• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News In-form Matt Rush bags brace for Southend United in narrow defeat to Fulham

Well done to him. Find the comments I’ve seen on Twitter under the article a bit frustrating though. Essentially saying bring him in, he can score our goals.
Yes our forwards have been poor this year. But surely we can trust the reason he hasn’t been included this year is because he isn’t ready. Let’s not pressurise another young kid into feeling like he has to be our saviour. Matts time will come! Keep pushing on lad:Clap:

Well done to him. Find the comments I’ve seen on Twitter under the article a bit frustrating though. Essentially saying bring him in, he can score our goals.
Yes our forwards have been poor this year. But surely we can trust the reason he hasn’t been included this year is because he isn’t ready. Let’s not pressurise another young kid into feeling like he has to be our saviour. Matts time will come! Keep pushing on lad:Clap:
I think though he has earned himself maybe a sub appearance

Surely he is worth a little 10 - 15 min run out in games. We have zero ideas up front so he cannot be worse than what we have. He missed a sitter I know start of the season but the team he as playing in then was a car crash, we look far more solid now and a fox in the box might be what we need to nick a goal or two that could well keep us up. Acquah, love him or hate him might have his attributes but by god shooting is not one of them - He reminds me of a centre back up front, except he cant head. But before some of the more sensitive members of the Emile fan club call for my execution, he has a Fellani god like touch on balls off his chest, brings the ball down like a dream. He may yet come good, he is only a young lad but someone needs to help him learn how to swing his leg when he is kicking on goal :) I'd love for that fox in the box to be Goodship but he thinks he is Harry Kane and can start an attacking move from a Prilo position deep in midfield....no mate...go sit on the 6 yard line and wait for the keeper to parry a Ferguson pile driver or a Emile Bobbler

Give him a chance, because it’s quite clear that Akinola, Acquah and Goodship couldn’t score in a brothel.

Don’t necessarily think he’s the answer. We thought Norman Wabo and Jason Williams were going to have an impact after scoring loads for the youth team and they didn’t. But we might as well give him a go at this stage, even if only from the bench. He can’t have any less impact than Goodship.

Unfortunately I bet he doesn't even make the bench. MM will probably bring Dieng back up front for Tuesday.

Back