• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Lost a chance to go to wembley
Lost top spot in League 2
Lost a chance to play at Anfield
Lost our best player possibly

Take the last few years and to be in with a chance of any of the above is a near on mircale
I really do think we have some of the most fickle fans in the country who foks me off

I am bloody proud of the club this season so far and a win on Friday puts us top again.

if we lose Bil we wll lose our most passionate player in a blues shirt, tell me who else shows this much passion this season

Well said indeed. I can't believe this is the reaction he is getting. He consistently gives his all not matter win, lose or drawer and the most versatile this club has ever seen. He has won us games and for the first people say he cost us the game yesterday, I disagree with that there were other players on the pitch aswell and the only thing stopping us from getting a result was their keeper making 4 very good saves.

We should be proud of what has been achieved since the beginning of last season, look at the players Sturrock has brought in, this time a year ago we would not of seen;

Harris
Dickenson
Daniels
Timlin
Barker

We are a club on the up and are 2nd in the league let us all forget Tuesday and cheer on The Blues to the top of the league again

Passion is one thing Wardy but the guys a freakin loon

And some are fans are not we cut him from the squad we might loose all those future young supporters coming through the turnstile to watch him play, i dont see many of the present squad giving there days off to spend time with the younger supporters at there local schools

Take the last few years and to be in with a chance of any of the above is a near on mircale
I really do think we have some of the most fickle fans in the country who foks me off

I am bloody proud of the club this season so far and a win on Friday puts us top again.

if we lose Bil we wll lose our most passionate player in a blues shirt, tell me who else shows this much passion this season

excellent post well said totally agree with everthing said :Worthy:

Supporting Southend has - and always will be - akin to a rollercoaster ride. After a few years plumbing the depths, we've risen steadily and quickly this season, to me this is just another (temporary) dip, and I trust absolutely in the boss to sort it out. I'm really confident about promotion this year and if forgoing the LDV area finals and a trip to Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA Cup is the price to be paid, then so be it.

I do get your point, so i suppose for supporters its wether his benefits outway his drawbacks, i must addmit im not sure. Luckely for us PS will make that call, or him upstairs will make it for him.

Good post and agree apart from the last line.

How do you define passion as opposed to arrant stupidity and being unprofessional? Mohsni is a fat lot of good to the club sitting in the stands because he's permanently suspended. I've never got this "passion" thing, why is Mohsni deemed more passionate then say Chris Barker?

Good post and agree apart from the last line.

How do you define passion as opposed to arrant stupidity and being unprofessional? Mohsni is a fat lot of good to the club sitting in the stands because he's permanently suspended. I've never got this "passion" thing, why is Mohsni deemed more passionate then say Chris Barker?

According to the dictionary "passion" is any strongly felt emotion ...... so that emotion could be enthusiasm ..... or envy ........... or jealousy!

I know that X Factor, Newsround and Antiques Roadshow always use the noun to mean a positive emotion but those of us of a certain age remember the fabulous The Jam/Paul Weller line "love with a passion called hate" ..........

So I'm not sure that any of you are making any sense ..............:unsure: ............ sorry but I'm just feeling "that way out" this morning :zzzzz:

Spot on my friend. At last some sensible and realistic comments about our beloved Club, all without any hint of aggression as well.

I agree with everything else the original poster says, but I bloody hate this theory about "showing passion". Just because you jump around, rant and rave and throw yourselves in for tackles (not all of which you have a hope of winning), you are the most passionate player at the club.

What rubbish. I'm not saying Bilel is not passionate but it is insulting to suggest that he is more passionate than the likes of Barker, who has been consistently excellent and is club captain for a reason, and Harris who was watching on the terraces as a boy. These players are "passionate" but they are also professional. Just because Martin Allen rants and raves on the touchline, does that make him more "passionate" than Paul Sturrock, who looked just about as down as I'd ever seen a manager following defeat at Oldham? Passion comes from within and you don't need to act like a bloody circus clown to show it.

That said I do love Bilel(!)

EDIT - I've just read CanveyShrimper's post and realise he has said exactly the same thing!

Well said indeed. I can't believe this is the reaction he is getting. He consistently gives his all not matter win, lose or drawer and the most versatile this club has ever seen. He has won us games and for the first people say he cost us the game yesterday, I disagree with that there were other players on the pitch aswell and the only thing stopping us from getting a result was their keeper making 4 very good saves.

We should be proud of what has been achieved since the beginning of last season, look at the players Sturrock has brought in, this time a year ago we would not of seen;

Harris
Dickenson
Daniels
Timlin
Barker

We are a club on the up and are 2nd in the league let us all forget Tuesday and cheer on The Blues to the top of the league again

Barker signed nearly 18 months ago!

as other I agree with all bar the last line. What I will say is that he is passionate, and that the way he shows it is easy for the fans to relate to- and fans love that . In the same way Chlohessy makes a point of encouraging the crowd to cheer on the team- again its easy for suppoerters to relate to this .

We go to football to hopefully enjoy oursleves , we go there full of hope that we wont be xxxx, might play well and might win and we might see somthing 'special'. Players that make us feel 'important' and make us feel that they 'care', and are capable of that 'special' moment will always be crowd favourites.

I don't know if it is on line anywhere but for thsoe that did not hear Gilberts interview I would recommend hearing it - it showed just how much he did care and showed his 'passion'

edit- a lot of his interview is here, but hearing the actual interview and the emotion is much better
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...hannel_their_anger_in_to_league_wins/?ref=rss

Last edited:
if we lose Bil we wll lose our most indisciplined player in a blues shirt, tell me who else shows this much indiscipline this season

Amended to reflect something that could also be said.

It's incredible how the word passion is misused in football circles.

He has won us games and for the first people say he cost us the game yesterday, I disagree with that there were other players on the pitch aswell

Problem is, he wasn't on the pitch was he?

No-one else can give the thumbs-up gesture like Mohsni. That's passion:unsure:

Back