a grotesque black-mask. Everyone instinctively backs away from the imposing warrior and his camera. A deathly quiet sweeps through the rebels.

May be continued.... any references to real-life people and stuff are like, totally, accidental.

Date - 1st July. Venue - Frankie and Benny's. Time - 8.15pm .............

............OBL: oh my. oh my GOD! Alan... I'm lost for words, let me just post this on the 'zone! I would love to be your husband, but you know I can't. What about my husband... what about RICEY!

.......TO BE CONTINUED (if i can be arsed)........

:D bloody funny, thanks, started my day with a real chuckle! Not sure about the above bit though?! :nope: You know, if you were in the BB house I would think this was an attempt at trying to influence my voting!!! Repped you for the first bit so I can't for this atm, honestly though, much appreciated, very funny!

Last edited:
A short while ago, in a football league not all that far away...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel dissenters, striking from a hidden base behind their keyboards, have won their first victory against the Empire. During the battle, rebel spies managed to steal secret plans for the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Web Blog, a fully loaded web creation with enough power to destroy an entire platoon of non-conformists.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Wiggy races home aboard her beaten Ford Star-Ka, custodian of the stolen blogs that can save her kind and restore cynicism to the blue-tinted galaxy.

The Star-Ka, with the driver firing menacing backward glances, races along the A127. It is pursued by a larger transporter - an imperial Ka-destroyer with "Welcome to Blues County" emblazened on the side. You cannot see inside as the windows are blue-tinted. Sticking to the new 50 mph limit of the route, the Empire vehicle gradually catches the smaller one, casting an immense shadow over the Star-Ka and all inside her.

An explosion rocks the Star-Ka as its engine misfires. Two robots, T2-Kray2 and We-Threepio look old and battered. T2-Kray2 is a short, claw-armed tripod that speaks in an incomprehensible language. His face is a mass of computer lights surrounding a "reality-seeing" eye. We-Threepio, on the other hand, is a tall, slender robot of human proportions. He has a red-repped metallic surface and can speak a thousand languages but understand none of them. He is the robot embodiment of Princess Wiggy.

We-Threepio: "Did you hear that? They've purposely led with a ridiculous low bid. We'll be blown out of the water for sure! We're doomed."

The Kray unit makes a series of electronic sounds that only another dissenting droid could understand.

We-Threepio: "There'll be no escape for the Princess this time".

T2-Kray2 continues making bleating sounds. Tension mounts as a loud engine revs and the sounds of propaganda can be heard moving around the outside of the hull of the Star-Ka.

Suddenly a tremendous blast opens the door of the small Ka and a score of fearsome armoured millennium-shirted Rontroopers reach inside the vehicle.

The awesome seven-foot tall Dark Lord of the South(end) makes his way to the vehicle. It is Darth Scriven, right hand of the Emperor. His face is obscured by flowing black robes and a grotesque black-mask. Everyone instinctively backs away from the imposing warrior and his camera. A deathly quiet sweeps through the rebels.

May be continued.... any references to real-life people and stuff are like, totally, accidental.

Brilliant.

I definitely want some of what Hank was on last night! I can't wait for the next installment.

Not too good at these tbh, but here goes!

DATE: 25th July 2009
VENUE: Steve's Office

(Paul Brush walks into Steve's Office)

PB: Steve, Freddy Eastwood is here to see you.
ST: Ah, send him in please.
(Paul Brush sticks his head out the door and gestures to Freddy to come in)
ST: Ah, Freddy, nice to see you back at Roots Hall again!
FE: Nice to see you again Steve, only now I realise how much I miss being in Southend!
PB: Anyway, down to buisness, did they agree to put you on free transfer?
FE: Yes, that is all sorted, and i'm available to the club. now.
ST: Excellent! Well, we would like you back at Southend, you are a good player,
FE: Well I would like to come back, but it might not be for me, let me have a think about this for a while.
PB: Ok, we will give you an hour to decide.
(Freddy leaves Steve's Office)
(An hour passes, and Steve and Paul have heard nothing from Freddy)

ST: ARGH! These players are either unaffordable, not available or they are not good enough, any luck over there Brushy?
PB: Well I am trying to get hold of Dan Harding and Dorian Dervite, but no answer at the moment.
(Phone Rings)
PB: Maybe things are looking on the up here Tilly!
(Tilly answers phone)
ST: Hello? Who is this?
FE: Hello Steve, it's Freddy here, just to let you know that I can't make a return to the Blues, as I cannot find free land nearby to put my motor home on, and I cant afford the travel expenses, Sorry.
(Phone cuts off)
ST: (Utters 'pikey') Well thats your hopes gone there Brushy! Things have GOT to get better soon, the season starts in two weeks time!

To Be Continued, if I can think of something better than this!

Back