• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News In Memoriam - Boxing Day v Colchester

geoffmundo

Manager⭐
Apologies if this has been already covered, but the Club has announced that the Boxing Day fixture will be the match to remember fallen fellow supporters in the last year. This is particularly poignant for me as my Father died on Monday night after a long illness. Like many others my Dad is the reason why I support Southend United FC and I have passed this on to my son. I can never remember if his first game was the Brentwood or Kings Lynn cup games in 1968, but it was one or the other. He then took me a few games later.

You only have until Sunday evening to email the club with name, home town and age full details on web site to be included in the programme (if i knew how to upload the link I would have done!)

Link below

Apologies if this has been already covered, but the Club has announced that the Boxing Day fixture will be the match to remember fallen fellow supporters in the last year. This is particularly poignant for me as my Father died on Monday night after a long illness. Like many others my Dad is the reason why I support Southend United FC and I have passed this on to my son. I can never remember if his first game was the Brentwood or Kings Lynn cup games in 1968, but it was one or the other. He then took me a few games later.

You only have until Sunday evening to email the club with name, home town and age full details on web site to be included in the programme (if i knew how to upload the link I would have done!)
Just to say..... Hope you're doing ok 'geoffmundo'. I did read your previous post about this. Rotten time of year to lose loved ones (I realise there's no good time!)
Hope it's one of those ' celebrate his life' situations if its at all possible. Lost my dad when I was 11 and my mum last year both had a huge connection with both southend area and the club).
My mum and dad were also the initial reason I followed southend before more recent connections. My first experience was being just able to see over the wall at the front of the East (standing with loads of other kids with my dad just behind me) and a skidding clearance getting me full on in the face and knocking me over! (My first header! ). was in the Billy best period.
I hope you have lots of happy memories of him associated with the club to treasure and comfort you both now and in future.
I'm sure he'd have loved to know he's going to be in the programme for the game - great thing to do. It will hopefully help you too knowing how much he'd have appreciated it.
Hope you have as good a Xmas as possible - best wishes along with the condolences

Apologies for not having responded to your loss, my deepest condolences.

Just to say..... Hope you're doing ok 'geoffmundo'. I did read your previous post about this. Rotten time of year to lose loved ones (I realise there's no good time!)
Hope it's one of those ' celebrate his life' situations if its at all possible. Lost my dad when I was 11 and my mum last year both had a huge connection with both southend area and the club).
My mum and dad were also the initial reason I followed southend before more recent connections. My first experience was being just able to see over the wall at the front of the East (standing with loads of other kids with my dad just behind me) and a skidding clearance getting me full on in the face and knocking me over! (My first header! ). was in the Billy best period.
I hope you have lots of happy memories of him associated with the club to treasure and comfort you both now and in future.
I'm sure he'd have loved to know he's going to be in the programme for the game - great thing to do. It will hopefully help you too knowing how much he'd have appreciated it.
Hope you have as good a Xmas as possible - best wishes along with the condolences

Thank you ITK thats very kind and much appreciated and yes I think I must have had similar experiences to you (with the exception of being hit in the face with the ball - although that happened to my son at the Bristol city Shaun Goater farewell game, and he had his face painted too!). Yeah I remember as a 7-8 year old sitting on the wall in the South Bank legs pitch side and being told off by the local Bobby only to put our legs back when his back was turned.

Yes we (my sons & Nephew) have plenty of good memories with him both whether it was away trip to York city on a pre Christmas trip or Stamford Bridge with Peter Clarke's equaliser and being a Geordie, my Dad enjoyed the New Year Days match in old Division one when we beat Newcastle 4-0 to go top although his favourite was probably the Man U game. So many memories both at RH or elsewhere, not so many over the last 5/6 years due to his failing health.

At the end of the day, players, Managers even owners come and go, but for us supporters our lives are shaped in so many ways by this football club. Thank you again and I hope you have a good Christmas too.

Thank you ITK thats very kind and much appreciated and yes I think I must have had similar experiences to you (with the exception of being hit in the face with the ball - although that happened to my son at the Bristol city Shaun Goater farewell game, and he had his face painted too!). Yeah I remember as a 7-8 year old sitting on the wall in the South Bank legs pitch side and being told off by the local Bobby only to put our legs back when his back was turned.

Yes we (my sons & Nephew) have plenty of good memories with him both whether it was away trip to York city on a pre Christmas trip or Stamford Bridge with Peter Clarke's equaliser and being a Geordie, my Dad enjoyed the New Year Days match in old Division one when we beat Newcastle 4-0 to go top although his favourite was probably the Man U game. So many memories both at RH or elsewhere, not so many over the last 5/6 years due to his failing health.

At the end of the day, players, Managers even owners come and go, but for us supporters our lives are shaped in so many ways by this football club. Thank you again and I hope you have a good Christmas too.
Thank you
sounds like loads of good memories. Hope you make plenty more in the future

Back