• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News In-form Southend United defender Elvis Bwomono eyes call up for Uganda

I'm fully aware of the position he plays in, I have seen the vast majority of his games for us. I was simply offering an option in reply to what Lincoln Shrimp stated.

Lincoln Shrimp said:
Great guy and always gives 100%, but can't defend and that will always hold him back.

Yeah and?

I was simply saying he’s a right back not a right midfielder.....reason being (in my opinion) his attacking is his weak area not his defending

21 and people still critical of minor details of his game that aren’t in place yet ?

More amazing is the people making those judgments probably haven’t played organized football since they left school ??

Greatest game in the world

You’re right, he has a great future ahead of him
Funny, I wouldn't call defending (which he is extremely limited at), a minor detail.

Can't knock him for effort but he isn't good enough at this level. Him and Ralph have become a dream come true for all league 1 (and Dover) wide players.

Can't knock him for effort but he isn't good enough at this level. Him and Ralph have become a dream come true for all league 1 (and Dover) wide players.
What great support some people give our academy players encouraging them and realising they are still early in their career. Personally think your comment is crap

What great support some people give our academy players encouraging them and realising they are still early in their career. Personally think your comment is crap

Just being honest, just because they are from our youth team doesn't auto qualify them as good first team players. I'm not sure how comments on shrimperzone correlates to 'support' either. It's only a message board!

Just being honest, just because they are from our youth team doesn't auto qualify them as good first team players. I'm not sure how comments on shrimperzone correlates to 'support' either. It's only a message board!
Bit hard to judge an predict a youngster saying he’s not good enough, yes it is a message board and whilst not saying your one of them, honestly, am I the the only one ****ed off at games with so called fans slagging off our youngsters trying to improve with no help from some elder teamates sic. Some League 1 and 2 supporters are becoming like premiership glory hunters instant success or discard, not aimed at you Westy

Bit hard to judge an predict a youngster saying he’s not good enough, yes it is a message board and whilst not saying your one of them, honestly, am I the the only one ****ed off at games with so called fans slagging off our youngsters trying to improve with no help from some elder teamates sic. Some League 1 and 2 supporters are becoming like premiership glory hunters instant success or discard, not aimed at you Westy

Currently I don't think he is good enough. Maybe he will come good? I don't slag any of our players off in games its not productive however critism is part of life. Sometimes my staff get moaned at by the people they support even when they don't do anything wrong due to frustration of the problem.

Just to add that I believe Elvis is doing the best he can unlike some others.

Not what we need right now !!!! so that's potentially 3 squad members now that fly off to play for mickey mouse teams, then again who are we to complain.

These are national teams, not mickey mouse teams. No prouder thing than to represent your country.

If he was moving to Col Ewe I could understand your comment.

Consistent form hahaha what planet is he on? Yeah he tries but he is right back in the worst defence the football league has seen in 50 years come on pal

Yeah. Anyone else could be dropped for various reasons and they couldn’t complain. Elvis is the only one that I would be confused by if he got left out

That’s a different statement and explanation altogether.

No other player worth his shirt is a bit harsh....

Bishop
Ralph
Elvis
Shaughnessy
Dieng
Macca (sometimes)
Hopper
Hutchinson

All have at least looked like they are willing to work, try and care and can claim to be worth their shirt....their form may not always be at the level you’d want but I’m not sure their effort levels could be questioned....

However I agree with your second statement that you can argue for or against nearly all players and if anyone was dropped you’d be hard pressed to say there can be no reason...

Last edited:
Back