• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ol blue eyes

Coach
For those who may not be aware and want to be present, at the match tomorrow (our first home game of the year) SUFC will be remembering all their supporters who have sadly passed away last year. I have been informed that this will take place about 5 minutes before kick-off. Names will be displayed on the score board during which a minute's applause will be held. They will also appear in the match day programme.

I would respectfully suggest that anyone who has sadly lost someone close to their heart that wishes to witness and take part in this, should ensure that they are settled in the seat positions in good time.

RIP to all our old fellow supporters we now miss so much.

Re James Staines

It would be nice to add my son RIP James Staines age 16 who lost his life 8 and a half years ago.

I have, since posting had fellow supporters contact me regarding their relations/friends that are no longer with us to share their support. I have explained to them that following the sad loss of some supporters last year, the idea was instigated by the club that the first match of the year would be dedicated in memory of all supporters who have passed away during the previous year. I guess that going back beyond this would produce an endless list of names and need to include ex employees, players and managerial staff that have all been lost over the years. I myself still have fond memories of an uncle who played for SUFC.

It is him along with other friends and loved ones of fellow supporters that are no longer with us, as well as your own sad loss I will have in mind during the minutes applause. I am sure it will be James in yours, and hope you understand the clubs predicament. It is my understanding that it is likely that this event will continue to be held on the first match of the year to remember all supporters who have passed away during the previous year.

Great idea, I'm not at the game today but will make a moment to remember that have left us recently RIP.

like most of us,dates,pubs,games,..we tend to remember "muckers" who were then with us....RIP..too many

Think this is a lovely gesture and would be wonderful if it could be held on the first home game of the new year every year for those that have departed us from the previous year.
It was certainly well participated from everyone that I could see

Think this is a lovely gesture and would be wonderful if it could be held on the first home game of the new year every year for those that have departed us from the previous year.
It was certainly well participated from everyone that I could see

That's the idea. I think, in future though, it's supposed to only be people that have passed on in the previous year, this one was a bit more than that as it was lots of people from across the year, hence the inclusion of Bobby Moore and Frank Walton, for example.

So glad my good friend Mark Kohlbeck's name was among those included. He was a huge Southend fan and I am sure he was looking down with a smile on his face. I hope it does become an annual event. We are a small club amd it is very important to remember the fans who have passed away.

I thought yesterday was fantastic and a great tribute to any footy fan, I'm sure all fans are looking down with pride! RIP

Back