• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News In-form Southend United defender Elvis Bwomono eyes call up for Uganda

I goal that I'm aware of .I'm sure you can supply us with the stats for his assists.

He's still raw and naive at times, and yes, probably over rated by some. However he did get the important assist for Humphrys goal against Sunderland, and has been player of the month three times in a row.

If he's as bad as some here are suggesting, what does that say about the rest of the squad? Pick on those who deserve it, Elvis is the least of our problems.

That’s a different statement and explanation altogether.

No other player worth his shirt is a bit harsh....

Bishop
Ralph
Elvis
Shaughnessy
Dieng
Macca (sometimes)
Hopper
Hutchinson

All have at least looked like they are willing to work, try and care and can claim to be worth their shirt....their form may not always be at the level you’d want but I’m not sure their effort levels could be questioned....

However I agree with your second statement that you can argue for or against nearly all players and if anyone was dropped you’d be hard pressed to say there can be no reason...

I more or less agree with your list TB, I'd have question marks over Ralph and Shaughnessy, as well as Macca, but feel all could come good. We have White, Kyrprianou and Barratt to come back too.

Anyone not mentioned so far, we need to try to move on in January. Probably easier said than done though, we haven't managed to off Ridgewell yet afterall.

Elvis needs to improve to forge out a longer football league career. In my opinion the Maldon right back was better on Friday night.

Elvis has been a mainstay of a defence that has shipped probably close to 100 goals in a calendar year, and won about 10 games.

I am not slagging him off, as he does do some good stuff, and is improving, but a fit and firing Demetriou would be head and shoulders above Elvis.

If he was a Prem youngster on loan or someone we had brought in, he would not be getting so much slack.

Is he young enough to improve, certainly, however if he doesn’t have a major step up he will be in the National league for the rest of his career.

Can't knock him for effort but he isn't good enough at this level. Him and Ralph have become a dream come true for all league 1 (and Dover) wide players.

Well it’s lucky Sol is the manager and not you. So who would you be playing and left and right back out of interest?

He's still raw and naive at times, and yes, probably over rated by some. However he did get the important assist for Humphrys goal against Sunderland, and has been player of the month three times in a row.

If he's as bad as some here are suggesting, what does that say about the rest of the squad? Pick on those who deserve it, Elvis is the least of our problems.

FWIW, I happen to think that Ralph will be "raw and naive" for the rest of his professional life as a footballer.I just hope that not too much more of it is with us.We badly need a left-back who can play a bit.

Other players in the squad are prime targets for being replaced in January.Millington is one name that comes to mind.

BTW,I was clearly talking about Ralph I have no problem with Elvis whatsoever.

Last edited:
Other players in the squad are prime targets for being replaced in January.Millington is one name that comes to mind.

Yes, dump this Millington guy straight away - I can't remember him even touching the ball this season.

Well it’s lucky Sol is the manager and not you. So who would you be playing and left and right back out of interest?

Lucky only to lose 1-0 against a conference team. That's great isn't it lol!

a) we should of signed a better left back
b) I'd have Demetriou in like a shot. His performance against Scotland was way better than anything we've seen from the two mentioned.

FWIW, I happen to think that Ralph will be "raw and naive" for the rest of his professional life as a footballer.I just hope that not too much more of it is with us.We badly need a left-back who can play a bit.

BTW,I was clearly talking about Ralph I have no problem with Elvis whatsoever.

Apologies if you were referring to Ralph. It certainly wasn't clear though! The previous posts you've replied to in this thread all relate to Elvis, including the one I quoted.

Lucky only to lose 1-0 against a conference team. That's great isn't it lol!

a) we should of signed a better left back
b) I'd have Demetriou in like a shot. His performance against Scotland was way better than anything we've seen from the two mentioned.

a) I agree. I still hope Ralph's performances improve but we need another option, someone better than Blackman.
b) Deme did play well against Scotland but then didn't feature v Belgium. He's not able to play twice a week any more and when he's played for Southend this season he's been worse than Elvis IMO. Plus add in the rumoured poor attitude and I can't see Sol starting him.

a) I agree. I still hope Ralph's performances improve but we need another option, someone better than Blackman.
b) Deme did play well against Scotland but then didn't feature v Belgium. He's not able to play twice a week any more and when he's played for Southend this season he's been worse than Elvis IMO. Plus add in the rumoured poor attitude and I can't see Sol starting him.

From what I know, Demi has one of the best professional attitudes in the squad. For any that have met him -he's a very nice guy off the field but has that 'bite' when on it. Something sorely missed!
The knee has to be managed but if it is and he can be fit for matches I d rather see the team bolstered by a league 1 experienced pro. However, I believe Campbell isn't a fan of managing injuries, hence no/limited game time
He definitely wasn't and isn't the disruptive influence. Other threads have already correctly identified the problem player(s).
Do respect your opinions on who's better though. We all see things differently which is the joy of the forum

Back