• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In case you missed the announcement.

There’s been some good points on here and there may be things the mods miss sometimes, either blatant or underlying. We’re not perfect either and have to really try hard to see all perspectives.

For what it’s worth I think we’re all a bit tired and ‘politicsed out’ at the moment what with a decade of fixing the banking mess and now Brexit. We are reflective of wider society and in my view the best way through this period is to all (not just mods) try harder than ever to be restrained and always play the post not the poster. In other words try to stick to specifics not emotion and when others do, try to take the heat out of a misstep not pour oil on it.

Another thing one or two could remember on both sides is that being the one left shouting at the end of an argument doesn’t automatically make you right. You’ve quite possibly just bored everyone off. Not getting a further response to your challenge is not necessarily (probably hardly ever - on any side of an argument) a sign of victory.

Here is a perfect example of why the politics threads are where we are now. The Mods/management need to realise that ....

What the mods are quickly realising is that it's just a very small group of posters who are ruining the experience for everyone else, and how quick they are to point the finger of blame at each other (he's making unsubstantiated arguments, she's posting unacceptable right/left wing views, people are getting fed up with this poster). What we've seen many times before is how lack of respect in one place of the forum quickly spreads to other parts, and we care too much about this place to let that happen.

Those who we've reached out to already know that it their approach continues, they'll be banned from the politics forum. If it still doesn't resolve itself from there, we'll shut the politics forum down completely.

Another thing one or two could remember on both sides is that being the one left shouting at the end of an argument doesn’t automatically make you right. You’ve quite possibly just bored everyone off. Not getting a further response to your challenge is not necessarily (probably hardly ever - on any side of an argument) a sign of victory.
Perhaps it might help to cool things down by refraining from expressions like 'Momentum thugs' and 'Trots' to defame perfectly legitimate Labour Party supporters.

Perhaps it might help to cool things down by refraining from expressions like 'Momentum thugs' and 'Trots' to defame perfectly legitimate Labour Party supporters.

I did just say that we are all responsible and human for it. That includes me. That includes you. I hope we can rely on you to join in making a real effort to help counter some of the confrontational nature the politics forum.

Jesus we are a football fans site, not some political debate forum, which it now seems we have been overtaken by.... This will not continue, the animosity created amongst fans of our club when that is all we are really about, is becoming untenable.

I did just say that we are all responsible and human for it. That includes me. That includes you. I hope we can rely on you to join in making a real effort to help counter some of the confrontational nature the politics forum.
100% agree, it's the issues, not the personal digs that should be the focus.

Back