• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you'd posted your last thoughts on this thread about 4 pages back?! :D

I can't be far off my 25 post quota today. That's me done for the day....

Well, I can't help it if circumstances dictate I need to add value by posting again can I?

I think I went past my 25 at about 11am :unsure:

What a lovely day it is today ......No Rich the PM boxes cannot get any bigger because most people don't bother emptying there's
so it takes up a lot of space...

OK, I was just asking & expected that to be the answer!

BTW, for the record I couldn't give a rats *** who posts what and where on the board. I feel I can judge for myself what I do and don't want to read on threads, if a thread diverts then fine, just stop reading it if you're not interested.

Not saying the position taken by the owners is wrong, it's how a message board should run, however it's all been blown way out of proportion by certain quarters!

The Pub is The Pub, conversations will wander!

BTW, for the record I couldn't give a rats *** who posts what and where on the board. I feel I can judge for myself what I do and don't want to read on threads, if a thread diverts then fine, just stop reading it if you're not interested.

Not saying the position taken by the owners is wrong, it's how a message board should run, however it's all been blown way out of proportion by certain quarters!

Stands and applauds :clap: (Rep quota for today all used up - and has been [I think] all green). Will remind myself for tomorrow.

Bugga thats 4 bits of Green I will miss today then..:support:

Back on topic....

Give this man a steak meal!!!!

See now, I disagree. Surely that's a matter of politeness in acknowledging the original post.

No, for two reasons.

Firstly, you can acknowledge the original post to open up the PM (you can quote into a PM after all), and secondly etiquette on a message board is different - ie you don't start each post with 'Dear Sir/Madam' etc

No, for two reasons.

Firstly, you can acknowledge the original post to open up the PM (you can quote into a PM after all), and secondly etiquette on a message board is different - ie you don't start each post with 'Dear Sir/Madam' etc

Dear Madam West Road Shrimper....

Bite me in the PM's!!!!

:p

No, for two reasons.

Touch of sarcasm there maybe? Well, I'm afraid I certainly don't know how to quote into a pm, and what is the problem with a quick message that you'll pm someone? Don't get that I'm afraid.

No, for two reasons.

Dear Sir,

Perhaps you don't but some of us prefer to maintain a modicum of etiquette in these here parts.

Yours sincerely,

Master Bate

It's not so much the punning, rather that it immediately goes away from the thread. And then when you click into said thread it's a tad annoying to find it diverted into a pun-fest. (Hurriedly checks his spelling before hitting enter) :)

I am with you all the way mate.

All the punning gets on my charlies too....

Maybe we could settle all this with a big get together at the end of the season. Someone should look into that, maybe after the Port Vale game when I'm not here?

Maybe we could settle all this with a big get together at the end of the season. Someone should look into that, maybe after the Port Vale game when I'm not here?

We are arranging a whip round B to bring you back for the night. Scrounger has already started it ...with donating 2p

Off topic......*Slaps wrist*

Touch of sarcasm there maybe? Well, I'm afraid I certainly don't know how to quote into a pm, and what is the problem with a quick message that you'll pm someone? Don't get that I'm afraid.

Although I see where you and AS are coming from whatever way you look at it, it is what the mods are talking about.

You accepted that posting "It's your turn" for scrabulous was pointless as it was only directed towards one person - surely "PM sent" is exactly the same. Whether it relates to a post in the forum or not, it is of no benefit to anyone except the two people concerned.

That, at least how I've read it, is what the mods are talking about.

All i can conclude today is that the original post in this thread IMO has had the effect of dividing and weakening the Zone today. I know that was not the desired affect at all but it seems that is what has happened, with people now squabbling on various threads.

Maybe and just maybe on reflection the issue of thread diversion, banter and Cliques could have been handled in a slightly different, way……but ho hum, the cat is out the bag now!!!

Anyway....I don’t give a flying Rats A*rse because if Southend United (that is our common bond in all this) Get in to the Play offs I will Snog every last one of you whether you like me or not.

Although I see where you and AS are coming from whatever way you look at it, it is what the mods are talking about.

You accepted that posting "It's your turn" for scrabulous was pointless as it was only directed towards one person - surely "PM sent" is exactly the same. Whether it relates to a post in the forum or not, it is of no benefit to anyone except the two people concerned.

That, at least how I've read it, is what the mods are talking about.

West Road...you will never be able to stop direct replies to each other that is just plan daft, as i have just done to you and you did to OBL and Dave the Shrimp did just above when he said...

I am with you all the way mate.

All the punning gets on my charlies too....

Saying that a direct response to a post has to go via PM is ludicrous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back