• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Road...you will never be able to stop direct replies to each other that is just plan daft, as i have just done to you and you did to OBL and Dave the Shrimp did just above when he said...

I am with you all the way mate.

All the punning gets on my charlies too....

Saying that a direct response to a post has to go via PM is ludicrous

As I said, I kind of agree with you.

There is, at least to my way of thinking, a massive difference between a direct reply like we are doing here - which is about the topic in question - and a direct/personal reply that only affects one person.

Although I am replying to you it is part and parcel of the thread in general, which everyone will have a chance to take part in. A reply of "PM sent" or similar is something 99% of us are nothing to do with, and is therefore of no benefit to the board in general.

That, to my way of thinking, is what the mods are on about.

As I said, I kind of agree with you.

There is, at least to my way of thinking, a massive difference between a direct reply like we are doing here - which is about the topic in question - and a direct/personal reply that only affects one person.

Although I am replying to you it is part and parcel of the thread in general, which everyone will have a chance to take part in. A reply of "PM sent" or similar is something 99% of us are nothing to do with, and is therefore of no benefit to the board in general.

That, to my way of thinking, is what the mods are on about.

Ow sorry, i thought you were refering to the "Its your go" comments which was posted in the Live Chat Thread???

Last edited:
Oh no, that's the point of the Live chat isn't it. Couldn't care less what people post in there - there's normally at least 3 different conversations on the go at one time anyway! Talking in general.

Well having scanned the threads on this after being out all day I've come to a few conclusions as I feel it was aimed at me (at least for one). I don't want to leave the Zone, 'cos there's some good people on here and some I've come to call friends.

1) I'm not a part of a "clique" of any kind apart from the Shrimperzone/Southend United supporters one. My job is so lax I spend the majority of the day on here, and that's why it looks like a post a lot. I respond to every poster equally, not just Aberdeen/Glasgow/Southminster etc.

2) I will reign in my so-called "Thread Diversion" & punning, especially in the main football forum and leave it to the Pub, and only to the more humourous threads. TBH, the political/immigrant threads have been done to death. Everyone knows where I stand on these matters.

Overall, I really don't want to leave here and go to Shrimpers OnLine or some other website. I want the end of season party to be a celebration of the Zone, of our (hopefully) upcoming playoffs, and good drink up with mates both familiar and new.

Message ends.

Well having scanned the threads on this after being out all day I've come to a few conclusions as I feel it was aimed at me (at least for one). I don't want to leave the Zone, 'cos there's some good people on here and some I've come to call friends.

1) I'm not a part of a "clique" of any kind apart from the Shrimperzone/Southend United supporters one. My job is so lax I spend the majority of the day on here, and that's why it looks like a post a lot. I respond to every poster equally, not just Aberdeen/Glasgow/Southminster etc.

2) I will reign in my so-called "Thread Diversion" & punning, especially in the main football forum and leave it to the Pub, and only to the more humourous threads. TBH, the political/immigrant threads have been done to death. Everyone knows where I stand on these matters.

Overall, I really don't want to leave here and go to Shrimpers OnLine or some other website. I want the end of season party to be a celebration of the Zone, of our (hopefully) upcoming playoffs, and good drink up with mates both familiar and new.

Message ends.

I see your Poster ID has already been "amended" too matey! ;)

I see your Poster ID has already been "amended" too matey! ;)

Yes Rich and I did that ....I am only trying to keep the peace here...and continue the Zone on an upwards trend for all of us ..Today is/was a bad day for us all including may I say the Owners...we do not take choices or changing habits or rules lightly..As we all are friends on here and have one common goal SUFC ..we only do what we feel is correct for the Zone overall.

Yes Rich and I did that ....I am only trying to keep the peace here...and continue the Zone on an upwards trend for all of us ..Today is/was a bad day for us all including may I say the Owners...we do not take choices or changing habits or rules lightly..As we all are friends on here and have one common goal SUFC ..we only do what we feel is correct for the Zone overall.

I wasn't questioning it, just felt I needed to bring it to a wider attention.

I know you are trying to keep the peace mate, I've been trying too & can I also add I've had a number of PM's today commenting positively on a lot of what I've said. Maybe the only thing I went too far on was the PM inbox extension but we sorted that quickly.

In terms of people threatening to leave the board, just because people have been asked to "focus" their behaviour I personally think is very sad. However, I am also aware of another situation which isn't really for public discussion which possibly is evidence of the bad day you guys as owners have had.

I fully agree with you that we're all here because of a common goal and I guess I'm lucky in that I've met & get on well with you, James & Matt as well as having developed strong relationships with people like MK, S_S, S_L, Aberdeen & Irish and as somebody PM'd me today, they didn't actually assume I would necessarily feel affected by the "announcement" as I wasn't considered to be part of the problem at hand. It has been commented on that people are just reacting to what they deem to be a clique, I would also like to point out that the issues this "clique" are alleged to have caused also are undertaken by certain others on here from time to time.

Maybe the time has now come to close the topic? Leave the thread once locked where it is but also create a new one with just the initial announcement which could be left as a sticky for a week or so?

on the subject of ettiquette:

This is apparently acceptable:

Originally Posted by southend_lady
Jenny out!!!!!!!! What a little bi*ch!!

Plus the fact she's a ginger

Would it therefore be acceptale to say for example:

"I'm glad the **** got booted"
or
"She should get kicked cos shes black"

Just wanted some clarification.

on the subject of ettiquette:

This is apparently acceptable:

Would it therefore be acceptale to say for example:

"I'm glad the **** got booted"
or
"She should get kicked cos shes black"

Just wanted some clarification.
I'm sure saying that she is ginger is just a bit of tounge in cheek. I recall Southend_Lady saying that she has a fear of ginger people (even though it is also rumoured she is ginger...) its just a bit of light hearted fun, people seem to be getting really touchy today.

Maybe the time has now come to close the topic? Leave the thread once locked where it is but also create a new one with just the initial announcement which could be left as a sticky for a week or so?

Rich, I think you've been a cracking help today in terms of keeping the peace, but also looking at things in a very sensible way.

I'd like to let the thread continue to run it's course because it's important that people feel they've had a chance to express their opinions (although I hope we won't end up covering the same old ground over and over again).

Once it's done, I think it would be an excellent idea to do what you've suggested.

Rich, I think you've been a cracking help today in terms of keeping the peace, but also looking at things in a very sensible way.

I'd like to let the thread continue to run it's course because it's important that people feel they've had a chance to express their opinions (although I hope we won't end up covering the same old ground over and over again).

Once it's done, I think it would be an excellent idea to do what you've suggested.

Cheers mate, glad to be of service!

GOOD

Because i think i should have my say!!!!

:whistling:

I'm sure saying that she is ginger is just a bit of tounge in cheek. I recall Southend_Lady saying that she has a fear of ginger people

Ok thanks for clearing that up. So its ok to talk about hair colour but not skin colour, e.g. Blackies, or places of origin e.g. Pakis

not an issue, but whilst on the subject of posting etiquette, and especially as the thread is specifically for that reason it thought it would be a good idea to find out what is and isnt acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back