• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
not an issue, but whilst on the subject of posting etiquette, and especially as the thread is specifically for that reason it thought it would be a good idea to find out what is and isnt acceptable.

Oh be serious .We are human FFS.. I think the law of thumb is Engage Brain before opening Mouth..

Fairly simple.

not an issue, but whilst on the subject of posting etiquette, and especially as the thread is specifically for that reason it thought it would be a good idea to find out what is and isnt acceptable.

What IMO is not acceptable is some of the accusations about Southend United Football players that appeared recently...IMO far more of an issue than Thread diversions

Oh be serious .We are human FFS.. I think the law of thumb is Engage Brain before opening Mouth..
yes fairly simple, but still no answer. Sorry if i appear to be missing something, I only asked a reasonable question

Joking comments between people that know each other, so probably not a problem. Otherwise IMO just as bad as the alternatives you mention.

yes fairly simple, but still no answer. Sorry if i appear to be missing something, I only asked a reasonable question

I doubt there is an overall answer.....Lets put this into perspective.....There are 5 owners that give there time and fund the zone with some wonderful contributions from the members....We are human and just fans of SUFC ...If we spent all of our time dissecting every thread and what is right or wrong we would indeed be a sad bunch.. This forum is for the fan's of SUFC all we do is try to keep an equilibrium of sense to it and try to keep a balanced view overall. Feel free if you want to buy it from us and run it yourself, after today I feel most Owners would agree with me .

I'm still lost on what to think about this one, largely because I'm feeling rather selfish and simultaneously

a) would be glad to see the back of threads which descend into in-jokes most of us know bugger all about.
b) will miss the opportunity to enter into an impromptu pun-battle: always livened up my day.

rough with the smooth, I suppose. Overall I think the complaints that have been expressed to the mods are more of a minor annoyance than something which requires all this brou-ha-ha (oh yes!), but they are in a difficult position.

If we spent all of our time dissecting every thread and what is right or wrong we would indeed be a sad bunch

Another way of putting the words in bold would be "we would indeed be very quickly unemployed".

Feel free if you want to buy it from us and run it yourself, after today I feel most Owners would agree with me .

Seconded.

What IMO is not acceptable is some of the accusations about Southend United Football players that appeared recently...IMO far more of an issue than Thread diversions

Thats because most of this seasons rumours have ALOT of substance and Tilly giving Maher and Foran the boot has shown that to be the case.

Im not sure what is wrong with you today AS, but you have come across as absolute plank and a very bitter one at that. Im not sure if you have been drinking from the same glass as Flinty, but i would suggest taking a step back, being honest to yourself and waking up. The fella's do a grand job of running the site, its 10 x more organised than it used to be (when people like Naps and Lee ran it :p) so lets try and make it as easy as possible for them.

Kev

Thats because most of this seasons rumours have ALOT of substance and Tilly giving Maher and Foran the boot has shown that to be the case.

Im not sure what is wrong with you today AS, but you have come across as absolute plank and a very bitter one at that. Im not sure if you have been drinking from the same glass as Flinty, but i would suggest taking a step back, being honest to yourself and waking up. The fella's do a grand job of running the site, its 10 x more organised than it used to be (when people like Naps and Lee ran it :p) so lets try and make it as easy as possible for them.

Kev

Nothing wrong with me today apart from what i e-mailed you about.

You can sit there and call me names if you want, if that is what level you are at, but ....to be honest it makes you look pretty stupid.

Maybe you should take a step back and start thinking for your self instead of being one of the sheep.

PS...do you want me to lend you some sun glasses for the next time any of the mods bend over???

BTW, for the record I couldn't give a rats *** who posts what and where on the board. I feel I can judge for myself what I do and don't want to read on threads, if a thread diverts then fine, just stop reading it if you're not interested.

Not saying the position taken by the owners is wrong, it's how a message board should run, however it's all been blown way out of proportion by certain quarters!

The Pub is The Pub, conversations will wander!

Posts like this from Monsieur B

and this:

Is this the time to mention my posters wives section I wonder?

from Monsieur the Shrimper are the reasons why they are my top repped posters. I don't come on here for a chat and I don't come on here to antagonise. I come on here increasingly because of Slipperduke's slippery column but also because every once in a while, a thread like this makes me laugh.

Laughter = rep in my book. Don't know what = red cos I haven't done that since the big reset.

Having had a bit of time for pause and reflection, I'm coming round to the idea that maybe this is a bit of a generation gap issue here, and that it is, in the main, those male posters in their 20s who have had issues over the deviation, innuendo and "in jokes" between apparent cliques of posters who are (in the main) older than them. It might be my imagination but it seems that there has been no issues raised when the younger ladies - you all know who I mean - come on and indulge in a bit of flirtatious fun.

Things have run away with themselves this week, I admit, and I know I'm culpable but because I work in a school, and we're on school holidays I've been on here much more than normal so the opportunities have been greater.

No-one has ever sent me a pm to say they have a problem with any post I've ever made, and that is what I find so annoying about this whole episode. Even those who have, apparently, an issue with me have never sent me a pm to discuss a post before yesterday.

In the cold, clear light of a new day I still feel hurt and aggrieved however, I accept the Famous 5 were caught between a rock and a hard place yesterday and needed to do something. There is nothing wrong with the statement that was issued at the top of this thread, but guys, I wish you'd have thought to send those other offenders and I a pm or two to let us know we were out of line and generating complaints.

Like Rich said, and I backed up a little later, your statement should be placed as a sticky at the top of all forums, with a closed response - at least then there will be no excuse for posters not being aware.

As a group, we took the decision to not mention names, but just publish a policy with clear rules and clear reasons why. No individuals have been singled out, and the rules apply equally to everybody.

As other Mods and owners have mentioned, we have limited amounts of time which we give up freely and we would prefer nothing more than to just log on to the Zone and contribute the same way as everyone else.

We could spend time PMing individuals, but you can see from this thread how much argument and debate it leads too. The bottom line in all this, is that the rules stand and they are not up for debate.

The thread is now closed as it's time to move on.

(When this thread falls off of the first page, a new clean version will be pinned as a sticky for a limited time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back