• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Implausable film endings.

DTS

The Business
I was walking to work today when I noticed that every other bus seems to adverts for Saw 4 on them in London.

I am not sure how familiar you are with Saw as a series of films but the basic plot is some twisted old boy kidnaps people who are knobs in real life and makes them do a task to spare there lives. You know the sort of thing - Really vain bloke got to cut his own face off - blah blah blah.

Well how they can make a 4th film is beyond me when jigsaw has been good as dead of the last three. He has also had unregulated heart surgery and still surived. I mean come on how much can we be expected to believe?

This got me and my flat mate Skeltor talking about the worst, most implausable film endings ever.

My worst one is Con Air - 20 of Americans most dangerous criminals decide to land a plane in the strip at Las Vegas which is bad enough itself. Once on the ground they decide to make a break for it by stealing a vehicle.

Now if I was one of Americas most known criminal faces I would be looking to steal an inconspicious car such as a little vauxhall nova etc - But no - Our criminal masterminds decide to steal a firetruck. Not only that they also stand on the roof tooting the horn and waving at passers by....Why o Why would you do that?

Anyone else got a really stupid ending to a film they want to share.

Cheers
DtS :hilarious:

I was walking to work today when I noticed that every other bus seems to adverts for Saw 4 on them in London.

I am not sure how familiar you are with Saw as a series of films but the basic plot is some twisted old boy kidnaps people who are knobs in real life and makes them do a task to spare there lives. You know the sort of thing - Really vain bloke got to cut his own face off - blah blah blah.

Well how they can make a 4th film is beyond me when jigsaw has been good as dead of the last three. He has also had unregulated heart surgery and still surived. I mean come on how much can we be expected to believe?

This got me and my flat mate Skeltor talking about the worst, most implausable film endings ever.

My worst one is Con Air - 20 of Americans most dangerous criminals decide to land a plane in the strip at Las Vegas which is bad enough itself. Once on the ground they decide to make a break for it by stealing a vehicle.

Now if I was one of Americas most known criminal faces I would be looking to steal an inconspicious car such as a little vauxhall nova etc - But no - Our criminal masterminds decide to steal a firetruck. Not only that they also stand on the roof tooting the horn and waving at passers by....Why o Why would you do that?

Anyone else got a really stupid ending to a film they want to share.

Cheers

Independance Day.

As if you could interface with an alien computer system with a standard connection, let alone upload a virus to it! :p

As if the rest of the film wasn't unbelievable enough...

Cheers

throughout Saw 2-3, Jigsaw had a side-kick didn't he, the girl who survived the exploding head device in Saw 1.

I must admit though how long can they keep going without it getting cack.

Titanic, as if a boat that big could sink..

After going to see that at the Cinema many years ago I recall the girl I used to work with telling me not to spoil the ending for her, (at which point I told her it doesn't sink and that everyone survives and lives happily ever after).:D

throughout Saw 2-3, Jigsaw had a side-kick didn't he, the girl who survived the exploding head device in Saw 1.

I must admit though how long can they keep going without it getting cack.

About 30 seconds into the opening credits of Saw II...

Open Water.

Such an anti-climax to a film that is about as scary as your Nan's cakes.

Load of pap.

Open Water.

Such an anti-climax to a film that is about as scary as your Nan's cakes.

Load of pap.

Jesus that is cack.

Dad of DtS and I watched that last xmas - Altough from memory a decent bird gets her charlies out. I recall being a bit embarrased about seeing that with Dad of Dts even at 28.

haven't seen saw III but enjoyed the first two... especially the first one which was one of the best twists in film history

Jesus that is cack.

Dad of DtS and I watched that last xmas - Altough from memory a decent bird gets her charlies out. I recall being a bit embarrased about seeing that with Dad of Dts even at 28.

I think you might be right Dave yes, although i don't really remember as i was busy gouging my own eyes out in the cinema through sheer and utter boredom.

Any ending to any Pirates Of The Caribbean film.

The worst series of films ever made.

Halloween 2 - Loomis blows up a load of gas canisters just yards away from both Michael Myers and himself which sends the entire hospital into a blazing infurno... and yet both live to see another good vs evil battle in Halloween 4!!! No wonder Carpenter wanted nothing more to do with the series after III.

Come to think of it, Myers might not be the killer in 4 but he's certainly back in 5.

Considering the standard of most horror sequels, Saw II and III weren't THAT bad.

It still follows the 'sequels' law of diminishing returns. Saw was good because it was a bit different (even I enjoyed it, and that's unusual with modern horror films cos they're invariably complete ****). Saw II couldn't be very different because the audiences demanded more of the same, so they just crank up the gore and hype instead and wind up with an inferior product - repeat ad nauseum...

There are very few good sequels that weren't designed to be multi-part films from the start. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of are the Bourne series - and that's probably only because they started as novels. It's particularly tricky if the main 'good' thing about a film is the twist at the end. Can you imagine 'the Seventh Sense', 'Another War of the Worlds', or 'Se7en and a bit' ever working?

All of which film geek ramblings bring me to my vote for the most implausible film ending - kicking off as it did a string of dire sequels:

Jaws - even though it raised the image of the poor misunderstood shark to the position of mindless psychotic killer that it still struggles to shake off today - this is still a fantastic film - right up until the preposterous ending that practically everyone buys without question. Jaws chows down on Quint and gets a bit of scuba tank caught between its teeth. Brody then shoots the tank with a handily placed rifle. Instead of puncturing the tank and causing it to spin round a bit as the air escapes (as would happen in real life) the whole thing explodes like several hundred pounds of C4 - spraying shark sushi over half of Massachusetts - crowd pleasing? well yes, plausible? hell no...

Back