• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hello Everyone,
I don't normally comment on other team's boards, not because I'm anti-social, but because I can't normally be bothered!
I felt I had to register as an honorary Shrimper though, just so I could post a comment on here about your support.
Pre-match and post-match comments were by far the fairest and well balanced I've seen from another team's supporters.
No malice, bitterness or jibes, just a pleasant, realistic appraisal of what went on with some much-appreciated comments about our beloved city (especially the beer :winking:)
During the game (at least until we had you on the ropes in the second half!) you created a great atmosphere in the away end, and I'm just sorry that we didn't match that to add to the day.
Anyway, well done and thanks for contributing to a good game and all the very best for the future.

That is nice of you, we did enjoyed our day in Sheffield, as its was one of the place I wanted to tick off my list. I am glad we escape from Barmall Lane with a draw as I would has taken it before the kick off, considering we had 8 players out, the players who stepped into the first team come and did well in first half giving you hell of a fright until you showed your fighting spirits to level up at half time. We rode our luck in 2nd half & Worrall should has placed the ball across the keeper into the bottom corner with couple of minutes left, only if Atkinson pass the ball to him earlier!

Hello Everyone,
I don't normally comment on other team's boards, not because I'm anti-social, but because I can't normally be bothered!
I felt I had to register as an honorary Shrimper though, just so I could post a comment on here about your support.
Pre-match and post-match comments were by far the fairest and well balanced I've seen from another team's supporters.
No malice, bitterness or jibes, just a pleasant, realistic appraisal of what went on with some much-appreciated comments about our beloved city (especially the beer :winking:)
During the game (at least until we had you on the ropes in the second half!) you created a great atmosphere in the away end, and I'm just sorry that we didn't match that to add to the day.
Anyway, well done and thanks for contributing to a good game and all the very best for the future.

We always welcome away supporters and tend to get some really ok guys and very few wind up muppets, so many thanks for the feedback. Regarding the bit I've highlighted above, not everything is sweetness and light on here, so you obviously deserved what you got.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for that. Easily one of the best away days I've had in years. We got to Sheffield fairly early and found everyone to be very friendly and easy to talk to. Never felt unsafe or threatened. You have a brilliant stadium, but it's a shame your fans weren't a tad more vocal. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from your visits to us of course.

As you say the home atmosphere wasn't that good but i was very impressed with your fans version of 'Annie's song' before kick off in the first and second half. Sounded great with the whole stadium joining in. Would love to see something similar at Roots Hall.

As you say the home atmosphere wasn't that good but i was very impressed with your fans version of 'Annie's song' before kick off in the first and second half. Sounded great with the whole stadium joining in. Would love to see something similar at Roots Hall.

Agree 100%, that was fantastic.

As mentioned on another thread, I bloody loved that place. Ticked so many boxes.

Home atmosphere's been a bit naff for a couple of seasons now Dan.
We used to blame it on teams not bringing many fans and true, when there is a large vocal away support we usually raise our game...even if the players don't! Sadly, even with the excellent Shrimpers support yesterday, we found it difficult to lift the atmosphere.
For a taste of what it can be like, have a look at around 2 mins 55 after beating Charlton 2-0 in the FA cup quarter final at BDTBL (Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane as it's affectionately known round these parts)
http://skyoutube.com/download/video...United--FA-Cup-Quarter-Final/up3OX8IODfw.html

It's the `Greasy Chip Buttie' song.

Just in case our daft Northern accents need translating ES, here are the words.
Come on, join in...you know you want to!
"You fill up my senses, like a gallon of Magnet (decent beer brewed by John Smith's I think?)
Like a night packet of Woodbines,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Sheffield,
Like a greasy chip buttie,
Like Sheffield United, come fill (some sing thrill) me again"

Home atmosphere's been a bit naff for a couple of seasons now Dan.
We used to blame it on teams not bringing many fans and true, when there is a large vocal away support we usually raise out game...even if the players don't! Sadly, even with the excellent Shrimpers support yesterday, we fouind it difficult to raise the atmosphere.
For a taste of what it can be like, have a look at around 2 mins 55 after beating Charlton 2-0 in the FA cup quarter final at BDTBL (Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane as it's affectionately known round these parts)
http://skyoutube.com/download/video...United--FA-Cup-Quarter-Final/up3OX8IODfw.html

a few years back you played the Derby on a Friday night - I was playing football at the Goodwin (Uni pitches) and we could hear the roar when the first goal went in a penalty if I recall ?

So blades fans can make a right racket on occasions!

a few years back you played the Derby on a Friday night - I was playing football at the Goodwin (Uni pitches) and we could hear the roar when the first goal went in a penalty if I recall ?

So blades fans can make a right racket on occasions!

I was at the derby at Hillsborough in 2012 and it was the loudest game I've ever been to. Incredible atmosphere. Living in Hillsborough I have a slight lean towards Wednesday. Been at the Lane where the atmosphere has been cracking as well.

I was at the derby at Hillsborough in 2012 and it was the loudest game I've ever been to. Incredible atmosphere. Living in Hillsborough I have a slight lean towards Wednesday. Been at the Lane where the atmosphere has been cracking as well.

been to four derbies three at Hillsborough and one at Bramall Lane - always in the Wednesday end and yes a fiesty and passionate Derby for sure! Not for the faint hearted!

"You fill up my senses, like a gallon of Magnet (decent beer brewed by John Smith's I think?)

As Football songs go it has to be one of the very best!

And of course you can't beat a good night out in Sheffield either!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
Yeah, good day out for us except for the rain.
Parking is a nightmare and would put me off going again.
As you are a local, any tips for parking would be appreciated, less than a mile away too if possible.

Thanks for that. Easily one of the best away days I've had in years. We got to Sheffield fairly early and found everyone to be very friendly and easy to talk to. Never felt unsafe or threatened. You have a brilliant stadium, but it's a shame your fans weren't a tad more vocal. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from your visits to us of course.
Our fans would be quiet too if we were 2 down in half an hour as Southend ripped into them.
The miserably wet day and the reports from Paris didn't help either although when Payne got our 2nd the atmosphere in the away end was brilliant and we were ready to party, but sadly, our defence couldn't hold on to halftime.:blush:

Or perhaps something like .......

You fill up my shoes, with all your water,
Like a flood from the bible,
I was getting wet through,
And the stand roof was leaking,
And the chill wind ran through me,
Now I can't stop sneeeeeezing, come thrill me again ...........

Yeah, good day out for us except for the rain.
Parking is a nightmare and would put me off going again.
As you are a local, any tips for parking would be appreciated, less than a mile away too if possible.

Only chance of free parking now Spoons is to arrive no later than 1.30pm and find a space on the street. Watch out for the residents bays though. You can park in these for 2 hours free so find one, sit in it until just before kick off and you should be OK. Only other alternatives are KFC and B and Q (5 mins walk) but through the home supporters at the end. Plenty of £5 car parks.
There is one more option, and that's to park for free at the Meadowhall Centre just off the M1 and get a tram/train into Sheff for 2 or 3 quid return. 10 mins walk to ground, but again, you'll end up mingling with home supporters en route.
Of course I hope this is only useful info for you for next season if you get promoted :winking:

Back