• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sean 2

Director
It is imperative that we get behind Tilly and Brush and a team full of kids now.
No good moaning and giving it the old "i told everyone this would happen".

Our club needs every bit of support we can muster if we want to build greater things.We absolutely need the fans to keep coming week in and out.
Strikers are what separates winners and losers in this division and quite frankly,we have had an injury list as long as your arm so far.
Don't go looking for blame,you can't blame injuries.Eastwood only missed a handful of games in all the time he was here and he held god-like status.But since leaving us what has he done? -well not a lot as he's been injured a lot.

These lads have to step up to the plate and play more for the team,i'm talking about players who've been "squad" players for a while.Francis,Moussa,Betsy,Herd,Sankofa,Grant,Walker -all players that have been sidelined for half of the season! That's half of the side out there today! They desperately need our support.

At half-time i got told of someone down the front of the East had screamed "you're effing sh** Betsy".Well no wonder his game fell apart and was sidelined in the second half.Jeez,get off the player's backs.IT ISN'T GONNA HELP IF YOU ABUSE THEM.

We need them to put in their best performances of their season right now,just think about that before you go gobbing off.There wasn't a bad player out there today,yet we did not win -we lost.The lads gave it their all,but it's not enough,they need to do better.Or they need replacing.But for Christ's sake let's not shout crap at them.

We are a good footballing side who have good spells of possession and there ARE apects of their game that are improving.It's just so frustrating right now as we can't finish teams off because we ain't gelling as a TEAM.But don't write them off yet.

Let's be realistic, Betsy IS rubbish. Possibly the worst display from a "footballer" I have ever, ever seen.

Let's be realistic, Betsy IS rubbish. Possibly the worst display from a "footballer" I have ever, ever seen.

I don't think anyone is doubting he is rubbish. What people are doubting is what use it is telling him he is rubbish.

It is imperative that we get behind Tilly and Brush and a team full of kids now.

Our club needs every bit of support we can muster if we want to build greater things.We absolutely need the fans to keep coming week in and out.
Strikers are what separates winners and losers in this division and quite frankly,we have had an injury list as long as your arm so far.
Don't go looking for blame,you can't blame injuries.Eastwood only missed a handful of games in all the time he was here and he held god-like status.But since leaving us what has he done? -well not a lot as he's been injured a lot.

These lads have to step up to the plate and play more for the team,i'm talking about players who've been "squad" players for a while.Francis,Moussa,Betsy,Herd,Sankofa,Grant,Walker -all players that have been sidelined for half of the season! That's half of the side out there today! They desperately need our support.

At half-time i got told of someone down the front of the East had screamed "you're effing sh** Betsy".Well no wonder his game fell apart and was sidelined in the second half.Jeez,get off the player's backs.IT ISN'T GONNA HELP IF YOU ABUSE THEM.

We need them to put in their best performances of their season right now,just think about that before you go gobbing off.There wasn't a bad player out there today,yet we did not win -we lost.The lads gave it their all,but it's not enough,they need to do better.Or they need replacing.But for Christ's sake let's not shout crap at them.

We are a good footballing side who have good spells of possession and there ARE apects of their game that are improving.It's just so frustrating right now as we can't finish teams off because we ain't gelling as a TEAM.But don't write them off yet.

I agree well said.
Low confidences need boosting not kicking futher. Dropping heads need lifting not shoving into the dirt.

Let's be realistic,you're over dramatising as usual!
Betsy was crap today,no doubt.But,he has been good for us earlier in the season and does he need to be told in such abusive terms? No.
We need him at that best with so many players out.

"There wasn't a bad player out there today" really?

"We are a good footballing side" Nope!

Really? From a man of your experience that surprises me.

Clearly he didn't do that well today. He slipped over at crucial times, but that to me doesn't make him a poor footballer. He's solid, reliable.

People expect all our wingers to be either JCR or Mark Gower. It's simply not going to happen.

to be fair, in my opinion betsy started off well when he first joined us. He appears to have lost the plot in the last month or so. Giving him a hard time wont help him or the team

I am still puzzled to know when Betsy has ever been good this season?

"There wasn't a bad player out there today" really?

"We are a good footballing side" Nope!

Nobody played really crap,ok bar Betsy,granted.

WE ARE A GOOD FOOTBALLING SIDE,open your eyes mate,how do you fancy watching Yeovil every week?No wonder they take only a handful away with them.

I'm not and have never been, abusive.

I try to see the good in everything and everyone, honest I do. But in his case, I'm struggling.

Totally agree, i was looking round and thinking, well i know hes having a bad game but thats not going to help! People are frustrated but they shouldnt show it like that.

If Betsy was ok today, please explain why he was subbed at half time.

Subbing him was right and probably should have been done earlier.

Tilly and co should and must be the one to make him up his game and fight for his place. Give him the boost and confidence if thats what it takes and kick his arse when needed.
The supporters booing, jeering and chucking abuse isnt going to help him or Tilly IMO.
Who wants to face abuse every week when your in a rut and trying to get some form. In my very humble opinion surely the abuse and booing wont help him one bit.

I am still puzzled to know when Betsy has ever been good this season?

Well, Betsy's had several assists this season. He was dire today, don't get me wrong, but in general he's done OK since signing and I don't think he's as bad as some are making him out to be. I still think he's an upgrade on Tommy Black for a start.

Back