• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question In game protests?

That's where the problem is. Collymore has been bought in to appease the fans, I'm not quite sure who's playing who right now between them both.
This is not true. And as a supporter you should be concentrating on solutions rather than continually questioning clearly set out and contextual conversations.

The moritorium is my idea and mine alone. I stated clearly in the zoom meeting that I am a "let's protest" advocate because often it works.

But the realpolitik today is that there are a hundred pieces of Southend United on the floor and sensible solutions have to be offered up to put those pieces together.

If you have some, add them and email them to me and I'll make sure they're heard but don't stand on the sidelines and shout for the sake of it because everyone is absolutely sure that's not working.

Goodness knows what I've done to 3 or 4 of you on here but it comes across as just irrational bitterness rather than anything coherent or constructive, and that's fine, your opinion but I'm here to help and help I can and will, so lend me some positive energy as the vast majority are.

We need everyone.

This is not true. And as a supporter you should be concentrating on solutions rather than continually questioning clearly set out and contextual conversations.

The moritorium is my idea and mine alone. I stated clearly in the zoom meeting that I am a "let's protest" advocate because often it works.

But the realpolitik today is that there are a hundred pieces of Southend United on the floor and sensible solutions have to be offered up to put those pieces together.

If you have some, add them and email them to me and I'll make sure they're heard but don't stand on the sidelines and shout for the sake of it because everyone is absolutely sure that's not working.

Goodness knows what I've done to 3 or 4 of you on here but it comes across as just irrational bitterness rather than anything coherent or constructive, and that's fine, your opinion but I'm here to help and help I can and will, so lend me some positive energy as the vast majority are.

We need everyone.
If there are only 3 or 4 dissenting voices, that's a good result on the internet where no one agrees 100% on anything. People are entitled to question, but you don't need them Stan. Thick skin and all that.

I - and the vast majority on here I suspect - are grateful and will give you all the positive energy you need.

Ron does get star struck by the way. He might think you're a maverick, but you will hold sway.

We need everyone.
Great response Stan. the majority on here can see the passion you have for the situation and the good you are trying to achieve. For me after watching the zoom last night and then the news late last night that you are indeed involved on the new management front speaks volumes. You bought Tom Lawrence in and i think all agree that he is doing a very good job under very difficult circumstances. If you can get a similar character in as manager or help choose the right man then its another step in the right direction. There are two sides to this situation. Ron and the new ground and the state of the team on the pitch. Both need to be resolved one way or the other but at the moment key is backing the team home and away, the new manager especially and get the team to mid table security at least for this season.

Whether you agree or disagree with the protests, I do believe they have had a decent influence on matters off the pitch.

Back end of last season the protests started (albeit pretty tame compared to the last week) but that resulted in a CEO being appointed and transfer business started early. Then somewhat of a lull in the off season.

Fast forward to the last week, protests turn up a huge notch, we’ve seen the management sacked, possibly more to follow. Southend Council have now given a firm date for final approval on FF. They are also feeling the heat as seen by the quotes from Cllr Ms Mulroney:

"People are disgruntled about how the club is doing at the moment but I would hope that doesn't cause problems.

"The process has to go through committee and we can't defer it because we have a crowd of angry people."

Add in what would appear greater and legitimate involvement from Stan at the club. Are things starting to turn? Has the penny dropped with Ron? We shall see…

But in my mind I have no doubt the scenes of last week and the back end of last season, whether you agree with them or not, have certainly given all parties involved a big kick up the arse. We’d all rather see pitch invasions under more happy circumstances. But I think those involved have certainly assisted in turning the screw. Perhaps this just had to happen? To that end I am pleased with what has followed thus far and I hope we start to see proper positive progression now on and off the pitch. If not, then the club cannot be surprised at what will inevitably follow. The warning signs have been made loud and clear.
Do you agree with Stan where he said maybe we should hold off on the protests I do disagree only because it give Martin more time to destroy our club

We need everyone.
Hi Stan you mentioned in the zoom call for us to hold off on the protests to give the new manager time us as fans give the manager time we are right behind the new manager whoever that is. This is a chairman who has destroyed our club for 20 years and is still doing. From listening on the zoom call of your plan I’m right behind you and support you. Yeah Ron won’t sell the club until he has his stadium

Do you agree with Stan where he said maybe we should hold off on the protests I do disagree only because it give Martin more time to destroy our club
If Ron is taking action that most agree with, such as sacking the managerial team that have to take most of the responsibility for this season at least, and has also managed to get the stadium in front of committee, I'm interested to know how continuing the protests benefits everyone?

Personally I saw value in the protests but it's clear that he's listening. It's also clear he doesn't want the club to fail.

New management team, clean slate from the fans for a few weeks at least. It has to be, surely? Because ultimately Ron is not responsible for the performances on the pitch. His managerial selections have been poor but he's decided to utilise Stan and Tom this time rather than just ring up Harry Redknapp. It feels like, for once, there's a process. We're not paying people late at the moment, we're not under embargoes. These are among the reasons we're where we are, but they are not current issues.

I want Ron Martin gone as much as the next person, but at the moment, I am not sure what the protests will benefit us with a new management team in place to try and lift a fragile group of players.

A ceasefire is a no-brainer.

Yeah - it's only taken him 20 years so far - do wish he'd hurry up

We need everyone.
I don’t think the poster was questioning your reasoning or motivations, I think he was questioning Ron’s

I do think that the protests have had an impact on Ron, look he is not going to go, no way, would you, if you was going to be set up for the rest of your life, just having to wait a little bit longer for it to happen.

What the protest has achieved is that it has made Ron listen, made Ron think, possibly made Ron to re visit Stanley’s offer for assistance. Ron’s not a fool, what’s the point of a big football ground with relatively no football club to play there.

I believe we have achieved what we set out do, and that was to achieve CHANGE. That has led to Brown gone, Fagen gone, RD stepping down, Stan possibly inside the club pushing us in the right direction, and the hope that due to Stanley’s influence, we have a good manager on the way.

NOW, let’s give, the club a chance to breath, to re structure and to prepare for our bright new future.

This is possibly the closest we are to being a Phoenix.
Starting fresh and new.

So let’s for the time being lay of the protests and get right behind ALL at the club.

COME ON SOUTHEND, COME ON YOU BLUES. - WE BELIEVE.

Whether you agree or disagree with the protests, I do believe they have had a decent influence on matters off the pitch.

Back end of last season the protests started (albeit pretty tame compared to the last week) but that resulted in a CEO being appointed and transfer business started early. Then somewhat of a lull in the off season.

Fast forward to the last week, protests turn up a huge notch, we’ve seen the management sacked, possibly more to follow. Southend Council have now given a firm date for final approval on FF. They are also feeling the heat as seen by the quotes from Cllr Ms Mulroney:

"People are disgruntled about how the club is doing at the moment but I would hope that doesn't cause problems.

"The process has to go through committee and we can't defer it because we have a crowd of angry people."

Add in what would appear greater and legitimate involvement from Stan at the club. Are things starting to turn? Has the penny dropped with Ron? We shall see…

But in my mind I have no doubt the scenes of last week and the back end of last season, whether you agree with them or not, have certainly given all parties involved a big kick up the arse. We’d all rather see pitch invasions under more happy circumstances. But I think those involved have certainly assisted in turning the screw. Perhaps this just had to happen? To that end I am pleased with what has followed thus far and I hope we start to see proper positive progression now on and off the pitch. If not, then the club cannot be surprised at what will inevitably follow. The warning signs have been made loud and clear.
Don't say that Smiffy, most of our fans just want to have a moan at the younger supporters, not admit that any protest has actually done some good. You'll upset them!

Constant, lawful, direct action against Ron Martin.
To put it metaphorically, our boot, his neck.
Never let up. It’s a sign of weakness.
As Tom Petty once said “I won’t back down. Gonna stand my ground. Gonna save my club”. Ain’t no easy way out boys!

Back