• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In it to win it ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Racked off with the pessimists all over this board I was falling asleep last night
realisingthere was no reason why we can't win this league ....

after all Barney is going to stay fit and hit 25 gals - Freedman is going to play
only 23 games and contribute 17 goals, James Walker will be killer super sub and Laurent will play 30 games and return 15 goals -

Grant and JFC will completely tie up the midield and Moussa will be the most sought after player outside the prem ...

Francis will suddenly learn how to focus and be a superb overlapping full back and .......

well you get the picture -

remember we were the form team of 2009 last season and only hoof it Clarke and never passes Theo have gone -

everything to play for and we'll beat Huddersfield on teh opening day

Only player of the year, a centre back who was way too good for this league, our second top scorer who was only here for 5 months have gone.
And we have replaced them with no one and col ewes 4th choice centre back but have signed a creative centre mid and a full back too.
I'm usually quite optimistic but with very little money available compared to the like of Udders, Leeds, Norwich, Brighton, etc. We have no chance ofnwinning the league this year, play offs would be a great achievement but I'm expecting mid table.

Racked off with the pessimists all over this board I was falling asleep last night

after all Barney is going to stay fit and hit 25 gals - Freedman is going to play
only 23 games and contribute 17 goals, James Walker will be killer super sub and Laurent will play 30 games and return 15 goals -

Grant and JFC will completely tie up the midield and Moussa will be the most sought after player outside the prem ...

Francis will suddenly learn how to focus and be a superb overlapping full back and .......

well you get the picture -

remember we were the form team of 2009 last season and only hoof it Clarke and never passes Theo have gone -

everything to play for and we'll beat Huddersfield on teh opening day

You certainly do have everything to play for and the league expects a good run from you in the second half of the season as usual. The squad looks a bit thin in places, but midfield is well covered and as far as I am concerned, that is where Tilly has always had you strong since I first took notice in 2004.

'hoof it Clarke' if you are referring to Peter, will have had his 'hoof it' tendencies coached out of him in no time by Derek Fazackerley under the instruction of Lee Clark. We had our own 'Hoof it Clarke' in Nathan, but now he is master of the short telling pass;)

'Never passes Theo' is improving slowly and now when the net is bulging he begins to wonder whether he should have considered a pass for an easier option!

I guess I'm probably over-staying my welcome, so I won't trouble you again until after the 8th. Good luck lads and I hope your last pre season week gives reason to lift the apparent mood of gloom on here.

You will be fine and will probably stuff us despite our optimism.

I guess I'm probably over-staying my welcome, so I won't trouble you again until after the 8th. Good luck lads and I hope your last pre season week gives reason to lift the apparent mood of gloom on here.

In all seriousness I don't think we could have asked for a much tougher game to start (well at least we're at home I guess).

Personally I think we'll do OK this season with this squad, I don't believe we'll make top 6 but certainly if we weren't in the top half I'd be very dsappointed. If the young centre-back is as good as Brushy thinks he is though then signing him at the end of August even on loan would be a massive boost. Let's all look at the bigger picture though, the main thing this season is to make sure we're not in any danger whatsoever of relegation and also to hopefully press on and get the builders on site for Fossetts Farm.

Good luck to you dichotomy and all the best for the new season (well for 44 games anyway!).

;)

Last edited:

aw shucks - i wanted to get insulting

racked off with the pessimists all over this board i was falling asleep last night

After all barney is going to stay fit and hit 25 gals - freedman is going to play
only 23 games and contribute 17 goals, james walker will be killer super sub and laurent will play 30 games and return 15 goals -

grant and jfc will completely tie up the midield and moussa will be the most sought after player outside the prem ...

Well you get the picture -

remember we were the form team of 2009 last season and only hoof it clarke and never passes theo have gone -

everything to play for and we'll beat huddersfield on teh opening day

and then you woke up and realised it was all a dream.

Back