• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In and around Cleethorpes!

KrustyTheKray

President
Click on the link below for a great guide of where to eat and drink.

I'm looking foward to it already, just hope its a nice day  
smile.gif

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/581_eatdrink.html

Theres this site as well of attractions in and around the area!
Many people going up for the weekend or overnight?

http://www.cleethorpes-online.co.uk/

Look at this list of celebrities with a link to Cleethorpes, some of these are surely codswallop
biggrin.gif

Cringing Cult of Celebrity (Famous residents and ex-residents.)

Roy "Chubby" Brown. Zinidine Zidane. the guy who plays Lee Hunter in Hollyoaks, and the one who plays Bombhead. The bloke who says "get of my train" in Ghost. Englebert Humperdink. Nick Barmby. The drummer from the Happy Mondays. Michael Jackson. Craaaaid Daaaavid. Snoop Doggy Dogg. 50 Cent has a holiday home near the beach. Liam and Noel Gallagher's fat older brother, Paul. Mark Owen. Lou Bega. Howard from Take That. The fat one out of Right Said Fred. Both the queers out the Pet Shop Boys and Osama Bin Laden.
Julie Peasgood, shes been in a few soaps, Vicky Lee Taylor, always in the newspaper for something or other, also in a few kids tv shows, shes too over the top and wooden.
Ned Glover from Emmerdale, that woman from Hollyoaks with the long blonde hair,
what ever happened to demon king, the bloke who used to wander around freeman st and elanor street saying giz a fag? people who went to the art college when it was down elanor st may remember him.
Can you remember that song 'Sunshine After The Rain'? "I wanna see the sunshine after the rain, I wanna see bluebirds flying over the mountains again..." pretty popular club tune in the mid-90s. Well that was by Berry, and she's from Cleethorpes.
smile.gif

That woman who was Sarah Fergusun's aide, u know the one that killed her husband.It was all over the Evening Telegraph!!!Does maverick MP Austin Mitchell count??LH
Mrs Mangle from Neighbours John Hurt ( of 1984 fame)
john lees
charltons the old "alex club"onthe front the gaffer was married to ALEXANDRA BASTEDO that stunner from the 70s but she aint been around else i wouldknow
Johnny Leese........Roys dad from Emmerdale
Haydn Taylor 1897-1962 - channel swimmer, and the first man to swim the Humber.
Julie Peasgood (yuk)
Famous residents include FBI Bill,as hes known,who is made famous for his boy racing tendancies at the age of 70. Granted he has no car he just hangs around the arcades and Train station exposing himself to everyone. Signhills area is alive with all the young drinkers in summer but it houses a celebrity to be his name no-one knows,but it is rumoured he is in love with a girl 1 year his junior. He is said to frequent the above named pubs and "teen cider spots" and once I know the name it shall be posted
Damon Alburn from blur went into Willy's pub one night ... is that fame or what??!!! thats it nobody wants to live in cleethorpes their scared of the harmless boy racers ah but some of them are girls too..
Cleethorpes has no famous residents to my knowledge but most will turn up with the Yorkshire summer invasion
Big Daddy aka Shirley Crabtree RIP John Hurt apparently
seth from emmerdale, mrs mangle was born in cleethorpes, and the guy who wrote thriller for micheal jackson lived in humberston
Johnny Leeze hanging out his seafront flat with his Emmerdale mates
Ex resident: Vivean Gray (MRs Mangle off Neighbours)
Norman Lamont's mother
Patricia Hodge
Julie Peasgood

Oh God dammit. What's the point in me knowing trivia if I can't remember it?? Need Napster to help me out.

I've heard via Jonesy tap-in that one of Robbie Williams' most famous songs was writtne by a guy in Cleethorpes.

If I had a memory, I'd say Angels or Let Me Entertain You.

I will be staying in Nottingham for the Saturday, I've booked it under a false name so if we don't make we'll make the long trip back to Southend directly.

How many do people think we'll take - I thought about 2,000.

Four of us have booked into the Premier Travel Inn in Grimsby. £40 a room, Bargain!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 02 2005,23:49)]Oh God dammit.  What's the point in me knowing trivia if I can't remember it??  Need Napster to help me out.

I've heard via Jonesy tap-in that one of Robbie Williams' most famous songs was writtne by a guy in Cleethorpes.

If I had a memory, I'd say Angels or Let Me Entertain You.
Guy Chambers wrote both of those and I don't think he came from Cleethorpes.

Back