• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In case you missed the announcement.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
The Politics forum is a rat race of individual choices. We accept everybodies opinion on the topics discussed in there. The reason we separated that topic from the pub forum was because it was getting out of hand... IT IS once again and we find ourselves moderating between members and their politcal views.. This must stop from here on..Have your views by any means but respect others and theirs... We do no want to close this forum but we also do not need the grief it brings us..Behave, grow up and respect other members views.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that it can only go so far John I do believe I should be able to call someone a slightly derogatory name just as I would if we were having the conversation/argument/disagreement down a pub. If I think someone is being a bit of a 'melt' (I was reported for that) or I think he's being a nob then isn't it that persons sensitivity level that's the problem, not the name calling?

Or perhaps we have to take it as read that everyone's skin thickness is wafer thin :Winking2:

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that it can only go so far John I do believe I should be able to call someone a slightly derogatory name just as I would if we were having the conversation/argument/disagreement down a pub. If I think someone is being a bit of a 'melt' (I was reported for that) or I think he's being a nob then isn't it that persons sensitivity level that's the problem, not the name calling?

Or perhaps we have to take it as read that everyone's skin thickness is wafer thin :Winking2:

But this is not a pub per-se. Its a forum when posts are replied to at a later date, not instantly as would be that way of banter. Everybody is thin these days. We are filled by those in power who are trying to brainwash us all

Fair play & fair rules, properly stated Cricko.
It would, imo, help if people could make their post/point, answer a reply to it BUT from then on NOT keep repeating the same pointless repeated points in an almost pantomime or Westminster manner.
A pov does not become a better, stronger point if shouted louder and more repeatedly, usually.

It’s nothing to do with thick skins, sensitivities or taking offence. If we can’t argue the point without calling people names, then this place will just descend into the type of cesspit that you’ll find in the Daily Mail comments section.

Honestly though, does not resorting to personal abuse as a rule of the Zone actually need explaining?

Depends what you consider personal abuse and what you consider banter I suppose. I'd hazard a guess we differ on that score.

Abuse is one thing. Calling someone a 'melt'.....for want of a better word......is something else IMO.

Happy to abide by the rules though.

Depends what you consider personal abuse and what you consider banter I suppose. I'd hazard a guess we differ on that score.

Abuse is one thing. Calling someone a 'melt'.....for want of a better word......is something else IMO.

I think we’ve got a nice healthy flow of banter across the board and no one’s talking about killing that. Banter is generally something we do with our mates and it comes with good intentions. It’s been clear for some time that the lack of respect exchanged between certain posters in the politics forum is something completely different and the environment has just been getting worse and worse.

Happy to abide by the rules though.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Doesn't help when certain posters make claims that they cannot back up and cannot provide evidence for and yet repeatedly do it when called out.

Doesn't help when certain posters make claims that they cannot back up and cannot provide evidence for and yet repeatedly do it when called out.

You mean like the Exiled One who threw insulting accusations of Islamaphobia around yesterday, and has since refused to provide proof, or retract the statement?

I agree, that kind of behaviour should be curtailed

You mean like the Exiled One who threw insulting accusations of Islamaphobia around yesterday, and has since refused to provide proof, or retract the statement?

I agree, that kind of behaviour should be curtailed
Islamphobia is all over that thread, including the classic 'all muslims should be banned'. It's a favourite trope of the racist to excuse himself by saying it was banter or tongue in cheek. Then there was the old chestnut about honour killings, which was dragged in albeit completely irrelevant. Then the one about coming to England to get benefits. None so blind as those who cannot see, or rather refuse to recognise it.

Islamphobia is all over that thread, including the classic 'all muslims should be banned'. It's a favourite trope of the racist to excuse himself by saying it was banter or tongue in cheek. Then there was the old chestnut about honour killings, which was dragged in albeit completely irrelevant. Then the one about coming to England to get benefits. None so blind as those who cannot see, or rather refuse to recognise it.

Here is a perfect example of why the politics threads are where we are now. The Mods/management need to realise that continually calling people racist etc is worse than calling someone a melt. It started way back before the Brexit vote and has never been checked.

For to long the first to insult have been the first to run to teacher when they get the same back.

This very subject was bought up in the East Stand v Pompey. So for those of you who tell me personally why you feel like the silent majority.....Now is the time to speak, its your club, its your team and although its not your forum, you do have the right to post on here without feeling you will be targeted by the same left leaning culprits.

Mimicking Donald Trump isn’t a racist trope that I know of. That’s just far-left rhetoric.

Honour killings still happen today, in this country no less. Discussing it isn’t racist. More far-left rhetoric.

Discussing the downsides to Economic Immigration is not racist. It’s economics.

It’s interesting how you determine acts of racist behaviour, whilst failing to acknowledge, and then defending the racist behaviour of a certain Labour Cabinet member.

And now Rotherham amd Oldham has been brought up too

Losing value posters? I believe we (SZ) are; AND that this site is becoming less welcoming, more diversive and increasingly annoying. People put their views, state their opinions, and repeat/clarify BUT the insults and hammering ad nausea of the same stuff IS, IMO, depressing. And not just in the politics but other threads, for example we all know some posters don't fancy White, or Turner, or Kites BUT do they need to restate it at every opportunity? without anything new.
Please, please Men, Ladies I used to enjoy my SZ sessions and the postings of some of our now silent/departed members. Change is needed.

Back