• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Forget the referee, forget Darryl and let's focus on everything from last night that demonstrates why it's sometimes fantastic to be a Shrimper.

1) The performance. Dominated the first half until the sending off. A bit cagey for 10 minutes of the second half but after that were simply fantastic. A lot of backs to the wall last ditch efforts and aimless hoofs out of defence but we stood up to everything thrown at us and ended up with what we deserved.

2) The crowd. Apart from 15 minutes in the second half where everyone was crapping their pants expecting us to fall apart a brilliant atmosphere. Hopefully we've attracted a few more floating spectators after that.  

3) The defence. Possibly the best game I've seen Prior play but awesome battling and great efforts from Jupp, Che and Barratt. Both full-backs also trying to get forward in the second half.

4) The midfield. To a man, battled their hearts out. Gower and Pettefer were like whippets chasing after everything, Maher was superb and Hunt (despite everyone's reservations about him in centre-mid) deserves special praise.

5) The forwards. Gray - WOW - shown us glimpses of what he is capable of before and had a great match. Brilliant work for our first goal and a well taken second. Perhaps not having the pressure of Drewe and Dudfield around helped. Fully deserved the standing ovation and looking around as he walked off I didn't see anybody sitting down. Brought a lump to my underpants. Bramble - everyone expects him to score and moans when he doesn't. Put in a strong 40 minutes.

6) Tesfaye Bramble - Tra LA f**king LA ! What a legend !

7) The players. The way they celebrated the win last night and acknowledged the crowd. They care ! I hope they get an extra day's rest because all of them thoroughly deserve it.

If there's any true measure of how great last night's performance was it comes from my children who I occassionally have to take to earn some brownie points. They usually endure it as a chore but didn't stop talking about it all the way home. When my wife woke up this morning expecting the usual "it was boring" comments from both of them she got the shock of her life.  
laugh.gif

Saw a couple of the players in the far post after the game and TBH, when I looked at Spinner, I expected him to be completely done in... but he seemed as though he had only been on a training session!

FIT, OR WHAT!!!

wink.gif

talking about the players earning a days rest. evans orderd his motly crewe in for extra training at 10am the next day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 09 2004,22:23)]5) The forwards. Gray - WOW .... Fully deserved the standing ovation and looking around as he walked off I didn't see anybody sitting down.
Nope, there was couple in front of me in the East Greens who sat with folded arms while Gray went off - they did not even clap. Oh, and they're season ticket holders - unbelievable!

Although fairly par for the course for them. I can't remember the last time the husband clapped at all let alone cheared or celebrated. Everything the players do is wrong and the ref is always right even when the decion is clearly wrong (eg Tyson's off side goal).

Don't know why they bother as they clearly do not enjoy being at the Hall. You find all sorts at Roots Hall!

Nothing like a bad ref to get the crowd going as well ...

Agreed with all of that.

Back