• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Impatience

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan collymore

Stanley Victor Collymore
Hey Guys

Hope you're well!

I know there's lots of impatience and anxiety at the moment because you want clarity and good news wherever possible.

I've also been asked by a few what is going on with the club and I.

Last Thursday I met Ron and saw Phil and Ricky very briefly. Phil got a hug and Ricky a hearty pat on the back.

I had an hour with the Chairman and that conversation will remain private for now.

I've been working in the background to deliver what I promised to you and Ron and everyone at the club, 24/7, unpaid, with one aim. To help everyone at the club get the very best start to next season. Then beyond.

Building bridges
Creating strategic alliances with clubs.
Collating targets for next season.
Speaking to players who I know and may be interested in coming to Southend ( save for Phil and Ricky wanting them)
Gathering as much info on every club department as possible.
Talking to potential CEO about strategy.

24/7, unpaid, for the benefit of Ron, Phil, Ricky and you.

Had a great chat with Ricky yesterday and I'm actively giving him and Phil as many leads as is humanly possible.

As I said last week, the next 7 days are the most important in the modern history of Southend United Football Club. That timescale still stands.

There is no inertia, only plenty of graft going on from everyone.

Any employee of any company anywhere has to agree roles, responsibilities and terms prior to being employed and there is always the possibility that those three things can't be achieved. That's a normal part of business.

If everything goes well, Southend United and you guys can look forward with a lot of positivity.

Stan

I am willing to be patience for things to come together, if next week after that (near end of May) that be it ? what you are doing is fantastic for us and our club too, bringing us together as UNITED (especially our different fans group).

Situation like that can take time, my message to everyone on ShrimperZone is to relax, don’t worry too much, just enjoy your day, if there any good news come through next week, it’s an welcome bonus ?

Hey Guys

Hope you're well!

I know there's lots of impatience and anxiety at the moment because you want clarity and good news wherever possible.

I've also been asked by a few what is going on with the club and I.

Last Thursday I met Ron and saw Phil and Ricky very briefly. Phil got a hug and Ricky a hearty pat on the back.

I had an hour with the Chairman and that conversation will remain private for now.

I've been working in the background to deliver what I promised to you and Ron and everyone at the club, 24/7, unpaid, with one aim. To help everyone at the club get the very best start to next season. Then beyond.

Building bridges
Creating strategic alliances with clubs.
Collating targets for next season.
Speaking to players who I know and may be interested in coming to Southend ( save for Phil and Ricky wanting them)
Gathering as much info on every club department as possible.
Talking to potential CEO about strategy.

24/7, unpaid, for the benefit of Ron, Phil, Ricky and you.

Had a great chat with Ricky yesterday and I'm actively giving him and Phil as many leads as is humanly possible.

As I said last week, the next 7 days are the most important in the modern history of Southend United Football Club. That timescale still stands.

There is no inertia, only plenty of graft going on from everyone.

Any employee of any company anywhere has to agree roles, responsibilities and terms prior to being employed and there is always the possibility that those three things can't be achieved. That's a normal part of business.

If everything goes well, Southend United and you guys can look forward with a lot of positivity.

Stan
Thanks Stan for everything you are doing and mainly giving me and so many others hope for the future when there appeared to be nothing but doom and gloom and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Whatever comes of the last few weeks I have started to regain some pride and feel a part of my club again, long may it continue ?

Last edited:
im sure Stan phil and all the backroom staff are working as hard as posable to pull the club around as fast as it humanly posable .UTB

Thanks for the update Stan.

I actually think I will be more upset if you offer to help restructure the club is turned down than I was when we were relegated from the League.

Thanks for keeping the optimism and hope alive.

Thanks for the Update Stan, I surmised as much from your answers to the questions from Thursday night onwards.

The summary you have headed this thread with is a great update for those walking around with loads of blue question marks above their heads.

If all goes well, I still think it might be worth you trying to talk Alison Moyet into a concert at Roots Hall at some time in the future ??? Could be used as a fund raiser for some of the Shrimpers Trust projects in the area??

Thanks again your effort energy and passion for SUFC and answering the questions that have come your way. ?

There is such a thirst for knowledge at the moment and it’s great that you have given so much of your time and energy in not only helping to improve the long term prospects for the club, but also convey whatever information you can to us in a professional, measured and articulate manner which has been largely missing up to now.

Keep up the great work Stan.

Very sad that this didn't work out as Stan would have liked for us. It's almost as though he had a premonition that maybe it wouldn't (in the emboldened part of the quote from him above).

The brief rollercoaster ride has given some hope though and it seems that the actions of SOS and the Shrimpers Trust too have made Chairman Ron note aspects of fan disaffection. But, as ever, the future remains unwritten. It feels a tall order that things will work out well next season but may hope still spill out of this Pandora's Box of woes associated with our dear old beleaugered/Bananarama leaguered club.

I have stood by RM for a long time ,now its time for RM to let us supporters know why he altered the handshake agreement with Stan that made Stan say enough is enough.If RM cant do that then he should just sell the club and FK off.

It really is very possible that a draft role, responsibilities , and terms were outlined in principle and agreed upon by shaking hands. Then when the detail was added and a more comprehensive description provided, it just didn't look as enjoyable or satisfying, so he gave it a swerve. It's no big deal and shouldn't have become one.
As Stan c mentioned, this does go on in business all the time.
For all RMs annoying faults at least he conducts his business more appropriately privately. Not sure the constant and public 'look at me and what I can do' approach employed by Stan was conducive to finding a position within the club. In contrast, look how the new CEO has gone about business before any confirmation or announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back