• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News In-form Southend United defender Elvis Bwomono eyes call up for Uganda

I think people are a little blinded by Elvis clear and admirable care for the club. Its clear he's over the moon to be playing and I love the fact that he actually gives a damn. He's great with the fans, puts in the effort fans want to see and quite rightly that makes him a very liked player. Add in the fact that he's a young youth player, it has all the ingredients for a fan favorite.

I'll be honest enough to say that I thought he was pretty pants when he first got in the starting 11. However I love the fact that he's improved massively and grown with each game.

Here comes the BUT.

I still think he's a pretty average player as it stands. Not just defending but going forward as well, I think there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Luckily for him, he's got a lot of time on his side and hopefully he'll keep on getting better and improving his game. I do feel that at this time he's a bit overrated but what else have we got to get excited about!

Good luck to him and I hope he only gets better!

I think people are a little blinded by Elvis clear and admirable care for the club. Its clear he's over the moon to be playing and I love the fact that he actually gives a damn. He's great with the fans, puts in the effort fans want to see and quite rightly that makes him a very liked player. Add in the fact that he's a young youth player, it has all the ingredients for a fan favorite.

I'll be honest enough to say that I thought he was pretty pants when he first got in the starting 11. However I love the fact that he's improved massively and grown with each game.

Here comes the BUT.

I still think he's a pretty average player as it stands. Not just defending but going forward as well, I think there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Luckily for him, he's got a lot of time on his side and hopefully he'll keep on getting better and improving his game. I do feel that at this time he's a bit overrated but what else have we got to get excited about!

Good luck to him and I hope he only gets better!

Good shout Matty, that's just about what I think and feel about him at the moment. The overrated bit, and for that matter, the ultra criticism, says more about some of our posters than anything else.

Does it matter or make a difference that our young players are actually having to carry the responsibility at the club in the absence of good senior pros, in a struggling side?

I think they have earned their places and would still be playing (and better) in a better side rather than some on here that think in a better side they wouldn’t be playing!

For them to still do well in such a struggling side adds value to their merits for me rather than take away from them.

Does anyone think Mason Mount or any of the Chelsea youngsters would look so good without playing alongside the likes of Willian, Kante, Jorginho, Aspicueta? Foden without Silva? Trent Alex Arnold without VIrgil Van Dyke?

We moan about how bad Kiernan / Lennon / Shaugnessy are and then hang Elvis out at 21 yrs old as finding it hard or having some gaps in his game being exposed....

We say we have the worst midfield in history, with 19 yr old Isaac Hutchinson still excelling, but when he doesn’t track a runner we say he’s only in the side cos the options are so bad....

Imagine how good the both of them would be (as with Bishop behind a decent defence) if they had good players around them?

Does it matter or make a difference that our young players are actually having to carry the responsibility at the club in the absence of good senior pros, in a struggling side?

I think they have earned their places and would still be playing (and better) in a better side rather than some on here that think in a better side they wouldn’t be playing!

For them to still do well in such a struggling side adds value to their merits for me rather than take away from them.

Does anyone think Mason Mount or any of the Chelsea youngsters would look so good without playing alongside the likes of Willian, Kante, Jorginho, Aspicueta? Foden without Silva? Trent Alex Arnold without VIrgil Van Dyke?

We moan about how bad Kiernan / Lennon / Shaugnessy are and then hang Elvis out at 21 yrs old as finding it hard or having some gaps in his game being exposed....

We say we have the worst midfield in history, with 19 yr old Isaac Hutchinson still excelling, but when he doesn’t track a runner we say he’s only in the side cos the options are so bad....

Imagine how good the both of them would be (as with Bishop behind a decent defence) if they had good players around them?

Chicken and egg though. Are we a bad side because the youngsters are in it, or are the youngsters in the side because it is bad?

Probably a bit of both.

Chicken and egg though. Are we a bad side because the youngsters are in it, or are the youngsters in the side because it is bad?

Probably a bit of both.

No. I think they’re in it because they’re good. Are they good enough to carry the rest, no. Are they good enough to get in other sides yes definitely.

Back