• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Immigration - Obviously Such a Good Thing for the UK

I don't think anyone minds getting robbed or stabbed by a Brit but when its an immigrant you can't help but feel they are taking liberties.

The biggest problem where I live in Kent is the rascals watering my whisky down the local village pub. Oh and the gyppos but they're harmless (as long as you can understand their gibberish accent)

I'm with Chris Packham on this humanity as a species is over populated , ignore national boarders or identity we don;t need any more people . Stop breeding please hairless apes . Looking at immigration is a red herring .

Some genuine questions: what is the Earth's capacity? How many people can we maintain?

How would you go about limiting population growth on a global basis

Some genuine questions: what is the Earth's capacity? How many people can we maintain?

How would you go about limiting population growth on a global basis

Re-Colonize the Third World, repress/slay its people and steal all of its resources. A tad harsh no doubt, but I've been reading up on the British Empire lately interspersed with the odd Harry Flashman novel.

I don't think it's necessarily immigrants themselves that naturally feel a need to commit crimes, its the fact they are willing to work for low incomes, this means they will live in poorer areas of the UK, and obviously poor areas tend to have bad crime rates because of lack of policing, lack of things for kids to do except hang around in gangs etc. for example I'm pretty sure the immigrants working as doctors aren't going to be a large proportion of the immigrants that are committing crimes.
That said we are overpopulated and there needs to be some kind of control into how many can come into the UK every year, or they need to be assessed on a system similar to Australia where you can only come in if you have skills that are in short supply

or they need to be assessed on a system similar to Australia where you can only come in if you have skills that are in short supply

I don't think the Aborigines were of the opinion that they had a shortage of criminals, when they let hundreds of thousands of them in.

I don't think the Aborigines were of the opinion that they had a shortage of criminals, when they let hundreds of thousands of them in.
Well obviously but the same could be said of the USA, no point dwelling on something that happened hundreds of years ago

Well obviously but the same could be said of the USA, no point dwelling on something that happened hundreds of years ago

The Pilgrim Fathers were criminals? And do you really think the USA and indeed Australia would have become what they are today left in the hands of primitives?

Maybe it's not fine in Kent, but surely you need to look at what's making Kent the exception to the rule, which is that an immigrant crime-wave is likely to be a myth:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/philipjohnston/3674251/Immigration_and_crime_the_real_results/

The original article wasn't just about Kent though was it? Do these quotes ring a bell?

'The number of foreign nationals arrested in Britain has almost doubled in just three years, police figures show.'

'Nearly one in seven of the 85,000 inmates in England and Wales was born overseas.'

A myth? I really don't think so, Sue.

The Pilgrim Fathers were criminals? And do you really think the USA and indeed Australia would have become what they are today left in the hands of primitives?

Well in some ways yes, they killed off most of the native population, and obviously they wouldn't have, but does it really matter today? The people today mainly wouldn't have let the native people just be killed. Anyway surely saying America wouldn't be what it was without the fathers moving there is an argument that immigration can be good?
Personally I think immigration can be good for the country but it needs to be controlled in some way, so that only those that are really needed or seeking asylum from imminent danger can be allowed to stay.

Well in some ways yes, they killed off most of the native population, and obviously they wouldn't have, but does it really matter today? The people today mainly wouldn't have let the native people just be killed. Anyway surely saying America wouldn't be what it was without the fathers moving there is an argument that immigration can be good?
Personally I think immigration can be good for the country but it needs to be controlled in some way, so that only those that are really needed or seeking asylum from imminent danger can be allowed to stay.

Could someone explain to me why these people travel through many countries to get to the UK if their lives are in danger then surely the nearest safe country should be their first port of call ?

Could someone explain to me why these people travel through many countries to get to the UK if their lives are in danger then surely the nearest safe country should be their first port of call ?

I explain to you soft touch we are . taken to the cleaners

Back